Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 03-05-2012, 07:19 AM   #11
vizsla
Pledge

vizsla is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't believe I missed this thread until now.

Those who know me should know that I stay away from exaggeration, and don't fall for pointless paranoiac theories. I also have some knowledge about statistics, so I'm aware what chance based resists mean.

That said, something is still definitely seriously wrong with distracting shot.

I had no problems with it, until one day I set it down from level 4 to 3. That day I was solo hunting all afternoon, and landed 2 DS out of 20. After putting it back to 4, all is fine again. So it seems its not just level 5, 3 is also buggy.

Don't tell me that multiple people having the same 90% resist rate is simply bad luck. (of course, cc-s have higher resist rate, I keep failing with will domain and ambush too. but on a different magnitude. that is bad luck. 18/20 is something else.)
vizsla no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #12
Tamui
Baron

Tamui is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizsla View Post
I had no problems with it, until one day I set it down from level 4 to 3. That day I was solo hunting all afternoon, and landed 2 DS out of 20. After putting it back to 4, all is fine again. So it seems its not just level 5, 3 is also buggy.

Don't tell me that multiple people having the same 90% resist rate is simply bad luck.
I use it on 3 and I got no problems with it. I give it a 7/10 success rate whenever I used it.
There is a luck concern though.
Tamui no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #13
vizsla
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamui View Post
I use it on 3 and I got no problems with it. I give it a 7/10 success rate whenever I used it.
There is a luck concern though.
Even if the normal resist chance was 50%, the probability of getting 18 resists out of 20 would be somewhere around 0.000003
since resist chance should definitely not be anywhere near 50%, add a couple more zeros to that. Add several more zeros for multiple players experiencing it in a short period. Now, I admit, there is a chance that it is just bad luck.
A chance of 0.00000000000000000000000003

Since it doesn't happen to everybody, there must be some other factors to this then, race, weapon type, or hell knows what.

Or, even more likely, level difference might be counted incorrectly. Most my opponents were higher level than me. Some of them just by a few levels, but still. If the bugged calculation uses the method meant for mobs, that could explain it. If this is the case, obviously L60 players won't notice this bug.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #14
Tamui
Baron

Tamui is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizsla View Post
Since it doesn't happen to everybody, there must be some other factors to this then, race, weapon type, or hell knows what.

Or, even more likely, level difference might be counted incorrectly. Most my opponents were higher level than me. Some of them just by a few levels, but still. If the bugged calculation uses the method meant for mobs, that could explain it. If this is the case, obviously L60 players won't notice this bug.
True, a thought just came in my mind, could it be that you have Concentration low?
As far as i know, Conc help spell focus.
Tamui no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #15
Baron

71175 is on a distinguished road

@vizsla, u miss the fact that Server's RNG isn't perfect, i would say it is incredifar from this.
71175 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
Dupa_z_Zasady
Banned

Dupa_z_Zasady is an unknown quantity at this point

First i'd like to to say thank you all for your input. I hadn't time recently to try out your suggestions but i'll surely test some stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamui View Post
True, a thought just came in my mind, could it be that you have Concentration low?
As far as i know, Conc help spell focus.
It hasn't a lot of influence. I tried it with +concentration stuff and also with +spell focus rings and haven't experienced much of a difference.
Dupa_z_Zasady no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #17
esp_tupac
Initiate

esp_tupac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupa_z_Zasady View Post
What are your experience with that spell now? I have 90% failure rate. Does anyone else experiencing that? It is not matter of enemy buffs, im talking now only about those DS's I'm sure were casted on unbuffed enemies. Did I miss momething in changelog? Please help.
where does that number come from? do you have data to back it up? most ppl only remember the times a spell fails. it's an illusion...
Old 03-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #18
vizsla
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by esptupac View Post
where does that number come from? do you have data to back it up? most ppl only remember the times a spell fails. it's an illusion...
Sometimes I have the impression people use bots to reply to threads. If post includes the word "resist" you answer "it's an illusion", no matter the details and context. lol?

Did you actually read my posts too?

My assumption is, DS 3 (and 5?) resist chance is being calculated as if target was a mob, therefore against players 10-15-20 levels higher, resist chance becomes extremely high.

Players level 55+ will never notice this, since there are no players high enough for them for the resist chance difference to become obvious. The lower level you are, and the more balls you have to keep attacking high levels, the more you will notice it.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #19
EMIN
Initiate

EMIN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupa_z_Zasady View Post
What are your experience with that spell now? I have 90% failure rate. Does anyone else experiencing that? It is not matter of enemy buffs, im talking now only about those DS's I'm sure were casted on unbuffed enemies. Did I miss momething in changelog? Please help.
Its all about luck I think. Most of times it has sucess to me(however, aca gets "dispeled" by a mob :P ) I am more lucky
EMIN no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #20
JainFarstrider
Initiate

JainFarstrider is on a distinguished road

I have a 90% success rate. I am quite a lucky player. Ha ha.

Look here for example of my luckiness

http://regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?t=87099