General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 09-29-2007, 01:45 PM   #11
Myxir
Count

Myxir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightTwix
I mainly get hunted down by larger mixed groups
And those larger groups are the problem. In groups of 4 people (including me) i only get 3-5 rp per enemy
But the fact that would count more is that most of the people play their Hunter more in a "marksman-style". Most of the people try to get high damage with hunters, what seems to be crap IMO.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #12
wakim42
Initiate

wakim42 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnet
All in all, it has nothing to do with being "overpowered" or "underpowered". If anything, the Rp awarding scheme is flawed; the very idea that the same rewarding system would be used for mobs AND players is flawed imo.
Same as trying to rank on the same way a conjurer a knight and a hunter; i'd rather have 6 top 10 for each class rather than the top 30.

It could even be good to have very different way to calculate rp for each class (knight contributing more from damage received [before armor taken into account] than from damage given...).
Maybe even dont make rp for each target a fixed amount (this has to be thought, maybe will it bring some way to abuse) and give more rp to a lvl 30 defeating another 30 than if a 50 defeated him (but of course less than 50 defeating 50).
wakim42 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:57 PM   #13
-Edge-
Banned

-Edge- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froste
It's not a matter of class, it depends on the player; how much you play and how good you are. Fort wars yield less realm points than hunting.
I concur, you see archers and mages can attack from afar and get RP, while warriors have to get up close takin gthe risk of fighting an entire army.
-Edge- no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #14
xcvbxcvb
Pledge

xcvbxcvb is on a distinguished road

I am getting much better responses than what I was anticipating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnet
If anything, the Rp awarding scheme is flawed...
This is exactly the point of my post, is the RP system an accurate representation of effectiveness? Do the lack of Knights and Marksmen (see below for my thoughts on Hunters) on the list actually indicated they they are not as useful or is it merely just the RP calculation system that needs to be adjusted? If it truly turns out that they are not as useful, then shouldn't they be made more powerful instead of just giving them more RP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froste
Fort wars yield less realm points than hunting.
How do you figure that? Your conclusion seems to be directly contradicted by the data in the RP rankings.

Quote:
That there is only one hunter in top30 surprises me too cause hunting is pure rp harvesting.
My only guess as to why there are not more Hunters in the top 30 is that you are not constantly earning RP while hunting like you do in fort wars, instead it is alot of stalking and waiting, neither of which earns you RP. I do believe that Hunters are incredibly useful for two reasons: they harass individuals when they are trying to level which prolongs their achievement of level 50, and they usually attract huge mobs of people who try to track them down and kill them which prevents them from attacking or defending forts. My respect to all of the Hunters out there, even if the RP system doesn't love you.

Edit: just had to add this quote from another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonMonger
Hunter is like the ninja of regnum, the special covert ops of war....
xcvbxcvb no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:02 PM   #15
daresbalat
Master

daresbalat is on a distinguished road

RP are a very, very crude measure of performance. They have nothing to do with "efficiency", as the page suggests. In fact with my new build i actually get much less RP while hunting, but our party kills more people and lasts much longer.

I think they're a nice measure of self progress, but please, don't get too obsessed with them

Pet hate: Conjurers deliberately using area spells BEFORE a fight because they know they will definitely get at least a few RP per kill - unfortunately we don't then have the benefit of the area spell in the actual fight! Selfish and stupid.
daresbalat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:17 PM   #16
undefined
Apprentice

undefined is on a distinguished road

Heh... Still only lvl 35, can't wait to get Greater Healing! Conjurer's only have 2 main healing skills, Heal Ally and Regenerate Ally. Heal Ally has a recharge of 10s and Regenerate Ally has a recharge of 20s. You definitely cannot heal everyone in a fort war. Sometimes, a person will take so much damage in a short amount of time that even if you had Regen on the person and you used Heal Ally, he'd still die. At least Greater Healing can stack with Regenerate Ally and it lets you use your Heal / Regenerate Ally on the more important targets while the others who've taken damage and fallen back (but I don't have a Heal recharged for them) don't have to rest to gain back their HP/Mana in the middle of the fight.
undefined no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:24 PM   #17
Froste
Baron

Froste is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by n01getsout
How do you figure that? Your conclusion seems to be directly contradicted by the data in the RP rankings.
On the contrary, it's supported by the data. The people at the top hunt more (and prolly more successfully) than others.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:45 PM   #18
Boger
Master

Boger is on a distinguished road

Well, if u see a knight as a char that only stands near own mage lines and does nothing except keeping on those stupid auras then gratz, and try to play such a knight, u r useless exept those auras, so u stand like an idiot, cause when u get closer u will be raped like a turkey on Thanks-giving, and u can even spam jajajajajaj like some stupid conjus, have fun!
And ok, about greater healing, that i mentioned its useless. It frickin is if the conjurer thinks (most of those bastards do) that its enough to keep up ppl. With that kind of thinking, i get only heals from my buddy conjus (even if im one of two knights in a fight, and im getting whooped) or DM's clan conjus (thx DM for keeping them up on the right pace).

Quote:
I concur, you see archers and mages can attack from afar and get RP, while warriors have to get up close takin gthe risk of fighting an entire army.
hell yea, i gotta agree with u once ;]

Its a simple calculation:
Conjus - keep up auras that leech rp big time
Warlocks - Use areal dmg, so they get loads of rp's if the affected enemies die within 60seconds
Barbs - Spam Onslaughts, OWTH so they get nice RP's, also make some nice dmg
Archers- have ranged attacks, so they can keep out of danger zone to score some RP's
Knights - yes, u can make a RP leecher, but hes worthless for anyother task.
And if some1 tells me that the DMG taken is enough for some RP's, ill say - play a knight bro or stop making such idiotic points, cause they're awkward
Old 09-30-2007, 12:57 PM   #19
NightTwix
Count

NightTwix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boger
Well, if u see a knight as a char that only stands near own mage lines and does nothing except keeping on those stupid auras then gratz, and try to play such a knight, u r useless exept those auras, so u stand like an idiot, cause when u get closer u will be raped like a turkey on Thanks-giving, and u can even spam jajajajajaj like some stupid conjus, have fun!
And ok, about greater healing, that i mentioned its useless. It frickin is if the conjurer thinks (most of those bastards do) that its enough to keep up ppl. With that kind of thinking, i get only heals from my buddy conjus (even if im one of two knights in a fight, and im getting whooped) or DM's clan conjus (thx DM for keeping them up on the right pace).

hell yea, i gotta agree with u once ;]

Its a simple calculation:
Conjus - keep up auras that leech rp big time
Warlocks - Use areal dmg, so they get loads of rp's if the affected enemies die within 60seconds
Barbs - Spam Onslaughts, OWTH so they get nice RP's, also make some nice dmg
Archers- have ranged attacks, so they can keep out of danger zone to score some RP's
Knights - yes, u can make a RP leecher, but hes worthless for anyother task.
And if some1 tells me that the DMG taken is enough for some RP's, ill say - play a knight bro or stop making such idiotic points, cause they're awkward
I couldnt have said it better.
The fun comes with fighting and not standing in the back, casting some areas and take hits.
Thats why i stopped playing my knight.

With any other class you can have fun from remote. As knight (or warrior in general) you have to struggle a lot. You cant attack from ranged so you have to get close, but you cant, cause the ranged players rarely rush, they rather wait and take out low levels from remote.
Of course you cant rush alone, cause then you are dead meat.
And conj rarely heal knights. When i played my knight i sometimes thought they have a personal problem with me and refuse to heal, but my marksman gets healed all the time. I dont really know why knights dont get healed. Maybe they are seen as useless? Well they are...

actually there are only few situations where knights are usefull, thats rushing down the enemy or stop rushing enemies. In the meantime they cant do anything but wait, take hits and watch the others have fun and get their rp.
And even in those rare situations where knights come close to an enemy they get lousy rp cause they are overbuffed.
NightTwix no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:29 PM   #20
Znurre
Marquis

Znurre will become famous soon enoughZnurre will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I couldnt have said it better.
The fun comes with fighting and not standing in the back, casting some areas and take hits.
Thats why i stopped playing my knight.

With any other class you can have fun from remote. As knight (or warrior in general) you have to struggle a lot. You cant attack from ranged so you have to get close, but you cant, cause the ranged players rarely rush, they rather wait and take out low levels from remote.
Of course you cant rush alone, cause then you are dead meat.
And conj rarely heal knights. When i played my knight i sometimes thought they have a personal problem with me and refuse to heal, but my marksman gets healed all the time. I dont really know why knights dont get healed. Maybe they are seen as useless? Well they are...

actually there are only few situations where knights are usefull, thats rushing down the enemy or stop rushing enemies. In the meantime they cant do anything but wait, take hits and watch the others have fun and get their rp.
And even in those rare situations where knights come close to an enemy they get lousy rp cause they are overbuffed.
Knights are really useful.
I have seen situations where it seems like we have no chance taking back / defending our fort. Then some brave knights rushes forward onto the enemy and then all the rest are following.

The knight can keep his HP up for such a long time that everyone else reach the targets, and the knight can get healed.

If a barb tried a such move (trust me, I know :P) he will die instantly and the rest of the group would not dare continue rushing, but stand back and get killed by the opponents ranged.

Another good use for knights is for targets.
They can stand and take damage while ranged can concentrate on piercing the enemies. The conjus simply gives mana to the ranged and HP to the knights.

So... no Knights ain't useless but they should really get more RP for tanking.
It's almost impossible to break trough a wall of knights, if they all have AoO casted, cause you can't dispel all at once and they still deal a lots of damage.