Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 11-09-2011, 06:58 AM   #11
harrrr
Pledge

harrrr is on a distinguished road

if i had a nickel every time i read a post like this, i would have 37 cents. and when you realize that the math there didn't really make sense, maybe you will have a chance of realizing that your post doesn't either. however much it seems like it, NGD is not an evil entity that is out to piss you off (although i can argue quite a bit to the opposite, subjectively of course).

either you are lower level and you are getting resisted a lot because of the level difference, or you don't notice some of the things you are resisting. it may not seem like it, but you notice it much less when you are resisting than vice versa.
harrrr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:26 AM   #12
-Logan-
Banned

-Logan- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandaMan View Post
yeh i agre i m ignis n wen we fite in arena it take ALL DAY cuz we rsist all echothrs spels n evade all dem hits. idk wtf is ths sht but it dum yo n how m i spose 2 fite liek dis.
It's true folks. Highly renowned professor Charles A. Goatfondler, did a study on the matter in February 2010 on 100 test subjects. 50 from Ignis, and 50 from Syrtis respectively... and get this: Ignean battles in the arena took on average 49 seconds, whereas Syrtian battles took 44, yes that's right, a mere 44 seconds. The difference is a whooping 5 SECONDS. For me this is evidence enough, I rest my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufkn View Post
Because Ignis and Alsius are poor players who can't afford faster high speed internets like the rich Syrtis.

If I remember correctly, some dev had said long back resists are there so as to players with a bad net/high ping have a chance to play the game. So when you see someone resist a lot, just assume they have a worse internet than you and move on.
Resists are there more then anything to make battles last longer. Without them every battle would end in a funderful spamfest of powers. On a 1 versus 1 scale resists were already decreased, they shouldn't be decreased any further because of the heavy group versus group element.
-Logan- no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #13
VandaMan
Baron

VandaMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufkn View Post
If I remember correctly, some dev had said long back resists are there so as to players with a bad net/high ping have a chance to play the game. So when you see someone resist a lot, just assume they have a worse internet than you and move on.
Saying that resists help players with bad internet connections to have a chance doesn't mean players with bad connections get more resists. I think what they were trying to say is that resists are there to break up CC chains, and give the guy with the slower initial reaction (perhaps due to ping) a chance to come back.

I seriously think making the formulas for resist calculations public would dispel a lot of the concerns over these issues. Resists will always have a random factor, and will always screw someone over sometimes, but at least for me it would help knowing what my "spell resistance" and "spell focus" stats are, how they're derived, and how they are modified and rolled against enemy spell resistance and spell focus to determine the resists that are going to screw me over.
VandaMan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #14
blood-raven
Master

blood-raven is on a distinguished road

U might consider it's something about those spells rather then ignis and goat players haxxing.
Before the update ambush 4 and ds 4 where the levels that where resisted nearly everytime.
But it seems all levels resist as much atm.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #15
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I seriously think making the formulas for resist calculations public would dispel a lot of the concerns over these issues. Resists will always have a random factor, and will always screw someone over sometimes, but at least for me it would help knowing what my "spell resistance" and "spell focus" stats are, how they're derived, and how they are modified and rolled against enemy spell resistance and spell focus to determine the resists that are going to screw me over.
I agree with you when you first requested this and I agree 100% now. I keep questioning why this is such a secret. It is part of the game play like anything else and players deserve to know their resist / spell focus stat just like they know their armour points/ Hit chance etc.

Why hidden? Will exposing it lead to questions and commentary that NGD is either unprepared for or unable to answer? At this moment, it is a fundamental part of game play . Items, spells and attributes in game affect resistance and spell focus thereby affecting your effectiveness in battle and for this reason alone you should be able to know these stats to knowledgeably modify your setup.
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #16
Awrath
Master

Awrath is on a distinguished road

Quote:
100% agree with this.
Awrath no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #17
tarashunter
Initiate

tarashunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_DaAr_PT View Post
Believe it or not, Syrtis resists too, but since you're from that realm you can't really know for sure if enemies are having resists.
+1
the resist rate is a pain for all.

And...i'm not intrested to know the formula of resist...it would be better REDUCE this rate,because it's pretty hight.
If a player cannot play,win/lose counting on his skills,because the resist rate disturb the gameplay that much...what is the sense of have skills,be highter lvl etc?
Too often there is no difference if you are a smart one or a newby...if your enemy resist you are death.

Bad ping...lowers lvl....this is the first game that use "bad ping" and "lower lvl" players as excuse to the resist/evade rate.

If a player know better than me how to play his class,he must win...and not get fu*k*d because i resist all his MAIN SKILLS.

This problem is old....yes....that doesn't mean it must be part of the game forever if works ruining the experience of everyone.
tarashunter no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #18
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

Resists/evades are part of the game, but current rate is quite high, true (for any realm).

Also beacons increasing resist rate should have a visible animation, current state make them far much powerful.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #19
Psynocide
Master

Psynocide is on a distinguished road

Luck is a bitch ain't it?
Old 11-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #20
standistortion
Master

standistortion is on a distinguished road

Resists are a pain but I wouldn't want them removed, some of the best rpg's I've played used dungeons and dragons rules where every hit is decided on the role of a dice. They would be better with more variation though, a simple 'yes or no' with a small variable in damage lacks depth.

Quote:
Why hidden? Will exposing it lead to questions and commentary that NGD is either unprepared for or unable to answer?
I suspect there is a variable in the hit chance calcs that can be tweaked for various spells, classes, levels etc. to allow live balancing.

Last edited by standistortion; 11-09-2011 at 05:59 PM.
standistortion no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote