Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 06-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #11
_dracus_
Count

_dracus_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umaril View Post
Better yes, but far harder, EG (going back a bit here) How would you balance every class vs the old South Cross? Or Son of the Wind without throwing up a hundred other issues?
The problem isn't old southcross at all. It's the same with all the +100% +XX% attack dmg skills. Look out how ridiculous dmg we can do with Ripost, Southcross or Lethal strike !
Old 06-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #12
Mellion
Banned

Mellion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post

Also, we have a strong believe that Regnum's combat is too fast and require less strategy because of some overpowered spells.

- Chilko
So why did you nerf most of all usefull defensive spells? Except for mages?
Mellion no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #13
Nightchill
Banned

Nightchill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelwinged_Devil View Post
I agree, and it seems people doesn't know how to stop the terrors, if a warlock goes to the front hardly no one casts meteor or burst of wind on em'.
actually you can't stop terrors fyi since they outrange everything others have (except terror).
Nightchill no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #14
Signatus
Master

Location: Damn, I'm lost again!... but now I have a map, wiii!
Signatus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
If we don't go this route then a battle would end because who launched certain group of spells first instead of who has better tactics and coordination.

Regards,

- Chilko
In the (somewhat distant) past there were two auras to prevent mass (ranged) knock downs, both of them had skill time shorter then cooldown.

Better tactic and coordination was to time enemies skill usage and tremor/terror them after, as an example; or to have a group of buffed warriors with the responsibility of spamming area dmg/control spells from different location in order to catch enemies off guard.

Currently there are no skills that prevent mass (ranged) knockdown...

All in all, good luck on next changes, you are starting to need it.

P.S. I don't ask to nerf terror (hell, the only thing I wanted nerfed, on RO, up to this date was barbs speed, and that when there was no escapist and I was a pt hunter... and they had 3k crunching hits! ), just that at least one other class has the ability to prevent its effects with a penalty to its usage.
The sound of the Gion Shōja bells echoes the impermanence of all things; the color of the sāla flowers reveals the truth that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind.
-- Chapter 1.1 of The Tale of Heike, Helen Craig McCullough's translation
Signatus no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #15
-Edge-
Banned

-Edge- will become famous soon enough

It would not work in most sense, because its much easier to adjust an overpowered skill instead of adjusting 5 classes to face it.

However I do not believe that the skills should be boosted. (unless they are useless hence not affecting balance) But I do believe that the variables and attributes of classes should be boosted in balance cases. Killing would be much faster, like the amount of 1-Hit KO's increasing.

Constitution should have more value for example, and each attribute should have a proper use for every class, like strength for archers and mages.

Quote:
the more you reduce something the closer it gets to becoming nothing
Which leads to compensation, in this case, eventually.
-Edge- no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #16
Angelwinged_Devil
Banned

Angelwinged_Devil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightchill View Post
actually you can't stop terrors fyi since they outrange everything others have (except terror).
cast burst of wind or a meteor on a warlock casting terror and be surprised
Angelwinged_Devil no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:07 AM   #17
Kittypretty
Baron

Kittypretty will become famous soon enough

and at least post your changes please...these nasty surprises on log in are frustrating. dont hide them in with "maintenance"
Taking a break from Regnum due to work leaving me little free time! So my laptop must go for now! (ask me for full details, it is an Alienware Mx18 3rd gen Ivy bridge i73920xm & configured with SLI twin Nvidia 675m, paid 3,330$ asking 2,800$ or 2,400$ + netbook.
Kittypretty no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote