Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 04-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #11
Kittypretty
Baron

Kittypretty will become famous soon enough

hunters are garbage.

they have piss porr defense, and the pet tree is useless in anything other than one on one fights, which in ro there are none. having a full tree and most of my attack power gone everytime my pet is killed (1-2 hits unless i waste even MORE points to make it die in a few more)

the argument that tricks is a great tree is valid, but marks have it too, and they also have better protection, and FAR more damaging skills plus far more range..everything a hunter can do a marks can do better except..

we can use camo, run fast and use a pathetic pet that dies, but that dont earn me rp.

i have stopped playing my hunter as well, other than full support setups (without the point of causing dmg, a hunter simply cant match the dmg output of any class in ro atm) and if i die, oh well..ngd wants us to be a crap class that must sneak around in camo, kill half dead/low level enemies and then run like girls.
Taking a break from Regnum due to work leaving me little free time! So my laptop must go for now! (ask me for full details, it is an Alienware Mx18 3rd gen Ivy bridge i73920xm & configured with SLI twin Nvidia 675m, paid 3,330$ asking 2,800$ or 2,400$ + netbook.
Kittypretty no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #12
dani-o
Duke

Location: gracias kailer por los -38 de karma ¬¬ ... De nada. Kailer
dani-o will become famous soon enoughdani-o will become famous soon enough

i dont know if u have noted, that the "pet reaction range" was decreased. if u want the pet to attack, the objetive must be within range 15, u can try kill ranged mobs with a range 20 bow using "assit" command on your pet but the pet will not react.

if you can shot from a 40mts range, and actually move faster than a class that can only attack you from 1.5 mts... how in the world are those guys going to be able even reach you? -chilko-
dani-o no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #13
Comp
Count

Comp will become famous soon enough

Agree'd right now pets just don't cut the mustard. Hopefully NGD will square this away soon.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #14
Cuchulainn
Master

Cuchulainn is on a distinguished road

I have a lvl 47 hunter and i dont think that hunters are to weak in fort wars. They are the worst class for making damage in fort wars, but they are the best class for hunting and they can track people.

I agree that the evasion tree is pretty bad since release 1.0. But barbarians and knights have also a pretty bad skill tree. I mean the vanguard and two handed mastery tree. Thats my opinion.
Cuchulainn no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:29 PM   #15
UmarilsStillHere
Marquis

UmarilsStillHere will become famous soon enough

Vanguard has trolls skin a const passive and Ao0 dont know any lvl 50 knight not using it on at least 15, and many barbs have 2H mastery lvled as well for TFB expansive wave and even whirlwind, I wouldent call either "crap"
Old 04-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #16
Cuchulainn
Master

Cuchulainn is on a distinguished road

the evasion tree has also still usable skills. At least several archers use still mobility, acrobatic, low profile and sotw. Probably the evasion tree isnt crap either.
Cuchulainn no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #17
Catelyn
Apprentice

Catelyn is on a distinguished road

Evasion tree is broken, dodge, spell elude, even evasive tactics are not worth it, unless on weak hits,sotw is bugged, depend how lucky you are.
And pet problems should be solved, that switch from assist/follow is really annoying.
ALl classes have bugged spells, would be great to solve them all, but unbalance will still be a problem.

But as i see it, hunters are not weak. They have speed, the element of suprise, trick spells is awesome, they have pets which deals great damage (depending on the spells used ofc), got some bonus for damage, head of the pack, dirty fighting.

Quote:
I agree with this. Hunters should only be able to kill a full hp, same lvl opponent with the use of surprise.
Except knights, can't you kill all classes in 1vs1 using element of surprise? If you don't make that much damage, your pet does it for you. And hits at 300 hurts,plus, pet can have awesome defense.

Quote:
Hunters work pretty well, there's only one thing I don't understand: Marksman is the offensive discipline, and has got a better defence than hunters?
It's not that simple, someone who scouts needs speed and evasion, not defensive spells.
You can pick your target, that's awesome. You can avoid chasing enemies too. But you're weak in fort wars. Well you can't have both.

They can already escape a fight, camo and get back if needed. A team of two hunters is great, 2 ambush, you don't even get of the ground. I've seen petless hunters doing great, of course, they have to be smarter, it's not just hit/run. Problem is, if you give them more offensive spells, and more damage, they will be too overpowered in hunts.
Catelyn no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:27 AM   #18
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catelyn View Post
Evasion tree is broken, dodge, spell elude, even evasive tactics are not worth it, unless on weak hits,sotw is bugged, depend how lucky you are.
Evasive tactics is one of the best spells ever! 600 armour more, => 120 damage less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catelyn View Post
They can already escape a fight, camo and get back if needed. A team of two hunters is great, 2 ambush, you don't even get of the ground. I've seen petless hunters doing great, of course, they have to be smarter, it's not just hit/run. Problem is, if you give them more offensive spells, and more damage, they will be too overpowered in hunts.
That's a huge problem, yeah, but that spell could work as head of the pack, not offensive, but defensive. Hmmm, 5% more armour per ally, maximum 10-15?
Seher no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:08 AM   #19
makarios68
Count

makarios68 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
the evasion tree has also still usable skills. At least several archers use still mobility, acrobatic, low profile and sotw. Probably the evasion tree isnt crap either.
There is a simple thing wrong with this statement: the evasion tree provides no evasion..
makarios68 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:23 AM   #20
Tyr
Master

Tyr is on a distinguished road

90% of the problem is the skills used the most by hunters are common archers’ skills and any change to them also affects Marksmen. This makes it near impossible to balance out the defensive and the offensive sides.

Maybe it is time to really think about removing common skill trees.

Organized Confusion

Tyr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote

Tags
balance, hunters