Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 11-18-2007, 12:27 AM   #11
DemonMonger
Marquis

DemonMonger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiirani
Regarding track realm enemy and enemy surveillance. Track is (I believe, not tested) more exacting with directions. Enemy surveillance tracks expand with distance

I'm not sure if it actually works like that, but that's how it SHOULD work.
it doesnt matter... since the enemy is moving most of the time.... and the pointer only says north . north west. west. south west. south . south east. east. north east.
it doesnt say the exact location.... the thing i like to know is enemy lvl along with enemy count...
DemonMonger no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:44 AM   #12
Kiirani
Master

Kiirani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonMonger
it doesnt matter... since the enemy is moving most of the time.... and the pointer only says north . north west. west. south west. south . south east. east. north east.
it doesnt say the exact location.... the thing i like to know is enemy lvl along with enemy count...
My impression is that surveillance will pick up more people than track, because of how it fans out.
Kiirani no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:42 AM   #13
Larken
Pledge

Larken is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help Kiirani. And DemonMonger, I saw your image on you doing that shortbow AOE, didn't realize that was pretty much the only useful AOE that hunters had I'll probably switch now considering that spell would make ambushing a whole lot easier, so thanks also.
Larken no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:43 PM   #14
Angelwinged_Devil
Banned

Angelwinged_Devil is on a distinguished road

kiirani track realm enemy is 45 degrees not a straight line. Also from what I've heard enemy surveillance does 360 degrees although the description doesn't tell this.
I haven't heard completely about a test of this yet. But maybe to make track realm enemy useful it should be 360 degrees and surveillance 90
Angelwinged_Devil no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #15
Kiirani
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelwinged_Devil
kiirani track realm enemy is 45 degrees not a straight line. Also from what I've heard enemy surveillance does 360 degrees although the description doesn't tell this.
I haven't heard completely about a test of this yet. But maybe to make track realm enemy useful it should be 360 degrees and surveillance 90
Both track 360 degrees -- if you cast track, you'll get enemies from whatever direction they're in regardless of where you're facing.

But enemy surveillance is described as "40 degree arc", so my impression of it is that track realm enemy will track out in each direction (probably a straight line of X width), and list anything it comes up with. Wheras enemy surveillance will start where track enemy does, and start fanning out on a 40 degree angle, so at the widest, you could have enemies perhaps 100m apart, at either side of the angle, and they'd both show up as being in that direction.
If I've got the behaviour of them right, track enemy would pick up whichever one is within X distance of a direction marker (straight line) and list it as that.

In fact I'd like the devs to confirm what the behaviour of the two is.

Edit: s/40/45/g
Old 11-19-2007, 03:52 PM   #16
Tyr
Master

Tyr is on a distinguished road

Tracking is such a messed up spell. It tracks who it wants when it wants. There are ways to avoid from being detected and are have been a number of times that with tracking set to level 5 I will detect nothing and a another hunter standing next to be will detect enemies with tracking set to level 3.

Ok, for how it works, if you read the description carefully it is correct. I will work in a full 360 degrees but only return info for a 45 degree section. The best way to describe this is tracking will detect any enemies in 1 of the 8 possible directions. (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW) Depending on the level of the spell it can tell you the number of enemies, their class, their level, and distance.

Tracking also seems to works backwards finding the enemy at the greatest distance first. (It should find the closest one.)

Organized Confusion

Tyr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:15 AM   #17
Larken
Pledge

Larken is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr
Tracking also seems to works backwards finding the enemy at the greatest distance first. (It should find the closest one.)
So would it still be advisable to level tracking up to 5?

EDIT: Wait, so are you talking about enemy surveillance or just tracking?
Larken no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:21 AM   #18
ByteMe
Master

ByteMe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonMonger
i was speaking literal ambush ... i rushed 4 mages.... hit them with area 1000
then finished them off 1 by 1... you cant do that with a long bow..
Demon, you and Compoundious really need to hunt together. You guys have very similiar ideas and tactics. Might help control the rabbit population too Of couorse I guess you'd be hitting each other too
ByteMe no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #19
Tyr
Master

Tyr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larken
So would it still be advisable to level tracking up to 5?

EDIT: Wait, so are you talking about enemy surveillance or just tracking?
I was talking about Enemy Surveillance sorry for the confusion. I think it is a problem with the skill in general not what level it is on. I have seen the reverse happen too when another hunter got nothing and I detect a few.

Organized Confusion

Tyr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #20
Kiirani
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr
I was talking about Enemy Surveillance sorry for the confusion. I think it is a problem with the skill in general not what level it is on. I have seen the reverse happen too when another hunter got nothing and I detect a few.
Yes, the trackers are bugged. Just today I tracked and came up with a mere two people to the northeast... Right before 10 or so descended on us from the nw XD

After this whole discussion I'm desperately curious as to whether my assumptions on how the trackers work are right, if track enemy is meant to be more exact with locations (wnw?), or if they both work on the arc and surveillance is the only one that explicitly says so.