Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 08-14-2014, 08:27 AM   #11
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafdale View Post
Are we introducing...friends to the game?
I play CHAMPIONS OF REGNUM...

...WTF R "friends"?
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:55 AM   #12
kmdk
Master

kmdk is on a distinguished road

I've already did , and they left game before lvl 10.
To quote some of them:
"sucks graphisc"
"i've tryed but game is crashig"
"boring game"
"ohhh champions of regnum is old sucks regnum online"

To be honnest , i think better than rebranding just name NGD shall made entire revamp of NG3D and sharred trees of spells , classes and other thinks to be kept the same , but they chosen fast rebrand of same think ...i know is harder but faster than rebuild new MMOrPG ... wtv ..
Old 08-15-2014, 09:14 PM   #13
Xenopuff
Pledge

Xenopuff is on a distinguished road

A few of my friends have tried this game and quit. I even gave one of them a lvl 60 conj which he played for a few hours, but he later called me and said he couldnt bother cause of so many weird bugs (positionlag and huge pingspikes even tho he lives about 15km from the place the servers are located are just a few things that made him leave)

No i would not recommend the current regnum to anyone :/

"Al mio segnale,scatenate Giant!"
Xenopuff no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #14
rossi
Initiate

rossi is on a distinguished road

Friends introduced me into some nice age of regnum, funny none of them still playing.

Not high level period its a pain in the ass, i kept playing because friends were high lvl and made me horny with their high lvl armor compared to my bear skin bp.

And i dont know, Haven is shit compared to RA, not lvl 60 population there is high and they are active, ppl in Haven make their quest alone while in Ra they have fun interacting with other players.

And its a process i think, they made game good looking with that one big update from 1-2 years ago. Now this new balance thing for rvr that looks good, next step must be making the quests funnier.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:52 AM   #15
leafdale
Apprentice

leafdale is on a distinguished road

these are really useful replies.

i thought i could try to summarise some of the above and put my own interpretation in.

1) rvr pvp mmos like regnum will always appeal to a niche following. I suspect maybe 1 in 20 of mmo players overall may be interested. Simply because pvp is always a tough challenge, and it depends on whether regnums particular style of pvp appeals to a particular player.

2) the biggest obstacle to more players trying out regnum seems to be the grind up to lvl 50ish.

personally i think regnum's closest competitors would be mmos like Asherons Call 1 and DAOC. I Asherons is bigger than Regnum, so from that perspective Regnum has scope to grow.

based on the above, i think a possible idea is to have a test server where all players start at level 50 and largely the entire focus is on the hugely fun RvR pvp. but the question is: will such a test server attract enough additional players in the long term, to make it worthwhile. just how much larger can such a test server grow the playerbase?
leafdale no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #16
Rohan_Knight
Pledge

Rohan_Knight is on a distinguished road

Would be a great game if you started at lv 50.
Rohan_Knight no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:41 AM   #17
Dumberest
Master

Dumberest is on a distinguished road

my friends didnt like the grind or the effect ping had on the game.the lucky box system was another things they didnt like.but mostly the game felt dead and empty to them.

i didnt help that cause,2 years later im still looking for a 7%cs gem,they heard me complain how after 3 tries at lucky box's and $45 later i could only get 3 x 3%cs gems.wasted $45 didnt i NGD.there was no luck involved,i got ripped off plain and simple.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:50 AM   #18
Shwish
Baron

Shwish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumberest View Post
i didnt help that cause,2 years later im still looking for a 7%cs gem,they heard me complain how after 3 tries at lucky box's and $45 later i could only get 3 x 3%cs gems.wasted $45 didnt i NGD.there was no luck involved,i got ripped off plain and simple.
Boxes are a real problem in this game. Buying 2 boxes cost more than a subscription fee of a better mmorpg. Needless to say those 2 boxes has a very high chance of producing an item that is totally crap and useless to you. I understand that this is a business and its how NGD makes majority of its income, but I cant help but feel ripped off every since time I've purchased a platinum or diamond box.

After the release of diamond boxes I must have purchased 10-15 of them and am yet to receive a legendary piece. In fact not one item out of that lot was used because they were all terrible and not even worthy of giving away for free. There are better ways to spend your cash in the mmorpg industry and since then I have not spent a cent on this game.
Shwish no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:55 AM   #19
ListusMinimusHTTB
Count

ListusMinimusHTTB will become famous soon enough

I tried to but people usually go off because:

Dated graphics.
Grinding.

Regnum is not for everyone. Demands time and effort, something that nowadays may sound weird or even crazy.
ListusMinimusHTTB no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:42 PM   #20
Domino_
Initiate

Domino_ is on a distinguished road

I came back from the past, just to look around and I find this topic very interesting. This topic should be in the main focus of devs actually. Especially due to opinions of players and their friends who tried the game.

Back in the days the grinding was also the main problem (wasn't till change of the xp gain while in the group grind), many of my friends tried and left, some lower lvls, some higher levels. In the end, we were 3 close friends, from one town playing almost daily. Then around year 2010+- we've left due to introducing lucky boxes and changing the game system form F2P to more P2W (Pay to Win). Last hits were:
1) increasing the level cap to 60, because all the stuff we've been collecting for years just lost their value.
2) the change of the system of powers (You used to have lvl 1 of each power without need of lvling it up). So I left MMO's playing and my 2 friends switched to another game, because basically RO has became a new game.
3) many bugs remained since 2007 (lift off the game)
4) old ingame friends were leaving mainly due to points above and increasing effects of premium items towards ingame balance

Yet I would still recommend this game, mainly because the community, then because the look aint Japanese-like or childish (IMO) and then because of the RvRvR system.

Cheers,

P. S. I still find the graphics of this game as pretty