The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 01:32 PM   #11
Tenel_Ka
Initiate

Tenel_Ka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Just a quick question, would transfers be welcome if all the current items are bound to the account? Because that is what could happen if we allow them.

Anyway, we should first do the poll. We need to know what everyone thinks individually. We assigned a bit of time this month to make the in-game poll system.

Also, we have to think what we will do with inactive accounts.
I understand binding boss items, but why all items? How is Ra going to be negatively affected by Haven players trading their equipment?

E V E R L A S T I N G
Adrestia ~ Kellie ~ Deionarra
Tenel_Ka no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-02-2018, 01:42 PM   #12
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just a quick question, would transfers be welcome if all the current items are bound to the account? Because that is what could happen if we allow them.

Anyway, we should first do the poll. We need to know what everyone thinks individually. We assigned a bit of time this month to make the in-game poll system.

First, I would advise against hearing to all the naysayers however ridiculous their percentage is on the scale about item sales being a priority for the server transfer. No, it's not. Items don't matter in the least when you don't have anybody to play with or against. As much as I personally don't have any problems with items being bound to account, you have to understand most of us players (pulling a rough stat out of my you know where, 97.456%) have multiple accounts with different class toons spread across them. We move items around these accounts when needed. So as much as possible if it is possible, try avoiding binding items to the accounts. However, if you're weary of the fear mongering crowd that pushes the agenda and if you think it's mandatory to bind items and you see it as the only solution for the transfers, you can do as you please.

Second, I don't understand the design on an in-game poll system when you can very well know the majority of the outcry regarding a dead server and a much needed refreshing transfer to sustain the interest in the game just by the forums and the years of community complaints. Seems like a lot of spent resources and time. But that's upto you as a developer, so it's your choice.

Bottom line is, make it happen in the interest of the game and the community, it has been forthcoming long time, sustain the players who have put years and money and time into their toons which are just eating up dust on the shelves and give them the option to have fun in the game again. (Personal example: I quit the game for 2 years, then tried it during event, and have now quit it again)

Do it fast.
Loque no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-02-2018, 02:15 PM   #13
rekkles12
Apprentice

rekkles12 is on a distinguished road

Not sure whats the problem with keeping items tradeable. Isn't it our gear, we worked on it as everyone else does on Ra. How would i buy some better armor or equipment if i don't have with what to trade it for. You can account bound boss jewls but not sure what problem would it be not to ?

If items get account bounded then i couldn't transfer items to my other account. Most people do have more that 1 account.

Last edited by rekkles12; 10-02-2018 at 05:45 PM.
rekkles12 no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-02-2018, 04:19 PM   #14
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Account bound the shit out of everything, we just want to use our chars.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:03 PM   #15
Jippy
Initiate

Jippy is on a distinguished road

This ^
Old 10-02-2018, 05:59 PM   #16
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

As others sayed already - do everything account bound. It better be transfers to RA, so we can play our chars and have fun.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #17
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Account bound thing is really good idea. But I dont understand what you mean by saying transfer... Would be great if you merge both Valhalla and Haven with Ra.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:00 PM   #18
Deepak007
Apprentice

Deepak007 is on a distinguished road

I have an issue with account bound.

When you say bound all items to an account, that means we can no longer use our own bows/weapons/armor between our chars spread across two different accounts.

For example --> I like to use my bows between my marks and hunt which are on two different accounts. If you account bound items then I would have to quit one char which I don't like to. The same applies for boss jewels, is there a work around for this? Auction house is not an option for security purposes.

As long as I have access to all my gear I am okay with any change.

Thanks,

Dwarf Cousins Association
Deepak007 no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-03-2018, 01:24 AM   #19
Iplay
Pledge

Iplay is on a distinguished road

I just want to play, so I personally don't care about bounding items... on the other hand, let's be comprehensive with those players with more than one account. You could merge their accounts into one, and then make all the items bounded to that single account. Everything but magnas, because if we have nothing to trade with, as someone already mentioned, how are we going to improve our gear?

Anyways, if you ask me personally, bound any item.
Iplay no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-03-2018, 08:38 AM   #20
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:

I've said this before, & I'll say it here, again. Allow ALL accounts to play on ANY of the three servers. Let it ride for a time; wait & watch. If activity on Horus & Valhalla pick up, then leave things as is. If activity there remains about the same, then merge Haven & Valhalla = Valhaven (shutting down usa server, leaving eu server up? or vice versa?). Yet, if their longterm activity falls off even further, & even more ppl migrate to stay & play in Ra only, then merge all three servers into just one (Ravalhaven?) & be done with this already....

Account-bound items? If ppl want to sell their ingame shizz, let them. It is their's to sell or trade, right? Inactive accounts? That's a much thornier issue, as many of those accounts have players in Ra atm, & often in another realm (multi-realmer risk factor!). I say roll those dice, & take a small chance. Freely allow all of them to play any of the three servers as well. Ra's population is such that even with an influx of multi's, the only likely times it will impact server gameplay is during invasions (which mechanically require, at the least, 2-to-1 odds to pull off successfully anyway, right?)....

TL;DR: Unrestricted gameplay! Everyone can play every server! & may freely buy, sell or trade any gears!....

Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread