Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 01-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #11
Comp
Count

Comp will become famous soon enough

This is a very nice post and summation Kit...thanks!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #12
Fetido
Baron

Fetido is on a distinguished road

I have a question.
If im a barbarian with a slashing weapon, for example with 1000 of damage total, and i put then a magic gem, or i have a bonus of damage magic having in total 30 magic damage, this magic damage is all reduced for the armor? because the reduction is fixed and the armor is more than 50. so having a little magic damage in warriors is stupid?

Sorry for my english
Old 02-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #13
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetido View Post
I have a question.
If im a barbarian with a slashing weapon, for example with 1000 of damage total, and i put then a magic gem, or i have a bonus of damage magic having in total 30 magic damage, this magic damage is all reduced for the armor? because the reduction is fixed and the armor is more than 50. so having a little magic damage in warriors is stupid?

Sorry for my english
It is complicated to explain the details so i will just answer the question:

No it will not be completely reduced. Even small amounts of magic damage is good.

Slight Explanation why it isnt bad:
1. The total damage will be calculated against the armor. The amount of reduction the armor does depends on the amounts of damage per type calculated against the respective armor ratings.
2. Increasing the proportion of elemental dmg on your gear is always good, because damage from Strength adapts the damagetypes to the same proportions as found on your gear. THats why you end up with more elemental damage then the amount you added. Part of your Strength damage will become elemental too.

Regards!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #14
Fetido
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Enio_ View Post
It is complicated to explain the details so i will just answer the question:

No it will not be completely reduced. Even small amounts of magic damage is good.

Slight Explanation why it isnt bad:
1. The total damage will be calculated against the armor. The amount of reduction the armor does depends on the amounts of damage per type calculated against the respective armor ratings.
Yes this I know it
Quote:
2. Increasing the proportion of elemental dmg on your gear is always good, because damage from Strength adapts the damagetypes to the same proportions as found on your gear. THats why you end up with more elemental damage then the amount you added. Part of your Strength damage will become elemental too.

Regards!
OK, I understand this. I thought that in this form, its a %. But for example the gem's damage isn't considered part of damage of weapons because a skill like Berserker doesnt increment this damage. But a bonus damage is incrementing.

So with damage magic bonus in weapon I consider that it is how you say, but with gem I am not sure, because isn't considered part of damage of weapons

PD: Berkserk increment damage of weapon, no total damage.

Thanks for your answer!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #15
MxCx
Initiate

MxCx is on a distinguished road

Kit, awesome post and thanks for all your work in figuring this out! I was trying to explain the armor system to a new friend the other day and did my best, but now I'm bookmarking your post next time someone asks about armor and resists. This post should be sticky'd somewhere, but for now here's a bump.
MxCx no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:41 AM   #16
Krungle
Master

Krungle is on a distinguished road

I <3 this! Great work! So good rule is to pretect me noggen from floggin'!
Krungle no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #17
Rudepravda
Master

Rudepravda is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Regards!
Enio are you totally sure about this? I always think that: Strenght/Dexterity damage and the damage you find between parenthesis it's calculated as simple damage, no typed. This is reduced for example by Defensive stance (+25% damage resistance) but not from for example acrobatic or Army of one, and calculated against armor as normal.

Have you tested something like this?
Old 07-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #18
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudepravda View Post
Enio are you totally sure about this? I always think that: Strenght/Dexterity damage and the damage you find between parenthesis it's calculated as simple damage, no typed. This is reduced for example by Defensive stance (+25% damage resistance) but not from for example acrobatic or Army of one, and calculated against armor as normal.

Have you tested something like this?
Yes, i am sure and yes, i thoroughly tested and verified this as it surprised me a little too.

I compared DS vs elemental boss rings on steelskin/shieldwall/passives+frenzy with initiation weapons.

Regards
Old 07-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #19
Fetido
Baron

Quote:
Yes, i am sure and yes, i thoroughly tested and verified this as it surprised me a little too.

I compared DS vs elemental boss rings on steelskin/shieldwall/passives+frenzy with initiation weapons.

Regards
me too i have tested with initial weapons and gem, after that enio answered me, and yes it´s correct.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:33 PM   #20
Mehran
Initiate

Mehran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please Sticky This Thread

Bump. I would just like people to see this and have an informed mind. Please Mods sticky this for new players wanting to know about calculations.

Also, don't forget Kit's armor calculations page, it helps as well as many other sites with skill points and various information.

Another hand of appreciation towards the testers for this information. Thanks & best Regards!
Mehran no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote