start to hunt with a WM
uncreative no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:02 PM   #12
Psynocide
Master

Psynocide is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torcida View Post
2v1 is clearly PvP look it up if you don't believe me, Yes this game is a RvR based game but PvP and hunting is a part of that and NGD should keep in mind a good ammount of people play this game almost purely because off its attractive pvp options, But sadly enough this game is somehow becoming more and more of a no-skills no-brains involved game and thats not a positive thing, Warmasters played a big-role in the game's further process into becomming a hack and slash game, I have nothing against Hotw in General but it has too fit its actual purpose and currently its just not doing that.

I repeat; PvP by definition means Player Versus Player - singular, this is not a flexible term.
You're generalizing.
War masters in general perhaps are adding to the overall tedium of how things play out but Horn of the Wind is not the direct cause, the fault lies with beacons - which need tweaking.
It's doing its job adequately, it can no longer be cast alone so its PvP element is lost and is purely a RvR benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isgandarli View Post
Ok, we know that barbs are against of "nerf" HotW. What does other classes think?
I speak from the perspective of knight and warlock.

Quote:
Every player that have proper hands, should be able to win against 1 vs 3 even
No.
You have to define by class, not all class types require the skill to handle opponents.
A skilled conjurer for instance is not defined solely by being able to dispatch a certain number of opponents but by how well they are able to support a group - notice this is a RvR example.
An offensive class type should also not be able to prevail over three of its own.
For instance, a barbarian that finds himself against three other barbarians of near equal level should expect to see the CS soon.

A skilled player should be able to function within its sub class limits to transcend their peers but not to extent of overwhelming them.

Put simply, a skilled player can surpass another when compared one to one but not two to one.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #13
Kitsuni
Baron

Kitsuni is on a distinguished road

The problem is HOTW is currently essential for Knights in any battle. A Knight has no CC resistance besides Knock down(Passive) - Defensive support has severe speed malus and doesn't count for anything except doors or PvP. This means it is very, very easy to CC Knights to death in both small group fights and in war, with it not being uncommon in 2vs2 for the Knight to be taken out for the entire fight by CC chains while the other player dies. Thus, they need to reach opponents and disable them preemptively.

If HOTW is nerfed, Onslaught nerf would have to be reverted just to make do for this entirely war-oriented class.

Quote:
For me, playing as marksman, hunter, conj and lock - i can say that i'm against a speed buff like HotW. But reality in RO forces me to use my mostly hated skills like WM Beacons and Hotw. Every player that have proper hands, should be able to win against 1 vs 3 even! Imo quality should better than quantity. Now it's almost impossible to "kite" using ranged class or to make some maneuvers against 2 vs 1.
Is this a joke?

Kiting is a broken mechanic used by highly skilled players to kill or escape several opponents. A valid mechanic, but broken nonetheless, as this is an imbalance for in 2 vs 1 the single player should never win unless the opponents are extremely unskilled, not by the power of either class. This points to an overpowered class design. A skilled player should have a chance of winning *most* of the time versus a single other player of questionable skill, but two players of the same skill should either have a hard battle or cancel each other out completely, with 2 vs 1 or other "unfair" situations leading to the single player being more than likely to get killed.

The Hunter "golden age" proved this to everyone in the most imbalanced ways possible.

And kiting is far from impossible... it is extremely easy, especially as Marksman, unless your opponent is DI'ed. Yes, even versus HoTW.

Last edited by Kitsunie; 10-10-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Kitsuni no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #14
Psynocide
Master

Psynocide is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunie View Post
The problem is HOTW is currently essential for Knights in any battle. A Knight has no CC resistance besides Knock down(Passive) - Defensive support has severe speed malus and doesn't count for anything except doors or PvP. This means it is very, very easy to CC Knights to death in both small group fights and in war, with it not being uncommon in 2vs2 fo the Knight to be taken out for the entire fight by CC chains. If HOTW is nerfed, Onslaught nerf would have to be reverted just to make do.
Very essential.

i can haz spring back plz..?
Old 10-10-2011, 11:25 PM   #15
esp_tupac
Initiate

esp_tupac is on a distinguished road

Horn of the wind can be an huge advantage to either the attacking side or the defending side (escaping) depending on the situation ur in. on a small scale it seems unfair for a single player who is being chased by 2 or more warmasters. but then it seems unbalanced for a group of non wm players to chase a group of wms. I guess that's purpose of wm skills - to change the outcome of a RvR. Hotw casted on barbs can be extremely unfair when used in combination with spring, onslaught and perhaps Divine Intervention from conjus. but without it knights would start to complain. hotw has a range limitation and a single wm can not cast on himself. I think we should leave HOTW as it is.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:09 AM   #16
Llayne
Initiate

Llayne is on a distinguished road

lock with slow 5 pvp setup doesn't like horn of the wind. Shocking. >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacrulzrs2 View Post
2 vs 1 should always have the odds stacked against the single player - what you're proposing would be more imbalance.

Also, PvP stands for Player Versus Player, not Players Versus Player/s.
Thus this example would come under RvR.
One lock vs two warriors with no horn and the lock has a good chance of winning. This is why he doesn't like hotw...
Llayne no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:38 AM   #17
DemonMonger
Marquis

DemonMonger is on a distinguished road

Threads like this one are the reason that regnum online fell apart. NERF the nerfing nerfer...
DemonMonger no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:44 AM   #18
Torcida
Banned

Torcida is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacrulzrs2 View Post
I repeat; PvP by definition means Player Versus Player - singular, this is not a flexible term.
You're generalizing.

Sigh since you simply don't want to admit you are wrong I have looked it up for you ; ''Player versus player, or PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants'' click Here
Torcida no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:49 AM   #19
Torcida
Banned

Torcida is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonMonger View Post
Threads like this one are the reason that regnum online fell apart. NERF the nerfing nerfer...
We all know you are and were against any type of WM-nerf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc View Post
lock with slow 5 pvp setup doesn't like horn of the wind. Shocking. >.>

One lock vs two warriors with no horn and the lock has a good chance of winning. This is why he doesn't like hotw...

Get your facts right I have never skilled slow on a higher lvl then 3 Which I am using now aswell. If you and your friends can't beat me while im just using slow 3 and mind push 1 then it says something about you and your in-game skills if you don't like that don't go make things up.

And indeed thats one of my reasons I don't like it, NGD said that it would be a RvR spell and since its being used in PvP situations, Its not working properly
Torcida no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:04 AM   #20
Llayne
Initiate

Llayne is on a distinguished road

Really sick of these 'nerf everyone but me' threads.
Llayne no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote