General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 09:02 PM   #201
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian
It works like that. But, take into account the offsets between combat process and visual animations. CCs last a few seconds and mostly leads to confusions of this type.
Thanks for your reply. I have to do some tests again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig Von Mises View Post
Look at it in terms of real world warfare. When getting knocked down if your skilled enough you have a higher chance of evading, causing random resists, and if your equipped with a shield, using it to block an attack while your down, of course, to a lesser degree then when your standing up.
Logically speaking.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:08 PM   #202
ShadowForce
Apprentice

ShadowForce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
It is a self buff, only for the marks.
I see, I figured it would have benefits to others like most other WM spells.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:32 PM   #203
MDpro
Initiate

MDpro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
- Modified: Realm walls can be recaptured (only by the defending realm).
Was there something I missed? (I don't feel like going through all 20+ pages of 100 mile long posts to find out). In amun yesterday, a group of greens capped Ignis gate... I stayed hiding inside in camo to see if I could recapture gate, spam-clicked the flag, and nothing happened. Didn't say "Ignis is capturing Ignis great Wall" in my log or anything either. Does the door have to be broken first or something?

Alsius or nothing
MDpro no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-28-2015, 02:28 AM   #204
Candyx
Initiate

Candyx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig Von Mises View Post
I disagree.

Look at it in terms of real world warfare. When getting knocked down if your skilled enough you have a higher chance of evading, causing random resists, and if your equipped with a shield, using it to block an attack while your down, of course, to a lesser degree then when your standing up.

Logically speaking.
No matter how annoying or rage inducing regnum is, this post will forever make me smile. Illogical nonsense, but thanks for posting anyway... Going to enjoy this one for a while!
Old 04-28-2015, 05:46 AM   #205
LawZ
Initiate

LawZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowForce View Post
I think the dragon set attributes could use a rework for all classes. But that is another story for another update?

Yes spring was fine.
As ShadowForce and rest above said, spring is on the focus of the two last AMUN RNG patches without anyone even having complained about it.

And after two patches, it is turned into:

1. a burst MS buff (10 / 40 s) if you consider the incredible +35 % MS;
2. quite effective in longterm, 8.33 % instead of 10 % MS as pieceofmeat posted before;
3. including an OP form of Strategic Position (-60 %!! when strategic gives -20 % with malus MS).

I don't like complaining but cmon guys, seriously.

Best,

PS1. I can't enter on AMUN, stucking on the loading screen before toon selection. - Finally entered after long wait.

PS2. After reading the corresponding spanish thread, I found a post of Adrian stating that "barbarian MUST reach the ranged player". I don't fully agree on this, but let's assume that it is legit. Why he has to come with -60% ranged, while archer will have an additional malus dmg from buffing evasive tactics? And what will be happening on close combat conditions like fort wars? Plus, what with the survivability that increases on barbarian escaping (flee) mode, cause of remark (3)? Anyway, my point is that (3) must be removed. Spring should be a burst MS buff with limited (even less than 8.33 % MS) impact on the longterm or vice versa. Anything else added on it (like spell resistance, -ranged receive damage, or whatever else) just makes it unbalanced.

Last edited by LawZ; 04-28-2015 at 07:12 AM.
LawZ no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-28-2015, 07:17 AM   #206
mind-trick
Apprentice

mind-trick is on a distinguished road

i feel like spring should also have some attack speed malus or dizzy on the barb if anything barbs should be able to reach the enemy. when you combine speed and power it would be to overpowering for the 10 seconds you get out of spring.
their movement speed should be more on a consistent term (e.g passive MS), so mages can still mind push barbs effectively. reaching and killing a ranged will be more possible but it'll take longer with their higher defense and dizzy/lower AS in the longterm
mind-trick no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-28-2015, 07:26 AM   #207
LawZ
Initiate

LawZ is on a distinguished road

Something is wrong with Killer Instinct. Please confirm (?)

While before skilling it, it does state the "15% attack range", when you skill it, it doesn't give you this buff and it is also not mentioned anymore on spell description.

Check photos below.

Best,

PS. Trained Eye and Finger Crush still need to be corrected. Both are still related to HC bonus/malus.

Before skilling:

After skilling:

Last edited by LawZ; 04-28-2015 at 07:49 AM.
LawZ no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-28-2015, 07:47 AM   #208
Sentan
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawZ View Post
And what will be happening on close combat conditions like fort wars?
Low profile lvl5 (10 sec == UM) -> SoTW (8 sec) -> Winter Stroke (7 sec) or Grounding Arrow (1-5 sec), Ambush (2-6 sec), Stunning Fist under SoTW (2-6 sec), Dist Shot (4-8 sec) + Ensaring/Caltrop's Arrow/Lightning Arrow/Escapist... still not enough? ;d

But ofc... DI+horn on barb and you are dead anyway.
RIP Warlock Class o/

And I agree with Adrian... "barbarian MUST reach the ranged player"... but this won't happen... barb hits too hard and knight is too tanky :P

Last edited by Adrian; 04-28-2015 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Removed off topic
Sentan no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-28-2015, 08:02 AM   #209
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
PS2. After reading the corresponding spanish thread, I found a post of Adrian stating that "barbarian MUST reach the ranged player".
Well, this is the problem then. Could we get explanation why is this necessary?
What makes barbarian so special?

In other words, why should knight not reach the ranged player then? I know it's stupid question, because knights should not be able reach ranged classes, but untill now it was the same for barbarians.
Just look on overal stats of, let's say Barbarian, Knight and Warlock with these changes.

Barb - Outstanding damage. Awesome speed. Mediocre defense.
Knight - Mediocre damage. Lowest speed. Awesome defense.
Warlock - Mediocre damage. Low speed. No defense.

It's very simplifyied comparison I know, and there are many things missing, but I'm sure most people will agree with this. And I'm sure this is not how balance should work.

Anyway, I fail to understand why there are spell changes in RNG update, and more than that, why there are spell changes in spells which were fine (PB, Spring) and noone was asking for that(apart bugs). Kinda dissapointing :/
Old 04-28-2015, 08:13 AM   #210
Sentan
Master

Quote:
PS2. After reading the corresponding spanish thread, I found a post of Adrian stating that "barbarian MUST reach the ranged player".
They reduced the amount of resists and atm random resist is the only chance for barb to catch and kill ranged class. :P I think in this way, they want to give something to barbarians. But I don't understand why in this case, knight got nothing (except PB nerf >.>). Yeah 20% block chance is cool but still you are slow :P Maybe modify def stance and off stance... -5% mov speed for def and +5% for off. It would be a good compromise. ^^
Closed Thread