Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 08:22 PM   #11
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Please invite more people to come and talk about it, or at least ask them and you can post for them given that they can't use this forums with their accounts.

I'm interested in giving this a solution, but remember that if a small group is against it, we can't just run over them. And I sincerely believe that many German players would hate to have more latency. Having an European server and an American one is what most games do. Concentrating everything in the Americas region can be a problem for a big part of the player base which are the German speaking players.

I know that several do already play in Ra, but there must be a reason (aside from not wanting to level again) for them to stay in Valhalla and they should be part of our community first and participate in the debate.

The ideal would be to have an European server and leaving Ra as the American server. What several users want is to move everything to Ra. Every move sounds like a gamble!
Old 02-07-2018, 08:24 PM   #12
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

lets not forget about those who are not fluent in English. You wont hear from them right now for these forums are English(Spanish)-exclusive. Making an EU-server would increase population a little and colloquial language would become English, yet people dont just stop talking in German. There will be German-only clans, German forum, German "subculture"... I am not so sure how well that can work out.
Probably comparable to Horus-Nemon-merge?

Then again, the EU is in urgent need of reforms, so I guess that is debatable.
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-07-2018, 08:33 PM   #13
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachteana View Post
lets not forget about those who are not fluent in English. You wont hear from them right now for these forums are English(Spanish)-exclusive. Making an EU-server would increase population a little and colloquial language would become English, yet people dont just stop talking in German. There will be German-only clans, German forum, German "subculture"... I am not so sure how well that can work out.

This is one of my main concerns. German players are used to having their own server and this has been like that since always. Nemon had a very small player base but they failed to integrate into Haven. At first, a lot of players from Nemon came back and the active players of that sever continued, but some weeks after it plummeted. I'm afraid that could happen to Valhalla as well.

Also, I didn't mention this before, merging is not a good practice anymore. It adds a lot of "trash" into the destination server and transfers is a better way to do any of this.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:59 PM   #14
Aminta
Pledge

Aminta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachteana View Post

German are fluent enough in English. I live in Germany since 4 years and I interact with 90% of German people using English. Language is not a problem.

I also remember when I start playing Regnum and there was no International server. Only Ra. We had English clans, Italian clans, German clans, etc.
It was not a problem at all.
Aminta no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-07-2018, 10:08 PM   #15
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by amintas View Post
German are fluent enough in English. I live in Germany since 4 years and I interact with 90% of German people using English. Language is not a problem.

I also remember when I start playing Regnum and there was no International server. Only Ra. We had English clans, Italian clans, German clans, etc.
It was not a problem at all.
nice, I have been living there for 23 years. Yes, probably 90% are capable of basic English conversation. Not everyone is comfortable with doing so though, especially aged above 50 or below 15. Just because people CAN speak English, doesnt mean they WANT to.
In the end, everybody would find a way, if need be in exclusively German speaking clans. I personally also support a merge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
but some weeks after it plummeted. I'm afraid that could happen to Valhalla as well.
nah, I dont think that is likely to happen. the community is rather consistent
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-07-2018, 10:18 PM   #16
rekkles12
Apprentice

rekkles12 is on a distinguished road

Many German players are on Ra already , seeing some on Haven also i doubt there would be any ping issues.
rekkles12 no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-07-2018, 10:19 PM   #17
Artemo
Initiate

Artemo is on a distinguished road

Let's not forget about the players on Ra who speak spanish on that server since the game started. To have an international server where they are expected to speak english now will confuse them the most ^^

There really are not many players left on Valhalla, most of them now play on Ra and only log on Val when there are booses and they don't complain about ping issues. I tested Ra (and am testing it more and more often lately *sigh*) and ping really is higher. Combined with regnums exellent performance when there are many players on the screen *cough* this is still an issue wich doesn't want me to merge the servers.

I was still hoping NGD would get to the stage where they can advertise the game again, preferably in Germany too and revive Val and Haven.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:24 PM   #18
Mythox
Pledge

Mythox is on a distinguished road

Hey again Adrian.
Whats about that you make an forum thears and you ask who wants to transfer his chars to ra?
I mean that would be the best idea. People who doesn't want to move can stay on the main server. I am just trying to say there is just population when a boss kill is. After that all people log and no war is. And I do want to war.
Regards
Rumiel Aurion
Mythox no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-07-2018, 10:42 PM   #19
TheBarbarianAlsius
Baron

TheBarbarianAlsius is on a distinguished road

Im glad Adrian finally talk about merge/transfers problems with Valhalla server. But what about Ra-Haven? there is a lot of english clans in Ra and seems like it works fine with the community , also ping isn't an issue.

Skallagrimr
TheBarbarianAlsius no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-07-2018, 10:45 PM   #20
Pery3000
Master

Pery3000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemo View Post
Let's not forget about the players on Ra who speak spanish on that server since the game started. To have an international server where they are expected to speak english now will confuse them the most ^^
Since when has NGD ever forced their players to only speak English in game? I don’t think that would start if things were to change. Also all In-game language was taken from RA. New players still ask me why we call the bridges that or what does aca mean. Spanish players know more English than everyone seems to think. Also may I ask what specs your PC /laptop is? I know regunm isnt the greatest optimized game but sometimes the fault is the users. RvR games are meant to have many players and require at least decent setups.

The German Players I’ve talked says they only keep playing because of Ra. Only logging to say high to old players or kill bosses. Exactly the same as Haven players these days. My clan is half German half English. Think Goats have higher German population.
Closed Thread