Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 01-12-2016, 09:15 AM   #11
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilith View Post
You should have wished for it to be fixed or removed when you had the opportunity... I'm talking about the Christmass tree... That way NGD could have given a #uck about this topic, but since you chose to vote for a "murg", I don't think they are fixing or removing it from the game :v
And yes, I remember Alsius invading last weekend. My brother was playing his barb and he asked me "Why do I have more than 2k maná"... Then we realized he had war confidence even when Alsius had more players on than Syrtis...
Never heard about that tree before.

But if it was put as a vote option on some christmass tree, then it will happen sooner or later and its definetly under review.

Thanks for info!

You would think this should be a no-brainer for NGD and they could remove it tomorrow.
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 04:41 PM   #12
DogFish
Pledge

DogFish is on a distinguished road

Despite all the calls to remove War Confidence, I think it's a good feature if it was correctly applied. Having a stronger wall and extra hp & mana would sure be nice when fighting against a zerging realm.

The issue I see is that war confidence is being assigned to the wrong realm under too lax conditions. At the moment, I don't think any realm needs war confidence. All realms have made at least 1 dragon wish in the last month, and no one is making excessive invasions over the past 90 days. (See stats on regnumsenntinel)

I agree that war confidence should have finer temporal resolution. For example, hypothetical imbalance during US night doesn't mean that EU nights should get war confidence. Doing the same calculation for war confidence over smaller intervals, would improve its sensitivity to time zone imbalance.

One topic I'd like to bring up for discussion is the additional realm gate hp and the WMC reward for defending the gate. One pattern that we've seen is that if a realm has war confidence, it's extremely difficult to break the gate and defenders are very likely to receive WMC rewards for defending the gate if they have even a few defenders. This has often led to defenders not fighting at forts and camping the realm gate to receive a reward despite having enough to fight at a fort.

I think it's understandable if you are fighting a zerg for several hours. Defending a gate gives the defenders more of a chance to uses areas to their advantage and I think they should be incentived with a reward. But not fighting at forts at all and camping the gate is pretty lame and kills war zone activity.

I think this will be partially solved by appropriately designing the war confidence calculation to only be applied under more extreme situation.
DogFish no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:37 PM   #13
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

On my second thought, I think it's just fair for Alsius to have war confidence right now. Traditionally, Alsius is always fighting against joined realms of Syrtis and Ignis. Despite of numbers, Alsius deserve it.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:37 PM   #14
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
On my second thought, I think it's just fair for Alsius to have war confidence right now. Traditionally, Alsius is always fighting against joined realms of Syrtis and Ignis. Despite of numbers, Alsius deserve it.
I agree! Especially, for making over 5x more wishes than Ignis and Syrtis together in past year, Alsius definitely deserves war confidence against this union of evil, which has together nearly half numbers of actual Alsius population.

Go Alsius go, show must go on
Old 01-14-2016, 02:31 PM   #15
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
In fact, Syrtis is <10 active war players atm. And according to my tracks, Ignis + Syrtis is still < to Alsius in numbers.

War confidence is very badly designed anyway, it just doesn't help to balance realms.
Same old story, CoR war is about numbers. And for all to have fun, those numbers have to be more or less equal.

And the whole invasion + bosses system is favoring the realm with more active players, leading to even more imbalance.

I don't care much, over years i learnt to have fun whatever is the situation, but for many new players being in Syrtis atm is just a pain

I wish NGD to actually come with a good solution for realm balancing, and until now this is a plain failure.

Alsius invaded a lot when WMC were easy to earn, many have full wm jewelry, plus they kill bosses more often than other realms, plus they invaded more atm and therefore have more realm bonus, and add War Confidence to that...

I guess NGD doesn't give a shit about it anyway, so live with it or quit is the moto.

I (and very few Syrtis) will be on Ignis side (when they don't kill me) until a kind of balance is restored, and it may takes a long time.
Yesterday, we were like 5 at peak hours... we can't even hold a fort, if we manage to capture one. Sad.

To all, keep having fun, and let's hope NGD will do something useful for once.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:58 PM   #16
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri_Ronso View Post
It should check the numbers in WZ every 15-30 min IMHO and give it to the lowest one.
+1, make it dynamic...

Last edited by Sentan; 01-16-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Sentan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:55 PM   #17
halvdan
Master

Just got a rly bad foreboding.
Isn't the 'dynamic' part based on last day war results?

That would explain it all. Anyway..fix the game finally.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:26 PM   #18
halvdan
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTheLonelyOne View Post
I think you're crying at wrong grave, I've never seen Anna writing any shit you just described. I don't even see what has Anna do with any of that you described. And stop crying about bad bad Syrtis, it's kinda pathetic, this is just about that some crazy mechanics they implemented aren't working at all.

On topic, I really think, war confidence might be based on War results from last day. Too bad that's not being updated since last update.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:31 PM   #19
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTheLonelyOne View Post
blah blah
You're a troll.

I attached an historical screenshot of Syrtis going to war back to 2010.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot 2010-03-21 11_27_35_1024.jpg (246.0 KB, 42 views)
Old 01-18-2016, 12:26 AM   #20
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zas_ View Post
You're a troll.

I attached an historical screenshot of Syrtis going to war back to 2010.
Dem nostalgic cyclops rip