Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Images

Images Screenshots, fan-art and graphics related to the game

Old 10-04-2016, 01:08 AM   #11
Vadhir
Banned

Vadhir is on a distinguished road

Middle started with Invasions (and Mags) and ended with Champions. I wrote an essay of it back in 1789, with help of Plato and Aristotle. Jesus tried to help but Trump had already built a wall between Jerusalem and China, so... you get it.
Vadhir no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:22 AM   #12
NanoIgnis
Pledge

NanoIgnis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilith View Post
Middle started with Invasions (and Mags) and ended with Champions. I wrote an essay of it back in 1789, with help of Plato and Aristotle. Jesus tried to help but Trump had already built a wall between Jerusalem and China, so... you get it.
Aren't you getting bored of being that stupid? Just saying...
NanoIgnis no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:57 PM   #13
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoIgnis View Post
Aren't you getting bored of being that stupid? Just saying...
the only one being stupid is you, taking his post serious, which was obvioiusly meant as a joke..
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:19 PM   #14
Kimahri_Ronso
Baron

Kimahri_Ronso is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachteana View Post
the only one being stupid is you, taking his post serious, which was obvioiusly meant as a joke..
Do you think poetic questions should be answered?

My bad .

OT: I do.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:47 PM   #15
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

Oh yes, i miss old times, i don't know when and how the game lost its magic, but among few things i miss:
  • old forts, new ones are fancier, but fights were much more fun in old ones
  • old population (in this video of Ignis meeting on Horus, you can see more characters in Ignis alone than on all 3 realms today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGmTbiW9FX8)
  • graduation ceremonies when reaching highest level, they disappeared with the level 60 cap introduction
  • old warlocks, when level 50 was max, now they are still more or less the same, but a level 60 cap (mages never scaled)
  • old archers: range 30 max was much better
  • old barbs: you had a chance to survive at close range as a mage or archer
  • old ACTION: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4X6KHHHP3s

Now we have fancier graphics, much less bugs, but fights are mostly boring compared to old times.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:47 PM   #16
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zas_ View Post
graduation ceremonies when reaching highest level, they disappeared with the level 60 cap introduction

Now we have fancier graphics, much less bugs, but fights are mostly boring compared to old times.
The graduations were great, people turning up to celebrate that you reached level 50. Pretty sad its basically non existant now.

The old time fights were the best, people just spamming spells back and forth, and it actually being enjoyable.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:25 AM   #17
Tenel_Ka
Initiate

Tenel_Ka is on a distinguished road

Did I play a different Regnum to you guys or am I not wearing my nostalgia goggles properly?

E V E R L A S T I N G
Adrestia ~ Kellie ~ Deionarra
Tenel_Ka no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #18
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenel_Ka View Post
Did I play a different Regnum to you guys or am I not wearing my nostalgia goggles properly?
Well, objectively, we lost a lot of good players on Horus/Haven, and the population is hardly what it was (when was the last time you saw a zerg of 30+ ?)

Changes to the game weren't all negative, balance has somehow improved, and many of the annoying bugs were fixed.
But for sure new forts, fall dmg, jump, level 60 cap, and archer's range increase have no effect or a negative effect on the "fun".

As a mage, you can't do much in open field vs marksmen (totally out of range, uber dmg), nor at fort (trying to find a sweet point to target an enemy, to finally have your spell resisted).

As an archer, long range for all, almost nobody uses sb, so it is pew-pew from far away.

As a warrior, if you're a barb you kill very fast IF you can get in melee, and die very fast, and if you're a knight you basically just run around with auras, and hardly "fight".

For me, it is pretty clear the game lost a lot of fun, and the fast pace we had in fights (stop to cast, stop to aim, stay far, etc...).

And many very good and nice players gave up on this game, we lost the "realm spirit" (more multi realmers than ever), clans are useless, reaching 60 is not even something now (before it was such an effort to reach 50 that people were meeting to celebrate it). Basically the game lost "something" in the process, and this "something" was what was making this game different from others.

I'm sure many don't feel that, but i understand the "nostalgia" of some of us.

Among explanations:
  • balance changes: needed, but gameplay is now slower, and often very boring (like when you have a marx targetting you from the limit on your sight range, with no way for you to ripost, or when you die from 2 barb hits before you can do anything, etc..., frustrating = no fun)
  • new fort design: fancier, make harder to fight for all ranged classes, getting out in the middle of barbs = immediate death, a marx at top of castle tower can hit without being hit, etc... no way to jump out, no way to escape (and continue the fight)
  • onslaught nerf (in the past, it was called taxi)
  • teleports (no more ambushes on path)
  • TDM (even less players at war, on low population servers)
  • new arena (useless)
  • faster and easier XP (while it looks great, it removed the "challenge" to be a high level, less "grinders" to kill and initiate wars)
  • new level 60 cap (ooops they forgot to scale mages)
  • auction house (useless)
  • new saves (i mean castle/secondary forts ones, useless)
  • jump (the most useless feature, add nothing but new issues, if it had any impact in fights, but no... useless)
  • Realm chat channel (killed the use of clans/party chats as well as war banners)
  • invasions were secretly planned during weeks
  • fancier graphics (yes... but still and ever behind, and a lot)
  • very slow implementation of new features (2016 roadmap, 6 months behind)
  • more games around

But what i lack the most is the proud to be in one realm, yesterday for example i read more than once "don't kill this goat/ignis, he is a friend" etc... and frankly it sucks, it was NEVER the case years ago, reds/greens/blues were killing anything of a different colour for THEIR realm, it was simple as that. Grinders were dying over and over, it was very annoying for the grinder, so he was calling realm mates and wars were starting from that.

Now we have in all realms a bunch of lazy "fighters" who don't fight "friends" from other realms... don't ask why there's no action, and people leave.

So yes, it is "nostalgia", but because something was lost in the whole process.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:52 PM   #19
Tenel_Ka
Initiate

Tenel_Ka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zas_ View Post
Wow. I did not expect an essay. I agree with you regarding population in Haven, the current dullness of marksmen, and the weakness of warlock in RvR. But for the few positive things about old Regnum, I can think of countless things that sucked. I'm not sure which exact "era" we're discussing and my memory's hazy, so I might be all over the timeline here:

Classes and Balance
Archer has always been a powerful class, moreso in the past. Remember Death Sentence? Or archers strafe shooting warriors like mobs? I remember having PvPs with my marksman versus barb, where my handicap was to stand still, and I still won! I also remember a time period shortly before that where barbarian could outrun and one-hit an archer. Barbarian has been all over the place balance-wise since earliest memory. And don't even get me started on pet hunters. I mained that class in 2009 with awful gear, and it was virtual godhood. At least now archers aren't powerful within close range as well.

Knight was awful back then. All auras were useless, making them worthless at defense, and they could barely hold their own in PvP. I'm not sure what you mean by "just running around with auras and hardly fighting", nowadays many knights handle being both offensive and defensive just fine. I can't comment on mages, as I never really played them much back then. They did seem more useful at RvR back then. I don't recall them ever being able to hold their own versus archers in open field, though.

Balance has always been an issue in this game, with countless threads throughout the years. People just forget in time all the things that made them angry.

Fights
There were some good fights, just like there are now, but the standard RvR was just as dull as today. Just lots of one side zerging until they got surprise sultar chained. God, I get so frustrated thinking about how many times my allies stood in a small group just begging to be sultared. But I might have a limited perspective, playing in Australian time-zone and in an underpopulated realm at the time.

Invasions
Oh yeah, planned invasions were great. Unless you were in a realm that didn't have any, ever. Except one maybe. And a really botched attempt at another that had Kyrottimus or some other barb raging. At least that was amusing. I particularly loved the secrecy and suspicion surrounding planned invasions and the distrust they sowed in a couple certain clans (No seriously, it was amusing as hell).

Realm Spirit
There was certainly a more closely-knit and developed community in the past. I know, because one prominent Alsius player falsely accused me of being a "Syrtis spy" when I first moved there, and everyone bought into it. For months. Except Tania. Can you imagine a community where Tania is the most rational and level-headed? 'cos that was 2009 Alsius. At least all the ridiculous drama it led to was amusing.

Being serious, it's nice to be able to login now, not know who anyone is, and be able to just play the actual game.

Regarding friends in other realms, that has always existed. I know, because I've been a filthy multirealmer for at least 6 years.

Graduations
Graduations don't exist anymore because getting max level isn't a painfully slow, tedious, mindless task anymore. Well, not as much, anyway. Plus they were the dorkiest shit ever, so no real loss, eh?

"Explanations"
I'm not sure how the explanations that you posted are actually explanations for why old RO was the "good days"? A lot of them are just new features that didn't detract from the game. A lot of the rest are just preferences anyway. I found barbs having a taxi spell ridiculous, I like that TDM exists, I prefer that people can't run away from forts, and I'm too lazy to respond to the rest.

___

Sigh, look at that. I told myself I'd be brief and I just rambled on. Sorry if my thoughts sound jumbled. I'd edit it more, but... eh

E V E R L A S T I N G
Adrestia ~ Kellie ~ Deionarra
Tenel_Ka no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:58 PM   #20
Kimahri_Ronso
Baron

Kimahri_Ronso is on a distinguished road

We grew up, we got older, we "lost" years, the magic faded, that's why ^^

The game isn't as mysterious as before, we know all of its bugs, all of its spells and all of the players who play it. Nothing "new" has happened for years, same old story... No new players, no challenge, we know everything.

I personally really would like to see a new subclass to be introduced, but first the ones we have now should be tried to get balanced a bit, adding a new one would be a fatal mistake now.

I agree in most of the things you've listed Anna ^^

Let's hope for the best, things will get better for sure, the question is : When .
Hopefully not too late.