Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 08-28-2018, 12:34 PM   #11
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leily View Post
As soon as i have more info about them i will share, we have to do all the mechanics and decide where this new towers will be placed

All the ideas about are welcome!
Place them on either side of the bridges. Whoever controls the towers, control the vision of the surroundings in a moderately large radius around the towers. They start out as neutral uncaptured fortifications and then become like permanent wards on the map as long as any realm holds them and could show the enemies as coloured blips on the map depending on the realm, as long as they stay in that radius. They reset back to neutral if your forts gets captured, but can be re-captured again by attacking them.

Tie the forts mechanic with the towers across adjacent areas. For example:

The towers at PN can only be reset by capturing Samal/Aggers, PN2 towers with Imperia/Meni and so on and so forth. Doing this would prevent people from taking a secondary fort like Trelle to relinquish control of the tower at PB2 etc.
Loque no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:00 PM   #12
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

My suggestion:

Towers on map

• 4 towers per realm
  • once tower is taken it's protected for 3 minutes from capturing back
  • all guards and players must be killed to capture tower (being camoed won't keep it safe from capturing)

• every 30 seconds players are informed (via log; like hunter track) if there are any enemies around; area distance depends on tower level
  • Tower levels:
    - 1st - > two knight guards skilled with feit and heroic presence, track range: 100m
    - 2nd -> archer guard skilled with burst of the wind and lightning arrow; track range: 200m
    - 3rd -> barbarian guard skilled with typhoon and owth; track range: 300m
    - 4th -> mage guard skilled with twister and fireball; track range: 400m
    - 5th -> additional hp and damage for guards; track range: 500m
  • realms need to hold tower for x mins to upgrade it to higher lvl
  • each stage lasts 5 minutes; total 20 min to get 5 lvl
  • capturing tower resets level to 1

• reward for capturing tower: 100 warmaster coins, 3000 experience
  • to avoid abusing: 1 hour cooldown for getting reward from the same tower

• realm bonuses for holding towers:
    - at least 3 towers capped -> +5% speed while mounted; +15% exp and wmc booster
    - at least 6 towers capped -> +10% speed while mounted; +30% exp and wmc booster
    - at least 8 towers capped -> +15% speed while mounted; +50% exp and wmc booster
  • bonuses affects all players in warzone

• making enemy gate vulnerable captures all their towers untill invasion ends

Guards

I hope you like it.

Last edited by Sentan; 08-28-2018 at 09:12 PM.
Sentan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:36 PM   #13
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
...and decide where this new towers will be placed

Here's mine: regardless of where they are eventually placed, I really think these new towers (& bridges too) should be considered as "realm fortifications", meaning that we would get all of the same mechanical benefits, rewards & quest credit at them as we currently do only at the forts & castles. It's not my call, but I'd place these new towers at each of the bridges: 24 total on server, 8 total per realm, 4 total per bridge, 2 on each side of the river, 1 on the left side & 1 on the right side of each bridge's mouths.

Last edited by Lebeau; 08-29-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:04 PM   #14
Leily
Count

Leily is on a distinguished road

Yay, ideas!

Thanks for all of them, we still have to decide about this towers, so its the perfect time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
[*]reward for capturing tower: 100 warmaster coins, 3000 experience[*]to avoid abusing: 1 hour cooldown for getting reward from the same tower

[*]realm bonuses for holding towers:
- at least 3 towers capped -> +5% speed while mounted; +15% exp and wmc booster
- at least 6 towers capped -> +10% speed while mounted; +30% exp and wmc booster
- at least 8 towers capped -> +15% speed while mounted; +50% exp and wmc booster [*]bonuses affects all players in warzone
Im not sure about this part, we know alredy what people did with capture/holding rewards in the past
Leily no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:40 PM   #15
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As soon as i have more info about them i will share, we have to do all the mechanics and decide where this new towers will be placed

There's nothing to guard on Haven anymore, sadly.

But you can read a suggestion i made back to 2016 related to strongholds & bridges:
https://www.championsofregnum.com/fo...82&postcount=3
Old 09-01-2018, 02:13 AM   #16
rinky
Initiate

rinky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yay, ideas!

Thanks for all of them, we still have to decide about this towers, so its the perfect time.

Im not sure about this part, we know alredy what people did with capture/holding rewards in the past
Yeah. The XP rewards bit I'm not so sure about. That capturing the towers should give some bonus is a no-brainer, but what bonus is a good question.

I kind of like the idea of speed bonuses, but perhaps not so drastic as 5/10/15. Perhaps 2/4/6.

And xp bonuses, this is okay, but remember: the realm with the most folks is gonna get these the most, and that's not what we particularly want if we're interested in balancing realm populations at all.

I think something along the lines of a war bonus of some sort (+HP, +mana, +armor), within 100m of the tower. Or maybe 50m. A ways, but not too far.

As for how many... one on each end of a bridge, I think, plus perhaps more. So at least four per realm.

But what's the lore behind them? Why do they exist?
Old 09-11-2018, 01:34 PM   #17
kamax
Master

kamax is on a distinguished road

Use captured towers to make map more alive. A captured tower could display position of enemy / friends in a range of 200m (?) on the map.

People waiting at the save for some action could see something is going on there and decide to move away from save altar.

Add a red button in this tower for a super defensive power usable every x minutes to push enemy back or slow them down or generate a energy shield force or something else (revive all dead friends around ?).

Nice to hear new things will be added to the game !!!!
kamax no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:25 PM   #18
Aver
Initiate

Aver is on a distinguished road

I'm not into programing nor developing games, but I wonder if making the map bigger is a problem? I don't mean to expand the map but to raise some underwater terrain. NGD have already done that with Momo Island and Squid Island, so why don't you do it one more time. More terrain to explore will certainly get player engage into "exploring" it... I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas, anything would be better than leaving RO as it is right now (Haven).
Wish you luck.
Aver no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:10 PM   #19
Pery3000
Master

Pery3000 is on a distinguished road

Any updates or info regarding these towers. Please don’t load to live and not let players try it on Amun.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:35 AM   #20
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pery3000 View Post
Any updates or info regarding these towers. Please don’t load to live and not let players try it on Amun.
We're still on the beginning. We have just finished a version with some fixes to the current one and will surely be launching it next week. The towers will take a lot of work but they will add something really exciting to the WZ. Of course, Amun will be open when there is a playable version of it and will need many iterations and community feedback.