Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

View Poll Results: What do you think about new forts?
I like new forts! 36 41.86%
I don't like new forts! 9 10.47%
An improvement, but need more work. 35 40.70%
I don't care. 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #11
Zordak
Master

Zordak will become famous soon enough

I like the designs, though the base plan could differ a little for each realm. Now they are only differently textured.
We will see what they do to the castles...

There should be clear visible obstacles at places from where you cannot target people outside the fort. Currently, there is a horizontal "wooden" bar at samal on the tower next to the gate. It looks invitingly transparent as if you should be able to cast shit across it, but apparently its magic-proof.
The transition to the area above the gate from where you can cast towards the outside is seemless, I find this very confusing.

All the other concerns (holding the new stairs favouring warriors *a lot*, how will areas work with the z-component-change in them?) I have will require the designs to go live...

Z.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #12
Initiate

53453467734534 is an unknown quantity at this point

New forts are nice and interesting, but all the same.
It would be better to create at least one architecturally different design for three of the forts. I call it "Design B".
Herb, Aggers and Samal can use your current new design
Alga, Trelle and Meni can be build with "Design B".
There will be no balance problems at all. All realms have exactly one castle, one "design A fort" and one "design B fort". So "Design B" can be totally different from "Design A" and we will have more variation.

IMPORTANT:

"Design B" forts should have low walls, so that archer and mages can use the battlement more (shooting on enemies below).

P.S: I still think, that the old castles look nice enough.
The flags should be moved into the towers too.
If this isn´t possible because of camera problems,
this would be the only thing, that has to be changed,
in order that it works.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #13
Punti_X
Initiate

Punti_X is on a distinguished road

I miss old forts functionality. Conjurer could cover wall people, ressing on wall, ressing from wall, healing people outside, etc.
New forts are less fun.
Lowering walls is the key.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #14
UmarilsStillHere
Marquis

UmarilsStillHere will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53453467734534 View Post
I agree with this, the A/B forts for each realm should be different enough to change the tactics and game style while attacking/defending that fort, they should also be more functional as Punti describes.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #15
NSer
Banned

NSer is on a distinguished road

Well i start hate those new forts which FARELY favors protectors in result lock can hit me with will domain from wall and i have no range for meteor lol
NSer no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #16
HidraA
Banned

HidraA is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSer View Post
Well i start hate those new forts which FARELY favors protectors in result lock can hit me with will domain from wall and i have no range for meteor lol
In some way true..but if you stick to door noone can hit you,neighter can cast someting at door from wall if all stay stiky to the door.
Also range is a way to hight ...
I experience the reverse,when i defend,and only archers have a fair range to hit,others just look or get out ...walls of forts are 50% useless.
HidraA no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #17
Kaixo
Count

Kaixo is on a distinguished road

I don't like them.

The only good thing is the interior, you can have more battle dynamics.

But the platform for archers and mages is too high, bad for ranged combat and bad for my conjurer if I want to heal/dispel from above or below (only rg 20/25). I had more fun with my healer in the old forts. And in one month damage from falls.

And the position of the save is horrible.
Kaixo no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:28 PM   #18
HidraA
Banned

HidraA is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaixo View Post
I don't like them.

The only good thing is the interior, you can have more battle dynamics.

But the platform for archers and mages is too high, bad for ranged combat and bad for my conjurer if I want to heal/dispel from above or below (only rg 20/25). I had more fun with my healer in the old forts. And in one month damage from falls.
Dmg from falls is other troble for mage at least or low HP chars...almost any fall from walls =dead.Wtv...this is other story.

Fair range from walls is around 30-35.Around fort is posible to cast from lower side of fort.Door is very hard to defend from walls...spells with range 25 can be avoidet by steping in left or stiky to wall/door in 2-3 steps and cast speed usual is not enaught to have time to doit.
The only way is to get out and cast...but for warlocks can be lethal die in a few hits.
The new forts become more cosmetic than useful in fight.
Defending a fort is now more related to number of warriors/or zerg that can deal real dmg outside,the only good think are guards that deal supper fast OP dmg.4-5 warriors with beacons are unstopable army that resist at any CC,and barbs can deal around 2k dmg and have 7k HP.
I enjoy more the battles in castles atm.
I wait to see how new castles will be....but if they are designed in same way ...ah well RIP real forts fights.
HidraA no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #19
ufkn
Apprentice

ufkn is an unknown quantity at this point

I never thought I'd actually feel and say this but I'm missing the old simplistic forts. The new forts are beautifully and aesthetically designed and offer dynamic play inside but it feels claustrophobic and tied up when warring. As a warrior, when you go on to hit the door, you get the feeling like you're completely blind and oblivious to all the things happening around you, on wall and the like. Maybe, reducing the height and adjusting some variables on it could bring back the fun factor and would help.

At their current state, I feel the forts are designed for pure zergism, 40 v 40 wars, a rarity on a server like Horus.
ufkn no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #20
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

I agree with most posters: new forts are beautiful, but much less fun that old ones.

Walls are far too high, reducing options, and interior doesn't give long fights we had with old ones.

Plus they are still bugged, GC sometimes stuck in central column, some players (cheaters) are glitching in, and with upcoming fall damages, many will die from walls, it will be very frustrating.

Tags
forts, update