Warlock 22 32.84%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2017, 09:04 PM   #11
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
There is currently a poll on the spanish forum about which class is currently the worst.
To my surprise they consider knight as the worst, where i would have expected warlock to be the first.
https://www.championsofregnum.com/fo...d.php?t=108384

I always had the feeling the english community considers knight to be a decent class.

I read a bit through that thread with a translator, and if i understood right they mostly want a buff to knights in tanking and damaging. But I think they don't understand how OP the class will be if you buff the current knight in such ways. Knarb is already extremely strong, with the only weakness of low mobility, but that's an obvious downside for such a tanky class.
I personally wouldn't mind a buff for knights either, but rather in the support role.

Do we really want a ratio of 5/6 offensive classes? I really hope NGD doesn't go too much by that poll.

But let's see how the english community sees the classes.
I agree with you in everything you wrote here. No way that knight needs buffs in damage or movement speed; it would be just too strong. I hope that too, knight doesn't need any huge changes.
Is the difference in gameplay between Haven and Ra really that huge? :P

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
But let's see how the english community sees the classes.
Also, the results in this poll are little inadequate, since in the time I'm writing this, 3/6 players that voted for Knight are from Ra. :P Not that it's forbidden or something, but it's questionable if the results will show what *English* community thinks.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:26 AM   #12
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
I agree with you in everything you wrote here. No way that knight needs buffs in damage or movement speed; it would be just too strong. I hope that too, knight doesn't need any huge changes.
Is the difference in gameplay between Haven and Ra really that huge? :P
I don't find the gameplay that different tbh. The majority of haven knights were rather knarbish as well. Only thing that really surprises me is that MS is a lot rarer on RA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
EDIT:
Also, the results in this poll are little inadequate, since in the time I'm writing this, 3/6 players that voted for Knight are from Ra. :P Not that it's forbidden or something, but it's questionable if the results will show what *English* community thinks.
I was expecting this, that's why i made it public like the other one, so it is quite easy to compare.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:19 AM   #13
saumya
Initiate

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!)
saumya is on a distinguished road

Haha, i can think why knight is less op in Ra?
Well theres a big difference b/w haven and ra, In ra, one sultar and something like that gives you mega xp wmc and rp, so it is quiet op. But in haven, the same warlock cant do all that, fights are much less numbered and a sultar really dosent work here, and that warlocks dont stand much chance in a pvp or open field, like it dies too much with really bad defense.
I can expect knight for their worst class, well knights there i believe, cant really tank as much, their barbs and locks are so many knights get a lot of damage and also have darkness alot, and also that in a mass vs mass it dosent do as much because like only one area, and it is hard for them to pa a barb out of 50 people, also its really slow movement.

In haven THO, locks are the worst, definitely, they really have no extra movement speed (unless ms tunic, which u expect us to box with 10000k xim), then no defense either, apart from the number of CC's no use against barb on um
saumya no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:38 PM   #14
Takeyo
Apprentice

Takeyo is on a distinguished road

Yes, I think in Ra, they see the warlock's weak side a lot less often, and they see the knight's weak side a lot more often, but really, knight is actually in a relatively balanced place at this point. I think probably all the subclasses could use a little love in certain areas right now, but warlocks definitely struggle the most in general, simply because they haven't been adequately updated as the game has evolved. There's nothing wrong with them in principle, and against massive zergs, AoE spam is highly effective, but in practice, they're a bit of a one-trick-pony, in spite of their massive array of tools. That's really not a healthy position from a design or user-experience standpoint. I would apply that same reasoning to any other subclass.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:04 AM   #15
Anunnaki
Banned

Anunnaki is on a distinguished road

From my point of view, the only 2 classes that need a change are warlock & marks.

Marks need a NERF, NGD kept boosting this classe and now it become the most retard class in this game.
  • Arcana Strike should be removed, give it to warlock !
  • Winter Stroke range 20.
  • Foresight to 15% again.
  • Parabolic Shot 20% max only duration change.
  • Shield Piercing & Dual Shot to 100%
So many now stay range 50, and cast arcana strike & serpent bite & ethereal arrow to deal around 2k without taking a single risk.

Warlock
Update some useless spells
A spell with same concept as retaliation

And that spell new :
Duration : 4s
Cast : 1s
Animation : something like UM.
Reflect no damaging spells (one time)
heuuh maybe too OP

But you know, all those pools and threads , and next updates NGD will troll us and give another boost for marks
Anunnaki no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:25 AM   #16
saumya
Initiate

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!)
saumya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anunnaki View Post
From my point of view, the only 2 classes that need a change are warlock & marks.
Yep ^^ totally agree with this. It is so retarded that the class which has the Second Most damage in a short time, HAS THE MOST RANGE. Like that is very weird, I have even see a marks do 3000 lethal strike like wtf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annunaki View Post
Parabolic Shot 20% max only duration change.
Shield Piercing & Dual Shot to 100%
But that would affect hunter also
saumya no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #17
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road

Population & player grouping makes the difference I guess between the opinions on Haven & those on Ra. Lock areas are more useful in the very crowded Ra environment, but less applicable on Haven, since it's lower #'s readily allows for the quicker targeting & elimination of squishy sorts. Imho, knight (full support setup) is the most useful class in game by far, along with support conj, as both can make barbs (the ever-central rvr-class that CoR is built around) far more dangerous & durable than they otherwise are.

Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:01 PM   #18
Elva Hunter
Initiate

Elva Hunter is on a distinguished road
Default Hunter

if you are a new player and want start on the game, id suggest you to choose anything to play, unless hunter. why? bellow i wrote the reasons.

1- the class has no damage or defense enough to face the challenges of the actual version of the game. basically every class during those past 3/4 years got some kind of actualization. on its powers, skills, bufs, no matter....from mages to marksmans....barbarians and knights, all of them, were actualizated.
but hunters, unfortunatelly, just were "adjusted" to suit with the changes made for the others class in the game, and this mean, that someone cried on the forum about hunters and they nerfed it in someway (grouding arrow nerf is one of the examples) but hunter class in it self did not got anything to help them to face the new challenges.

Beyond that, play hunter requires a special dedication from it's player. and the reason for this is that is basically impossible for a new user manage to find a set up which will suit for his/her hunter in fort situations and in hunting/grinding situations. find the balance between the power points for pet discipline, and self spells is a pain, and i often see even old players asking in realm chat "someone know a set up for hunters?"

so i question.... Why That? Why even experienced players still haven't found a way to balance his/her hunter on set ups? so , all of them don't know how to play?.... or maybe the problem is in the class, which is in need of some more attention from the developers?

but somebody can complain and answer "hey, but there have good hunters in the game". yeah...indeed there have some "good hunters", but please....get those hunters, and check since how much years they are playing, yes this is what i said...YEARS, then verify his gear, and also with which class this player started on the game.

you will see that 99% of those hunters are old players, which started in the game with other class and that now own OP gear and this is the only way that they can play hunter. which brings us to the clear answer that hunter class is actually what i call a "late class".

"Late Class" because as the hunter class is actually so complicated to play, due a huge number of problems, that for a new player manage to use his/her hunter, domain the class and find a way to suit it to fort situations and 1v1/pve situations, is almost impossible.

This is why hunter is actually a class for you play after already be playing the game since a while. That is the reason why most of the hunters that we have are all old players. and the small number of players who fall in the trap of play hunter as first class just have 3 ways to go.
1- discover how hard is to play hunter, farm wmc, etc, and then get rekt by others players in wz too much until finally start another class (this will not delay to happen, usually max lvl this player will hit on hunter is 47 (and i am being generous) ).

2- will find same problems wrote above and will think that the game sucks, then will quit.

3- will stay on hunter (ive seen few real new players in the game who made that with sucess) and spend loads of time and thoughts in arena learning more about the class until finally find a way to mastery his class.

I don't complain about the fact that the new hunter user must spend too much time to mastery the class and find a decent gear to make him at least a "challenge" to his enemies; because this is a thing that every player from every class should do. but the fact is that actually only hunter players have to pass for this.

if you start a marksman or a barbarian, since low lvls you will own enough powers, damage, and area spells which will support you basically in every situation on the game. (hunters only have a nerfed esnarring arrow for the life and death, and thats all)

if you choose a conjurer, knight or warlock, you do not even have to wory. mages have the damage fixed. so, even if you are lvl 45, you will make basically the same damage of a lvl 60 wm mage if both use the same lvl 5 spell. so, the only thing you have to farm are items with casting speed, and nothing else. plus mages own more than enough area spells, can drain mana/hp, make mana/heal self, call summons, go to Staff Mastery to hit with normals harder and faster than a marksmans, etc, etc, in sume....they own ALL powers, to make even a mental retarded become "pro" on this game, all that they have to do is press buttons.
so when you put in the balance the hunter class, and the others class you see that hunter is actually the worst class on the game for a new user begin to play.

Best regards,

Elva Hunter - Elite of Syrtis

Old 01-25-2017, 03:23 PM   #19
Takeyo
Apprentice

Takeyo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elva Hunter View Post
if you are a new player and want start on the game, id suggest you to choose anything to play, unless hunter. why? bellow i wrote the reasons.

1- the class has no damage or defense enough to face the challenges of the actual version of the game. basically every class during those past 3/4 years got some kind of actualization. on its powers, skills, bufs, no matter....from mages to marksmans....barbarians and knights, all of them, were actualizated.
but hunters, unfortunatelly, just were "adjusted" to suit with the changes made for the others class in the game, and this mean, that someone cried on the forum about hunters and they nerfed it in someway (grouding arrow nerf is one of the examples) but hunter class in it self did not got anything to help them to face the new challenges.

Beyond that, play hunter requires a special dedication from it's player. and the reason for this is that is basically impossible for a new user manage to find a set up which will suit for his/her hunter in fort situations and in hunting/grinding situations. find the balance between the power points for pet discipline, and self spells is a pain, and i often see even old players asking in realm chat "someone know a set up for hunters?"

so i question.... Why That? Why even experienced players still haven't found a way to balance his/her hunter on set ups? so , all of them don't know how to play?.... or maybe the problem is in the class, which is in need of some more attention from the developers?

but somebody can complain and answer "hey, but there have good hunters in the game". yeah...indeed there have some "good hunters", but please....get those hunters, and check since how much years they are playing, yes this is what i said...YEARS, then verify his gear, and also with which class this player started on the game.

you will see that 99% of those hunters are old players, which started in the game with other class and that now own OP gear and this is the only way that they can play hunter. which brings us to the clear answer that hunter class is actually what i call a "late class".

"Late Class" because as the hunter class is actually so complicated to play, due a huge number of problems, that for a new player manage to use his/her hunter, domain the class and find a way to suit it to fort situations and 1v1/pve situations, is almost impossible.

This is why hunter is actually a class for you play after already be playing the game since a while. That is the reason why most of the hunters that we have are all old players. and the small number of players who fall in the trap of play hunter as first class just have 3 ways to go.
1- discover how hard is to play hunter, farm wmc, etc, and then get rekt by others players in wz too much until finally start another class (this will not delay to happen, usually max lvl this player will hit on hunter is 47 (and i am being generous) ).

2- will find same problems wrote above and will think that the game sucks, then will quit.

3- will stay on hunter (ive seen few real new players in the game who made that with sucess) and spend loads of time and thoughts in arena learning more about the class until finally find a way to mastery his class.

I don't complain about the fact that the new hunter user must spend too much time to mastery the class and find a decent gear to make him at least a "challenge" to his enemies; because this is a thing that every player from every class should do. but the fact is that actually only hunter players have to pass for this.

if you start a marksman or a barbarian, since low lvls you will own enough powers, damage, and area spells which will support you basically in every situation on the game. (hunters only have a nerfed esnarring arrow for the life and death, and thats all)

if you choose a conjurer, knight or warlock, you do not even have to wory. mages have the damage fixed. so, even if you are lvl 45, you will make basically the same damage of a lvl 60 wm mage if both use the same lvl 5 spell. so, the only thing you have to farm are items with casting speed, and nothing else. plus mages own more than enough area spells, can drain mana/hp, make mana/heal self, call summons, go to Staff Mastery to hit with normals harder and faster than a marksmans, etc, etc, in sume....they own ALL powers, to make even a mental retarded become "pro" on this game, all that they have to do is press buttons.
so when you put in the balance the hunter class, and the others class you see that hunter is actually the worst class on the game for a new user begin to play.

Best regards,

Hunters are a defensive class. It does not take a lot of trouble to figure out how to distribute your points; all it takes is a willingness not to be a ranged barbarian, something mages have embraced since the first nerf of staff mastery.

Hunter is not a "DPS" subclass. It is a utility support subclass. Playing hunter is not about planting your feet and gunning down your opponents. That's what marksman is about. Playing hunter is about dipping and dodging, running and evading, while you harass your opponents to death.

Any new player, approaching the subclass with an open mind and NO op gear, would recognize this fact very quickly. If they do not like this playstyle, then yes, they will abandon the subclass, but NOT because they think any of the rude things you mentioned about the game or the subclass. They will abandon it simply because they do not enjoy its playstyle. They would then roll to a subclass more suited to their needs.

You are very confused. Just because there are some hunters out there with ridiculously op gear, who have figured out broken setups that allow them to easily assassinate people, and you would like to do that too, DOES NOT mean that this is how things were MEANT to be. There have always been prolific anomalies within a subclass... even I have had one, though it was much more obviously anomalous than a marksman-style hunter. I played a tanky/defensive barbarian, and it was pretty effective, but does that mean that barbs are supposed to be off-tanks? No, of course not, and it would be silly to suppose so based off of my personal good results. These things are built around unusually strong gear and highly specialized setups, NOT the design of the subclass.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:02 PM   #20
Elva Hunter
Initiate

Elva Hunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeyo View Post
Hunters are a defensive class
wrong.

Quote:
It does not take a lot of trouble to figure out how to distribute your points
wrong.

Quote:
Hunter is a utility support subclass
wrong again.

Quote:
Playing hunter is...
PUF....

Quote:
Any new player...

Quote:
You are very confused. Just because there are some hunters out there with ridiculously op gear, who have figured out broken setups that allow them to easily assassinate people, and you would like to do that too
haha...children...i am "easily assassinating people" as yourself say, on this game since many...many years ago...you are wrong are again....and just for you tell that hunter is a support class it already makes me know how far would you go on hunter...and i say....It does not impress me not even a few....Good luck.