Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 05-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #11
Tamui
Baron

Tamui is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauluzz View Post
Haven't finished reading yet.. But wow! great job!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenel_Ka View Post
I have some questions about the Lamais:
Why were they so willing to join realms and fight their own race?
Why don't they share their knowledge of the Golden Dragon and the 6 gems with their respective realms?
As they allied with the realms the people gave them homes within their cities. Trust and loyalty were building up, slowly but surely. If they leave now they cannot warn the people about the dragons. They made a pact to help with the realm, to defend their homes. Seeing other lamais helping other realms was a good sign but it also meant they gotten themselves to a point to fight each other. The longer they are staying, however, the longer they've gotten themselves attached to their previous homes again. Seeing your home get invaded, you want to wish the same on your enemy, doesn't matter how peaceful you pretend to be.

They are releasing information, however none of the races are paying attention. Who would suspect that the dragoness is plotting something far bigger when they are receiving wealth and knowledge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemo View Post
A great story.
I did not think NGD had included so moch lore

It feels great to know all these things now. But am disappointed of what they made of the story with the Soul Monger. This Vilcor-Golem does not fit such a story...
I don't see why not. Each runestone story has the exact same dialog - except the person and summon is changed. The Soul Monger created a non-existent order(props to that by the way), tricked the play into gathering each runestone and by the time the player defeated the Soul Monger's pawn, each runestone had disappeared. Now the Soul Monger has all he needs to try and free himself from his chains.

I'm aware that some grammatical mistakes still remain, we'll try to fix them.
Tamui no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #12
Artemo
Initiate

Artemo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamui View Post

I don't see why not. Each runestone story has the exact same dialog - except the person and summon is changed. The Soul Monger created a non-existent order(props to that by the way), tricked the play into gathering each runestone and by the time the player defeated the Soul Monger's pawn, each runestone had disappeared. Now the Soul Monger has all he needs to try and free himself from his chains.
But I want to fight the Soul Monger!
Artemo no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:11 PM   #13
Tamui
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemo View Post
But I want to fight the Soul Monger!
If NGD would indulge in Lore, they can easily create story lines. Remember the Soul Monger has gotten all the runestones after we did the quest. In extended period of time, he will come back again, seeking his revenge or take over.

They can do more quests, instanced battles, new boss fights and cinematic scenes, that surely would make lore alive and generating new content.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #14
Dupa_z_Zasady
Banned

Dupa_z_Zasady is an unknown quantity at this point

Could you work out short version, like 5 lines maximum, please?

Last edited by Dupa_z_Zasady; 05-10-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Dupa_z_Zasady no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #15
Artemo
Initiate

Artemo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If NGD would indulge in Lore, they can easily create story lines. Remember the Soul Monger has gotten all the runestones after we did the quest. In extended period of time, he will come back again, seeking his revenge or take over.

They can do more quests, instanced battles, new boss fights and cinematic scenes, that surely would make lore alive and generating new content.
I would really like NGD to bring us in contact with the lore. Many players don't care about the story behind the game. That is quite sad in my opinion.

I once tryed to start a new character and read everything that NPC's told me but it got boring really fast. The lore only gets conveyed by text (that is often full of mistakes). I would like the lore to be more interactive e.g. Daen-Rha talking about what was done to him before you can fight him.

The Soul Monger would be a perfect Bossmob to fight for all Realms togehter.

But things like this can wait, there are other problems.

BTT:

I'm glad that someone finally picked all the bits together to one story and I really appreciate your work
Artemo no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:34 PM   #16
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road

Thanks for writing all this down. Is all of this listed in the game's various quests? Whence comes all this amassed lore?

I do have one problem out of the gate: someone made a mistake having the first inhabitants finding a large part of Regnum as desert. It wasn't always this way. What is called Ignis/desert today became that way due to the life-draining magicks of the Igneos (who essentially destroyed themselves, their lands & their civilzation) & later still, by the dark elves (who also were drastically changed by such evil spells & rituals) & perhaps, by the Soul-Monger as well. Once, Ignis was lush & verdant. Now, the desert will ever continue to spread as long as such necromantic castings continue.

But, that's the problem with any ill-conceived or incomplete body-of-lore (in games ... or in books & shows & movies, etc.), it's often needlessly contradictory & completely lacks necessarily-structured continuity.

Regardless, u r entirely right. A really good & proper backstory is the filling in an otherwise dry & empty crust. Thanks again for writing this all down, Tamui (& Lucian).

P.S.: Indeed, it IS a pity NGD never finished the questline so that the Soul-Monger emerges & must be defeated by the players (perhaps in a 3-realm-collective way). Oh well....
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:29 AM   #17
Tamui
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
Thanks for writing all this down. Is all of this listed in the game's various quests? Whence comes all this amassed lore?

I do have one problem out of the gate: someone made a mistake having the first inhabitants finding a large part of Regnum as desert. It wasn't always this way. What is called Ignis/desert today became that way due to the life-draining magicks of the Igneos (who essentially destroyed themselves, their lands & their civilzation) & later still, by the dark elves (who also were drastically changed by such evil spells & rituals) & perhaps, by the Soul-Monger as well. Once, Ignis was lush & verdant. Now, the desert will ever continue to spread as long as such necromantic castings continue.

But, that's the problem with any ill-conceived or incomplete body-of-lore (in games ... or in books & shows & movies, etc.), it's often needlessly contradictory & completely lacks necessarily-structured continuity.

Regardless, u r entirely right. A really good & proper backstory is the filling in an otherwise dry & empty crust. Thanks again for writing this all down, Tamui (& Lucian).

P.S.: Indeed, it IS a pity NGD never finished the questline so that the Soul-Monger emerges & must be defeated by the players (perhaps in a 3-realm-collective way). Oh well....
Keep in mind that the Lamai lore is almost completely fabricated. All is known about them is that they were absent for a millenia.

Also tell me where is it written that Ignis wasn't always desert?
Old 05-11-2014, 05:21 AM   #18
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).

Quote:
...Also tell me where is it written that Ignis wasn't always desert?
Idr clearly. I think it can be inferred from the Ignis questline & from the description of what twisted evil magic can & has done to the Igneos & to the Ignean dark elves themselves. Maybe no where. I might have made it up meself along the way to fill in details that were lacking in the backstory.

What I most want to know is the historic lore of that humongous monster-drake lying dead in the middle of the desert. Did it's life, or death, have anything to do with the surrounding land's complete devastation? Notice that it is easily twice the size of the 4 still living dragons in Regnum.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:48 AM   #19
Tamui
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
What I most want to know is the historic lore of that humongous monster-drake lying dead in the middle of the desert. Did it's life, or death, have anything to do with the surrounding land's complete devastation? Notice that it is easily twice the size of the 4 still living dragons in Regnum.
It's not as big as you might think. I think, though, things there worked the same as in our planet. We had humongous animals living thousands of years ago.
Probably nobody noticed, but that drake, I included it in the story. The part where lamais bring down one dragon? Yeah, that's where it died.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:02 AM   #20
Lebeau
Banned

Quote:
Ya', u r right, there were; the Paraceratherium of the Ogolicene epoch was a truly huge mammal, & supposedly, the creative inspiration for the S.E. guy who designed the AT-AT walkers for SW:TESB.

The desertification in Ignis is obvious & ongoing. Look in inner Ignis north of the gate throughout the realm. Also look in the warzone north of the gatehouse.

Everywhere, the skeletal remains of now dead trees as well as stumps. Ignis is now a very changed land from what once it was.

Tags
lore, races, realms, regnum, story