Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Images

Images Screenshots, fan-art and graphics related to the game

Old 09-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #11
kraetyz
Banned

kraetyz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static_Fang
You could say she stole his soul through demonic power.
The 666
The spiritual blow
The fact he died from it

It all adds up!
But wouldn't a guy called Devilguy be immune to 666 damage?
kraetyz no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #12
ArcticWolf
Duke

ArcticWolf is a glorious beacon of lightArcticWolf is a glorious beacon of lightArcticWolf is a glorious beacon of lightArcticWolf is a glorious beacon of lightArcticWolf is a glorious beacon of light

Hahaha, one of the best kills ever!
Old 09-20-2008, 08:27 PM   #13
Miriya_PS
Count

Location: En ninguna parte y en todos lados, que a veces es lo mismo...
Miriya_PS is a glorious beacon of lightMiriya_PS is a glorious beacon of lightMiriya_PS is a glorious beacon of lightMiriya_PS is a glorious beacon of lightMiriya_PS is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraetyz
But wouldn't a guy called Devilguy be immune to 666 damage?
So if you hit 666 to Angelwinged Devil would he be immune? I mean the name says he is a Devil, but if he has angel wings he must be an Angel. Which is he? Is he both? Can it be possible? Am I lost in translation? Can the God Machine answer this?
I am so confused right now...
Wow I HAVE to stop eating special brownies for dessert...
Miriya_PS no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:36 PM   #14
ArcticWolf
Duke

ArcticWolf is a glorious beacon of lightArcticWolf is a glorious beacon of lightArcticWolf is a glorious beacon of lightArcticWolf is a glorious beacon of lightArcticWolf is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriya
So if you hit 666 to Angelwinged Devil would he be immune? I mean the name says he is a Devil, but if he has angel wings he must be an Angel. Which is he? Is he both? Can it be possible? Am I lost in translation? Can the God Machine answer this?
I am so confused right now...
He's both immune to heals and 616, 666, 13 and similar dmg. numbers. Remember that Lucifer, the Devil, was once an Angel too :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriya
Wow I HAVE to stop eating special brownies for dessert...
Thanks god I'm not alone!
Old 09-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #15
-Edge-
Banned

-Edge- will become famous soon enough

Off topic,

I asked myself why is it 666.

and I came to the conclusion maybe its because in Catholic faith, the number 3 is used frequently to represent God the father, Holy Spirit, and son. .'. <- the H_B thingie

Soooo.... using the numbers 666 must be a sort of taunt saying satan is 3x more powerful.

Jajaja

I also found out the reason for pentagram as choice, once again, its 6 sided, the catholic symbol is a triangle, and the pentagram is 2 triangles, (again the 2x as good thing)

I know im a genious,

P.S. then I did 6x6x6 on my calculator and the answer was 216, my area code in america :O
-Edge- no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:59 PM   #16
ArcticWolf
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated_R_Edge
Off topic,

I asked myself why is it 666.

and I came to the conclusion maybe its because in Catholic faith, the number 3 is used frequently to represent God the father, Holy Spirit, and son. .'. <- the H_B thingie

Soooo.... using the numbers 666 must be a sort of taunt saying satan is 3x more powerful.

Jajaja
Maybe. But it has several meanings. The Book of Revelations is about the power of Rome when the first Christians were chased, so they had to hide the name of the cities and people using some codes. Allegories and numbers are perfect for this.

666 is the number of man, not the number of the beast, AFAIK.

You should know that the Kabbalah was the master book for the disciples at that time. Remember that Jesus was a jew, and the only difference between both religions is that the Christians think that their prophet came to Earth.

Religion was created to explain some of the lore the ancients had. That includes the sky and climate, and math is the best way to predict events of the future (like the next eclipe or harvest moon).

You should also know that religion was the only way to teach people about morality and laws, so it was a tool of massive control. So using math to hide a rebellion was pretty effective.

[EDIT]Take a look at the lore of the Whore of Babylon.[/EDIT]

Quote:
I also found out the reason for pentagram as choice, once again, its 6 sided, the catholic symbol is a triangle, and the pentagram is 2 triangles, (again the 2x as good thing)

I know im a genious,
That's the hexagram, edge.

The hexagram represents the opposites. Now look at this: A circle is 360°, right? Divide it in three parts and draw a line connecting the dots. Now you have a triangle. Now, draw a line for the three points crossing through the center of the circle, and draw a line connecting the dots. Yay, the Star!

Look at the triangle. Each angle is 60°. The sum of the external angles is 360°. The sum of the internal angles is 180°.

Take the triangle and draw a line from one of the points to the middle of the opposite segment. (something like this: ). Now you have two triangles which are rectangle triangles.
The top angle now measures 30°, while the others 60° and 90°. Perfect for trigonometric functions!

Give those sides the length 6. Hence, if we have a rectangle triangle the hypotenuse will be 6, and the adjacent will be 3. The opposite will be 3 times the square root of three.

I don't remember all the hexagram properties now :S

Oh, three is the first odd prime number. Seven is prime, and is the sum of 2*2 plus 3. The sacred number Four is 2*2, while Eleven is another prime number (the fourth odd prime number). These numbers where used to simplify the calculations.

Give the sides of a rectangle triangle this length: 3, 4, 5. Yay, perfect! Now the hypotenuse measures 5, the adjacent 3 and the opposite 4. You can use a rope to have a perfect 90° angle!! You know what that means to old masonry? You can build a perfectly aligned wall with that.

[EDIT]The area of that triangle is... 6 again![/EDIT]

That's not all... :P

The pentagram (the "satan star" as some uninformed people call it) comes from Pythagoras. It's the basis of music! Just look at the Pythagorean tuning (thanks wikipedia for the translation :P). The article explains it better than I can.

The answer to most of the symbols is in the stars and simple things. People always try to do complex associations with lots of things...

Last edited by ArcticWolf; 09-23-2008 at 12:28 AM.
ArcticWolf no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:48 AM   #17
Angel_de_Combate
Banned

Angel_de_Combate is on a distinguished road

It went from a cool screenie to philosophical all in one fell swoop, welcome to the forums
Angel_de_Combate no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:41 AM   #18
ArcticWolf
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatz1980
It went from a cool screenie to philosophical all in one fell swoop, welcome to the forums
Sorry, but sometimes I have this kind of rants
Old 09-23-2008, 03:53 AM   #19
Crowbane
Apprentice

Crowbane is on a distinguished road

My bit about the five pointed star. Or another interpretation. Aleistair Crowley used the numbers 666 a lot. One of his titles was 'The Beast'

The Pentacle has 5 points representing Earth Air Fire Water and Spirit. Sometimes has a circle around it which can represent Begining without end and End without beginning. Or the Circle of life. Inverted it represents (or used to) the Goatfoot God of the Witches (now used by SOME religions to represent the devil). Used to be used inverted by those who followed the Wiccan/Pagan Path, and still is by some, but has been taken over by Satanists and their ilk.

Nothing to do with the subject I just wear one with the point up. It's what I am.

Xephandor that is a good kind of rant and deeply interesting

Best Regards

Lan, Hunter Level 50. HORUS
Crowbane no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:56 AM   #20
ncvr
Marquis

ncvr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
.'. <- the H_B thingie
Actually, .'. is the symbol for 'therefore'.
ncvr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote