Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 02-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #11
Kralmoe
Banned

Kralmoe is on a distinguished road

I dont play my conjurer because it is too hard and stressfull:
- Most of the people are ungrateful and absurd demanding: they take for granted that you ress them, heal them, dispel them, buff them all the time and if you forget one, omg you will sure hear it.
- Nobody protects you, so it is a dubble task, protect your allies and protect yourself.
- You are the target number 1 of every enemy. As soon as they see a mage they abandon everything to kill you.
- If you try to play a warjurer with some heals and ress just forget it; you will hear the most stupid things you can imagine. Besides a summon in wz is like the pet of a hunter now: a stupid thing who dies in 1 second.
- etc.

Playing a non-mage class was a relieve to me. At least now I can enjoy the game in a more relaxed way.
Kralmoe no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #12
Castingbeast
Banned

Castingbeast is on a distinguished road

The reasons I dont play him so often are the following ones:
when I play him Im always DI-d, hunters cant confuse me ( that spoiling their fun), when Im the only conju, all I have to do is stay in the back, heal/buff allies (in some cases maybe from behind trees/rocks), feed barbs mana and use auras at door.
LV5 Mind blank blocks almost all BoW's, WS's, ambushes/distacts, (if the enemy can even get close enough to use them at all and Im alone, not DI-d ofc).
Conju is the easiest class atm to play, no challenges at all. Boring.
Castingbeast no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #13
TommyNott
Pledge

TommyNott is on a distinguished road

I play a lvl 45 conj (Vortai in Syrtis).

I love it, and at this point I couldn't imagine playing another class.

I've never had a prob with our zerg "leaving me" or "forgetting about me", and in fact there is often another conj or several around when I am playing in WZ, and we do a good job of watching each others backs (heck, sometimes they heal me after I Ambitious Sacrifice, 'cuz they think I got damaged from war or something LOL).

I have recently discovered "Steel Skin" and "Karma Mirror" to complement my Energy Barrier - and now I don't go down in 2 hits anymore, either (in fact, 2 pig archers took me down when I was alone near their gate the other night, and in only support setup - I took one down to almost half health before I went down, hitting him only with my staff, I lasted a long time through their hammering on me simultaneously) - soon I'd like to add "Mind Blank" to resist some of the debuffs that get me...

I get great satisfaction from floating around in back healing and throwing mana and some buffs (Friendly Shielding and Divine Intervention), and I usually get pretty good RP from it too (especially if I have Manay Pylon up). Sometimes I enjoy following a couple battle-hungry barbs and marks who go running out into the enemy zerg, and trying to heal them without getting whacked myself (sometimes I succeed, sometimes not). It's a great class!

I haven't really experienced any of these negatives listed by other posters in this thread, and when I go to warj build for grinding, I find I do great damage with Sultar/Ivy/Mana Burn/Swarm, and "energy ball" (whatever that weak fireball-like thing is in Mental, first spell) - I have all of those on 5 and I can take some mobs down pretty quick. I don't even bother with summons anymore.

I guess I'm just lucky.

I'm looking forward to my graduation and hope to do it within the next month or two.

I hope the rest of you can find the kind of enjoyment and satisfaction I've gotten from playing this class, I truly believe that it is the best class in the game.
TommyNott no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #14
TommyNott
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castingbeast View Post
when I play him Im always DI-d

I didn't realize you could DI yourself. How do you do that?
Old 02-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #15
_Emin_
Banned

_Emin_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyNott View Post
I didn't realize you could DI yourself. How do you do that?
You can't DI yourself :P, someone else can DI you
_Emin_ no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #16
SirHiss
Banned

SirHiss is on a distinguished road

I love the conj class, its great fun and the iggies look after their conjs good
Only negative really demanding shouts from people all the time and too few times you get some positive response

but i love it and wouldnt trade my conj for any other class
SirHiss no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #17
Darcyeti
Initiate

Darcyeti is on a distinguished road

It seems to be a serverside problem how conjus were treated. What class I play depends on what class is needed.
So in every war we have enough conjus. Most of the time, the DI chains works and heal/rezz is working good as well. Maybe it's pure luck, but being conju on Niflheim isn't as bad as you subscribe your "conju-being" on other servers here.

To answer the OP question, I never ever stopped playing my conju. Why should I? Everything is ok with it. At least being on Niflheim Alsius.
Darcyeti no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #18
Aasiora-Leif
Apprentice

Aasiora-Leif is on a distinguished road

I avoid going to war unless there's another conju around, or if specific players are online that I know will protect me if I get rushed or something (confuse is my worst enemy). The zerg is demanding, yes, and not only do you have to worry about them, but about yourself as well; this is why I absolutely hated the class in the beginning. Now that I've found the right gear and the right setup for me, it's the only class I like to play.

PS: that's not to say that I'm perfectly happy. I ragequit when it gets too stressful and when the confuse spamming starts (ex. when the DI duration runs out and I get confused less than a second after or when it's obvious that I'm the main target)
Old 02-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #19
TommyNott
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aasiora-Leif View Post
unless there's another conju around, or if specific players are online that I know

You and Syl Blackwood are two of my fav conj's to team up with...

Perhaps the 3 of us combined could actually keep Beeker full of mana... :P
Old 02-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #20
fritsz
Apprentice

fritsz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyNott View Post
You and Syl Blackwood are two of my fav conj's to team up with...

Perhaps the 3 of us combined could actually keep Beeker full of mana... :P
Beeker full of mana = impossibleXD
But i have to say its lovely to five here mat wall 5^^

Why i like playing a conju:
- Stressful (yes i really enjoy that)
- Most of the time when you safed someone you only hear TY, but its awesome when someone really shows he's happy that you are there.
- Low cd's, im bussy all the time (guess you can add that to stressful)
- Getting targeted by 4 barbs and survive it because of some good team mates +steal skin is one of the best things there is.
- I feel very usefull when i play it

Why i dont like it:
- People who are crying: why didnt you heal me?!?!?!?! TARGET BARBS FFS etc. etc.
- Confuse, espacially when they chain it-.-
- When you die the fort is lost in non-peak hours
fritsz no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote