Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support

Technical Support Questions about game technical support to the users of the community

Old 02-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
HidraA
Banned

HidraA is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for my slow feedback ..i work in same time like Surak

Using Nvidia card and IMac.

Snow Leopard 10.6.3

Hmm i made lots of tests :

I had no crashes doring gameplay but performance between menu and game play are like 1/4.
For example: if in menu i had 160 fps in gameplay i had 35-40 fps.

Anyway works good on shader 2.0 and fixed pipelines..around 35-60 fps ,its a decent play.
I had no crashes yet.

Also eat lots of cpu usage...i don't saw in any another aplication ,even Final Cut or Autodesk Maya to eat so much...but maybe this its good think.

All my tests of performance you can find here : (All tests were made without weapons trails and beams)

http://fulga.cablevision.ro/ro_on_mac/

Videos from this link i recomand you to use right-click and ->save as...seems quick time plugins don't resize correctly video size.

I will update this link once at 24 hours with new tests and logs ...i have no time this week to play much...you can veryfie in each day for feedback..

For people that want to record videos on RO and desktop i recommand ScreenFlow

Last edited by HidraA; 02-05-2011 at 06:41 PM.
HidraA no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
FlyingDeadBirdie
Pledge

FlyingDeadBirdie is an unknown quantity at this point

YES!!! (This is in reference to the first post by Surak)
Good Job NGD!
I can see you guys have been working hard!
The surprise, the uncredited purchase bug fix, and this!
FlyingDeadBirdie no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:24 AM   #3
Masterkick
Baron

Masterkick will become famous soon enoughMasterkick will become famous soon enough

I'm going to try this on my Powerbook Lombard G3 (1999), with 190 mb ram, and see what happens. If it works, I'll be very happy. I have OSX 10.3.9 .

Regards!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:42 AM   #4
surak
Legend

surak has a spectacular aura aboutsurak has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkick View Post
I'm going to try this on my Powerbook Lombard G3 (1999), with 190 mb ram, and see what happens. If it works, I'll be very happy. I have OSX 10.3.9 .

Regards!
Hmmmm

I'd be very surprised if it works.

But thanks for trying anyway
Old 02-15-2011, 06:08 AM   #5
Arafails
Baron

Arafails will become famous soon enough

If it works on a powerbook, I'll eat my hat. The last PPC Macintoshes that emulated x86 instructions did i486 only....
Old 02-15-2011, 07:21 AM   #6
HidraA
Banned

HidraA is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surak View Post
Hmmmm

I'd be very surprised if it works.

But thanks for trying anyway
Hmm i don't think will work too ..

Btw will you twick the engine to have better performances ?
I hope to work better at least with shader 2.0 and 3.0..duno if ever will work with 4.0..

I got a crash wile changing character:
Code:
Thread 0 Crashed:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0                                 	0x0046c830 Engine3D::CameraAnimation::get_length() const + 16
1                                 	0x0078de06 Scene::CameraNode::seek_animation(float, int) + 246
2                                 	0x00260b61 tolua_character_doll_tolua_CharacterDisplay_seek_cam_animation01(lua_State*) + 305
3                                 	0x00260bdd tolua_character_doll_tolua_CharacterDisplay_seek_cam_animation02(lua_State*) + 77
4                                 	0x00952704 luaD_precall + 564
5                                 	0x0096dbd3 luaV_execute + 4019
6                                 	0x00953180 luaD_call + 192
7                                 	0x00941f81 f_call + 33
8                                 	0x0095183b luaD_rawrunprotected + 59
9                                 	0x009518a5 luaD_pcall + 85
10                                	0x009443e2 lua_pcall + 130
11                                	0x00061c00 MainMenuV2::on_check_resources_timer() + 176
12                                	0x006905b9 void tev_accumulator::operator()<sigc::internal::slot_iterator_buf<sigc::internal::signal_emit0<void, tev_accumulator>, void> >(sigc::internal::slot_iterator_buf<sigc::internal::signal_emit0<void, tev_accumulator>, void>, sigc::internal::slot_iterator_buf<sigc::internal::signal_emit0<void, tev_accumulator>, void>) const + 73
13                                	0x0068fbaf TimerEventBase::time_reach_event() + 383
14                                	0x0068951a CentralTimer::time_reach_event(TimerEventBase*) + 58
15                                	0x0068a718 CentralTimer::update() + 1528
16                                	0x000ef739 ClientBase::iterate() + 57
17                                	0x0003f01c GameClient::iterate() + 28
18                                	0x0010beb4 MainLoop::iterate() + 20
19                                	0x00036c59 main + 393
20                                	0x00036ab9 start + 53

Last edited by HidraA; 02-15-2011 at 10:07 AM.
HidraA no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
surak
Legend

surak has a spectacular aura aboutsurak has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by HidraA View Post
Btw will you twick the engine to have better performances ?
I hope to work better at least with shader 2.0 and 3.0..duno if ever will work with 4.0..
It's the same OpenGL engine on all platforms, I don't think it can be tweaked much more.

Unless there are hidden Apple GL tricks I don't know yet (?)
Old 03-30-2011, 11:33 PM   #8
Zenith_Mage
Pledge

Zenith_Mage is on a distinguished road

Okay, I just downloaded it for my MAC and it installed without a problem, but whenever I go to open and play the game it immediately crashes without opening the game. Is there any way I can fix this? I really want to play....
Zenith_Mage no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:41 AM   #9
gogetterwith_-_-
Pledge

gogetterwith_-_- is on a distinguished road
Default cant get into game

idk what im looking for to get into the game and actually play it
HELP
gogetterwith_-_- no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #10
Whatno
Pledge

Whatno is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Some advice (from a noobs perspective)

Ok, I do not understand any of this code talk. So I am a noob. (this story has a good ending)

I wanted my GF to play, so I had her install on her Mac Pro MAC OS X 1.8.somthing.... We did the typical install routine: Download > Launch installer > Launch client.

Several things happen: The game installs in abou 3 folders. The ROlauncher.app rests in the "master documents" folder. > Next the REGNUM folder rests there as well, inside this folder is Rolauncher.app, Game.cfg > Live folder, and another folder (Client folder... i think).

After launching the game from the first launcher (Sitting in master documents) It would launch the client, auto update, then crash after updating the first file. After resetting and re installing, and relaunching, nothing worked.

I then opened the REGNUM folder > and launched the launcher sitting in there, as I noticed it sits next to the LIVE folder and could access more files this way (hoping it was "smart"). It launches, auto patches, then launches the game! SUCCESS! Then at the loading screen, just before to select a character it was 13% loading, and CRASH.

PLEASE NOTE, THE CLIENT HAS NO "OPTIONS" button at this time (As if it did not install this option, I can only chose server).

So, we stop for the night and give up. The next morning, I take on the project before uninstalling. THIS TIME, I move the Rolauncher out of "Main documents", I put it in the REGNUM FOLDER. I move the whole REGNUM folder into the APPLICATIONS folder in MAC OS (because programs tend to be picky in the "Main documents folder"). I re-launch. The game autopatches better this time (It was suspicisouly fast last time). I chose my server, log in, and the game launches...1%..5%...13%.. CRASH!

I read the forums and notice people turning off sound, and going into windows mode... but throught OPTIONS. Previously, I did not have this button available. So now, I look for it.... THERE IT IS!!! I open it, TURN OFF SOUND, GO WINDOWS MODE, LOWER RES TO 800x600... Re launch..

1%....5%....13%....90%.... SUCCESS!!! I can see my girl friends character!
*cross fingers*

I log in the game and BAM it is smooth, and actually looks better on her MAC than my ASUS i3 ATIHD5470 1g... WTF?! LOL!!!

So, yes, that was my nooby way of getting this game to work. Lon story short:
MOVE ALL FILES IN ONE FOLDER "REGNUM" move that folder into your APPLICATIONS folder on MAC. For some reason the installer seperates it all. Not nice .

THANKS REGNUM!!!!!!!! BEST GAME EVER!
Whatno no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote