Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 10-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #11
_Nel_
Master

_Nel_ is on a distinguished road

I see nothing wrong with Alsius.

Of course they invaded at night, but it's not a daily raping contest or a succession of negative wishes. I only hope they will not abuse of their new power. But I trust them, they perfectly know what it is to be in the wrong side.

Rybbamma, I see it's your first post, so don't go deeper in this kind of thread, that can end up very easily in a flame war.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #12
Carn
Initiate

Carn is on a distinguished road

goooooooooooaaaaaaattttt powaaaaaaaaaah!!
Carn no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:17 PM   #13
Carn
Initiate

Carn is on a distinguished road

No wait .. i'm from Syrtis.
Carn no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:15 AM   #14
Llayne
Initiate

Llayne is on a distinguished road

I'd like to take this opportunity for people to thank me for playing in alsius. Could probably use it's own thread or even a forum section but I am a humble guy.
Llayne no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #15
Psynocide
Master

Psynocide is on a distinguished road

The Rage Threads.

Do want.
Psynocide no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:41 AM   #16
_Seinvan
Initiate

_Seinvan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippy View Post
goatttttttttt powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by excess View Post
goooooooooooaaaaaaattttt powaaaaaaaaaah!!
ggggoooooaaaaaaattttttt powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
_Seinvan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:57 AM   #17
Ulti19
Master

Ulti19 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excess View Post
No wait .. i'm from Syrtis.
Haha

Don't worry, we will be invaded at night someday again too

Ro mechanics

x(bigger number) -> y(smaller number) = profit
x has bigger number for sometime
x pwns y for abit
x loses numbers eventually and y gets more
y pwns x.
and round we go^^
Old 10-25-2011, 12:36 AM   #18
Kitsuni
Baron

Kitsuni is on a distinguished road

For anyone interested, this is our usual invasion forces (attached screenshot). The invasions occur mostly because the fort(s) usually don't get attacked at all. This isn't exactly ideal, but it seems past a certain time Syrtis and especially Ignis just stop fighting for forts, even if they'll get invaded.

I wouldn't say it's a numbers game, we've faced just as much (if not more) resistance from the enemy, but generally only once gate is vulnerable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot 2011-10-05 00_14_35.jpg (117.8 KB, 79 views)
Kitsuni no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:55 AM   #19
Psynocide
Master

Psynocide is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunie View Post
For anyone interested, this is our usual invasion forces (attached screenshot). The invasions occur mostly because the fort(s) usually don't get attacked at all. This isn't exactly ideal, but it seems past a certain time Syrtis and especially Ignis just stop fighting for forts, even if they'll get invaded.

I wouldn't say it's a numbers game, we've faced just as much (if not more) resistance from the enemy, but generally only once gate is vulnerable.
This is essentially what anyone means by a numbers advantage.
It was the same case when Ignis used to invade nightly, the defending force would be about.. Six players, seven on a weekend - it's just the general down time for most realms.
It used to be the same for Alsius, I don't quite know where this unusual abundance of insomniacs came from :P
Psynocide no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #20
Kitsuni
Baron

Kitsuni is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacrulzrs2 View Post
This is essentially what anyone means by a numbers advantage.
It was the same case when Ignis used to invade nightly, the defending force would be about.. Six players, seven on a weekend - it's just the general down time for most realms.
It used to be the same for Alsius, I don't quite know where this unusual abundance of insomniacs came from :P
I strongly disagree.

Tonight we had to hold Alga GC room for over 17 minutes from a superior force of greens, and each night tends to be similar, just that Alsius uses many things to their advantage and plays a bit smarter in small groups than other realms. We actually ended up defeated there, but two of us came back and suicided to keep GC alive for the last few minutes on the gate timer. Greens also almost killed us before we could finish noble, with us only surviving because of spamming Knight buffs (constant Ao1 for all).

Its just common tactics like:
- Using level four forts, letting door die and camping GC, focusing on keep it alive to buy time
- Switching to alts to guard multiple forts (fully allowed afaik...)
- Shock and awe effect - taking all forts at once and getting timer down before enemy has a chance to react properly
- Using Hunters to scout out noble before our group suicides on any campers, and developing proper tactics beforehand if there are campers.
- If you don't need noble, don't attack it, and those who don't need noble focus on protecting others and tanking all of the guards for the neccessary 30sec
- Knight spam (our favorite )
- Of course, only invading when enemies don't attack the fort, meaning they probably don't care to begin with

There is no numbers game going on... I don't see how you could say that after seeing my screenshot with a whole 5-6 people sitting in Samal (which was our entire force that night) just begging or someone to even attack it. It's a simple fact that 90% of the time, none of the forts that we take get attacked in the morning hours, and when they are attacked the defending realm actually tends to do fairly well, with the battle coming down to teamwork and luck. Rarely is it overkill.

I think that enemies have a tendancy to severely overestimate numbers just because they lost, as well as underestimate their own numbers. If a realm can kill a level 4 door within 30 seconds, they have enough to stop an invasion (and usually do). If they don't even try, then they obviously can't. Learn by example.

Anyway, this was not meant to be an antagonistic post, so I hope that it doesn't come off that way.

Last edited by Kitsunie; 10-25-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Kitsuni no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote