Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 12-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #11
Angelwinged_Devil
Banned

Angelwinged_Devil is on a distinguished road

congratulations

a small bug, when you change post process in game all objects become invisible, restarting is then needed
Angelwinged_Devil no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #12
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

By "new client" does that mean we cannot use the experimental client as well? Whenever the term "new client" was used it used to mean the "experimental" one.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #13
Angelwinged_Devil
Banned

Angelwinged_Devil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30ernest View Post
By "new client" does that mean we cannot use the experimental client as well? Whenever the term "new client" was used it used to mean the "experimental" one.
"As we said before, a new download of the client will be mandatory." I would say it means yes
Angelwinged_Devil no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #14
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

Heh hope the DL goes quickly then. Anyway I'm looking forward to this. I hope more bugf fixes and performance improvements are on the way. I can almost play with shadows now.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #15
Topogigio_BR
Baron

Topogigio_BR is on a distinguished road

Kailer, i hope we have better improvement in portuguese tranlation of the game.
I think portuguese speaking are still few, but at least in horus server we are growing.
Me and many others portuguese speaking realy wanna help in the translation process.
Maybe opening an translation sub-session in portuguese forum. Realy don't know how translation is made, but if NGD provide us with some tips in the we could help.
Topogigio_BR no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #16
felyx
Pledge

felyx is on a distinguished road

My only hope is that the planned new features doesnt contain one that will make the game pay to win after a while.
felyx no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:17 PM   #17
Arafails
Baron

Arafails will become famous soon enough

@Puppypaws: the answer is simple. While players are still using the old client, it is not feasible to utilise the features and improvements in the new client on the live servers. As it is getting to the point where the number of optimisations to the new client without changing over to some of these are nearing zero, it becomes imperative for either (A) All users to switch to the new tech, or (B) restricting the new client to Amun only and dumping a whole bunch of changes on the luckless fools who never play on Amun all at once.

As the vast majority of players will see a performance improvement with the new client and that group overlaps significantly with those that test on Amun (I couldn't be arsed drawing a Venn diagram but I want you to imagine a circle with a slightly bigger circle almost completely covering it here), it makes more sense to push the new client now that it's in a more or less stable state. Improvements can be made with more players using it.

I'd also like to point out that, in mitigation to the issues with Intel chipsets on Linux, is that the Mesa3D driver stack (let's ignore the horror that is the Poulsbo chips here) is currently entering the tricky part of a transitional stage. Everyone developing drivers is trying to get into the new Gallium model, for which new developments like DRI2 (required for OpenGL 2.0+ and therefore things like GLSL) are being targetted, and what code seems to work is being hacked into the current model drivers retrograde, so peformance issues in open drivers (like Intel) at the moment are most likely not something NGD can do anything about. Until the open source driver stack gets to the less experimental and more working stage of the new architecture, I'd recommend sticky with the Fixed pipeline renderer and turning details down until you get reasonable performance. The really good thing about the new engine is that the FPS changes when lots of people are on screen are much less dramatic now, so it should really be a help to most people.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #18
Anpu
Count

Anpu will become famous soon enough

Usually I m not optimist when you release something new for game (as its always released with job done on half), but for this one I can only say good job, thank you and good luck

Inquisition
Anpu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #19
Pakos
Master

Pakos is on a distinguished road

me prays for working ro under intel card
Pakos no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #20
thaevilgenius
Pledge

thaevilgenius is on a distinguished road

How come the client is downloading at 18.8 KB/s?

Ridiculously slow speed.....

It started at 800 KB/s for first 2 minutes then went to a slow crawl that says it will take 10 hours to finish a small file like this.
thaevilgenius no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote

Tags
launch, technology, update, upgrade