Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 02-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #11
Anpu
Count

Anpu will become famous soon enough

I am also still around. If I were you, I would just decrease amount of pages you are producing for Regnum, so you can make more pages in comics that potentially can bring you some money. Even if you make monthly 1 RO page, I still think players would be happy.

Whatever you decide, I will be fine. Just don't rush with the decision.

Inquisition
Anpu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #12
Pizdzius
Baron

Pizdzius has a spectacular aura aboutPizdzius has a spectacular aura aboutPizdzius has a spectacular aura about

To be honest, it's quite impossible. I've played on Ra since the release, I got to know all the best people as the world was being born. Horus is now an established place, much different from what I describe in the comic. I literally don't know anybody there and I don't have time to go online and talk to everyone. Also the "holas" point would be meaningless :S

I posted here once if anyone would want a commission, I got one person interested and so far, this person whom I know very well, never really got to pay for what I've drawn. I'm in a tough spot and I need halp.

Sewing and designing plushies takes some time before I get to know if they look good and whether I can make a working template. I really love Regnum comic and perhaps I would draw till the plot ends just for myself, but only if I had a job :S perhaps anpu is right and I will decrease the submitting to one page per two weeks :| sorry
(if you wish to contact me on my other realm character: Ignis - Josephine)

Pizdzius no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #13
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

We love the comic Piz. For me personally it made me start to play RO. I can bet this is the case for many many ppl. Do what you decide and is good for you, but your comic is big part of RO history. It will never die.

Horus is different yup, but alot of old RA players are here.

Maybe we even can grind you a char!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #14
Pizdzius
Baron

Pizdzius has a spectacular aura aboutPizdzius has a spectacular aura aboutPizdzius has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieti View Post
We love the comic Piz. For me personally it made me start to play RO. I can bet this is the case for many many ppl. Do what you decide and is good for you, but your comic is big part of RO history. It will never die.

Horus is different yup, but alot of old RA players are here.

Maybe we even can grind you a char!
can't I transfer it if that's the case? :P will my clan be transferred too?

Old 02-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #15
Miraculix
Count

Miraculix will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizdzius View Post
can't I transfer it if that's the case? :P will my clan be transferred too?
Sadly the clan information is not transfered, meaning that you transfer clan-less. So if you want to transfer you'll have to re-found your clan. I'd be happy to help you with that, and I'm sure Anpu & INQ will also be more than happy to help you with that too, both with extra members to fill the party and of course with gold.

I know that Ra is where the comic started, and that some of the original jokes would be out of context in this new world, but you can always use that to your advantage, by integrating the transfer from the actual servers into some sort of weird plot twist in the comic. The metis after all has some weird cosmological powers, right?

To put it in better terms that you might find more useful: As far as I know, television show and/or comic writers, and in general writers of episodic-type content often have to integrate real-world changes into their storyline. The firing of an actor has to be somehow written into the story-line (usually their character dies or leaves the story), or a female actor gets pregnant and their pregnancy has to be written into the storyline, or in comics too sometimes real-world events heavily influence the plot of the comic itself (look for example at what happened to Captain America pre- and post-cold war, pre and post communist fear etc etc, or a lot of comics pre and post 9/11 etc etc).

Finding ways to adjust the plot to "real world" (in this case, still virtual in-game world) changes is a skill you might want to practice if you want to keep producing episodic-type content in the future, so this whole "server transfers", "invasions expansion" and even the new "war masters" (level cap, everyone has to grind again etc etc) all present good opportunities to practice this, so why not use them?

Just a thought I like the comic even now that it is still set on Ra with which I cannot relate anymore, so I don't mind if you don't do anything about it. And remember, you don't owe anything to anyone
Miraculix no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #16
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Good start on the new comic. I am sure there are ways to make some cash off the RO comic (and the new one). I know you did it for your friends and such but it has surely grown beyond that now. I agree with the others in that Horus is simply packed with characters. A whole lot of drama too.
I would donate once there is a paypal thingy. You know, get advance stuff sent to my inbox, limited edition sketches, side story 2 page exclusives etc. Sort of like a premium reader. I might even spend extra some coin (as support) for a 1 page cameo (don't want in for free).
Thar be gold in Horus. I thoroughly agree with every post here.

Come on down , we are a bunch of wierdos here. Some more odd than others.

But, your prerogative. Everyone will understand, whatever you decide.

Artec
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #17
Wyatt
Count

Wyatt will become famous soon enoughWyatt will become famous soon enough

I am still around Josephine! How can I possibly abandon my daughter? I simply casted a powerful spell that switched me from realities into another universe called Horus

Piz, whatever you decide I am sure you have everyone support in Regnum. Your Comic is really great, and the new one looks to be awesome from what I saw.

Hopefully you consider the Horus transfer, your father will be waiting

See you around
Wyatt no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #18
Pizdzius
Baron

Well you guys have some good arguments there. Perhaps I will find some time in the future for that, and all this time up to that moment will give me some space to think. Right now I really do want to focus on my new comic, as I want to get better with CG and do something with Ameer, and waste all other time for making money. And plushies. <3 thanks for support

Old 02-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #19
Winds
Pledge

Winds is on a distinguished road

Wow a HoMM3 based comic, and I thought I was playing outdated games, when I just finished the campaigns of HoMM5. (I had bought several years ago, but it didn't run on my old computer. So couldn't play it before august last year.)

Money making wise I'd bet the all ready established Regnum comic has more potential then a brand new one based on a seriously old game. I mean even for someone like me who loved to play HoMM 1,2&3 as a kid HoMM 5 didn't give me any kicks anymore. Felt all the time, that I've seen this before*. Which is the main feeling, when playing RO these days too.

*HoMM is like the soccer or ice hockey game series that publish the same game again and again with mainly cosmetic changes. Yet people buy them, even if they contain nothing new. (Seems like HoMM6 is coming out this year. So the rip off is continuing strong.)

Ps. The "holas" scenes have probably been the most enjoyable parts off your comic, even if I've never been to Ra.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:40 PM   #20
Pizdzius
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winds View Post
Wow a HoMM3 based comic, and I thought I was playing outdated games, when I just finished the campaigns of HoMM5. (I had bought several years ago, but it didn't run on my old computer. So couldn't play it before august last year.)

Money making wise I'd bet the all ready established Regnum comic has more potential then a brand new one based on a seriously old game. I mean even for someone like me who loved to play HoMM 1,2&3 as a kid HoMM 5 didn't give me any kicks anymore. Felt all the time, that I've seen this before*. Which is the main feeling, when playing RO these days too.

*HoMM is like the soccer or ice hockey game series that publish the same game again and again with mainly cosmetic changes. Yet people buy them, even if they contain nothing new. (Seems like HoMM6 is coming out this year. So the rip off is continuing strong.)

Ps. The "holas" scenes have probably been the most enjoyable parts off your comic, even if I've never been to Ra.
Yeah, can't wait for Homm6 ^^

I love Heroes3, I love old games, I kinda hate 3D games ;D pharaoh, railroad tycoon 2, mmm. Glad to see you will perhaps enjoy the comic!

I won't quit Regnum totally, but I doubt I can make money on this, specially that NGD never answered even about selling plushies. It's their franchise, really. I was thinking about getting a job, I can't possibly invest in Regnum comic without cash :P