Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 05-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #11
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road

Let's get real. This IS a matter of NGD (specifically, their imbalanced invasion mechanics, which require at least 3-to-1 odds to obtain a successful invasion). That being said, it is ALSO a matter of multi-realmers CHOOSING to log into the realm where the zerg is currently online. The 2 mergers aided this circumstance by putting a single player's multiple sets of characters from multiple servers all into a single server. Some players have also purposely created (or purchased) & then used extra character sets in a 2nd, or even 3rd, realm. There are plenty of accounts that are being regularly shared or exchanged as well. We often saw last year in Alsius the exact same sort of pre- or post- invasion logovers by multi's described by Eforius. When/if the game's invasion mechanics are finally re-balanced by NGD & then require less completely overwhelming odds to succeed, we'll prolly see somewhat less multi-realming/realm-hopping & more realm-loyalty. Multi-realm-hopping will never go away entirely tho, as many fragile egotists intend to always & only play (& winWinWIN!) in the CURRENT zerg realm on server. Also, some have friends in more than just one realm & want to play the game with ALL of their friends from time to time. Some just want a new/different playing experience for awhile. Indeed, it is like a cycle ... & sadly, the first casualty of such intentions is often realm-loyalty ... & many actually do bitterly lament this loss.

Last edited by Lebeau; 05-22-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #12
Wi3ld
Master

Wi3ld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
Let's get real. This IS a matter of NGD
I stopped reading after this. Why? Because NGD don't tell people what realm to play for. You want to know what's happening to the Syrtian population? Players are leaving to join other realms because it sucks there, veterans are leaving the game, and the remaining part of Syrtis is getting banned for duping, insulting people, and abusing game mechanics. What you're left with is newer players that aren't aware of how fucked Syrtis is, and existing players that piss and moan on the forums about how their precious zergs have ceased to be instead of playing the game in an attempt to resurrect their dying realm. Gee, I can't imagine why your numbers are dwindling.
Now quit moaning about population and play the game, or gtfo, because this shit is getting old.
I don't mean to sound harsh, but for fucks sake, you need it.

tl;dr:- Shut up and play the game

Best,
Old 05-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #13
Eforius
Master

Eforius is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi3ld View Post
I stopped reading after this. Why? Because NGD don't tell people what realm to play for. You want to know what's happening to the Syrtian population? Players are leaving to join other realms because it sucks there, veterans are leaving the game, and the remaining part of Syrtis is getting banned for duping, insulting people, and abusing game mechanics. What you're left with is newer players that aren't aware of how fucked Syrtis is, and existing players that piss and moan on the forums about how their precious zergs have ceased to be instead of playing the game in an attempt to resurrect their dying realm. Gee, I can't imagine why your numbers are dwindling.
Now quit moaning about population and play the game, or gtfo, because this shit is getting old.
I don't mean to sound harsh, but for fucks sake, you need it.

tl;dr:- Shut up and play the game

Best,
Because players are supposed to play only for one realm and i dont care if it is syrtis, ignis or alsius but i dont want a guy on my realm that will leave once his other realm is starting to invade us instead of helping. I dont say they cant play for another realm, but thet cant play on the old one too.. Regards.
Eforius no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:13 PM   #14
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

Multirealmers are people too.
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #15
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi3ld View Post
You should have kept on reading at least one line. I went on to say: "That being said, it is ALSO a matter of multi-realmers CHOOSING to log into the realm where the zerg is currently online."

True, NGD doesn't tell anyone where to play. Instead, they've made the game REQUIRE 3 to 1 odds to pull off invasions, thus they ARE encouraging & rewarding zerging & multi-realming. Period!

Why? There's just more profit for NGD if more ppl play in more than one realm & have multiple accounts. Simple. It's about the $ made by selling more mounts, more scrolls, etc. It's business...

I'm not "moaning about population" here, as I play for Alsius. Still, fair is fair & I have been b4 where those complaining now are & I didn't like it at all either. Most want at least a slim chance at victory ffs.

A hopeless battle against impossible odds isn't heroic, it's slaughter & suicide ... & "gtfo" may be EXACTLY what many of those who remain in syrtis atm do (& this is good for the game how? Hmmmm?).
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:19 PM   #16
Rising_Cold
Master

Rising_Cold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceofmeat View Post
Multirealmers are people too.
exactly we gotta feel sorry for them, they cant make choices
that kinda thing will ruin ur life after high school..
I believe we should give them a hand and help them choose 1 realm
Old 05-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #17
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

A multirelamer cant win, every time he does he would also lose.

Having no loyalty to the realm and its population would make the game dull very quickly for me.

That makes me think that most multirealmers have already lost interest in the game or at least will in the near future.
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #18
Pickled_gherkin
Pledge

Pickled_gherkin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Who still thinks that all newbs join Syrtis?
This is not about newbies but about multirealmers. I do not see any noob boom at initiation zone. Newbie zone is empty. However I see in Alsius many players those I did not met for years (typically former Horus players). These people which usually plays for another realm are "new" Alsius reinforcements.
When Alsius rised up first time I was very satisfied and happy (of course after long long time Alsius was underdog). Now I know that was just illusion and i was naive. Right now I am much more disgusted with current situation in Haven than I am satisfied even when I am on the rolling and winnig side. "Reinforcements" are bored kids which plays for stronger realm and they really ruining gameplay. Current situation in Haven is comedy.
Anyway I want say thanks to all loyal goats who plays for their own realm still and respect to Syrtis and Ignis players which still plays at these times. You can easy recognize now who is who. Who currently plays at Syrtis and Ignis realm now is not probaly multirealmer. Shame to all multies
Best.

Last edited by Pickled_gherkin; 05-22-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Pickled_gherkin no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:09 PM   #19
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickled_gherkin View Post
Anyway I want say thanks to all loyal goats who plays for their own realm still and respect to Syrtis and Ignis players which still plays at these times. You can easy recognize now who is who. Who currently plays at Syrtis and Ignis realm now is not probaly multirealmer. Shame to all multies
Best.
:thumbsup:
Old 05-22-2014, 06:49 PM   #20
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

I know that feel from times when i left Syrtis. Alot strange people came - all rude, nervous and invasion hungry. And when something failed there was yells and swears. Alot nice people left in this times.

Then they was gone leaving realm in a sorry state. Now it is Alsius's turn it seems.

Hope you manage to sustain this nasty-people-zerg. Keep up the good wars and try to have more fun aside of this kill the NPC fests.