General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 08:20 AM   #211
mind-trick
Apprentice

mind-trick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
Well, this is the problem then. Could we get explanation why is this necessary?
What makes barbarian so special?

In other words, why should knight not reach the ranged player then?
because warriors, barbs, are an offensive class? amun isnt final yet.
i know playing warlock gives frustration but damn, these changes are good for locks. less resists right? you shouldnt whine about locks in this thread, do it in other threads
mind-trick no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-28-2015, 08:21 AM   #212
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawZ View Post
PS2. After reading the corresponding spanish thread, I found a post of Adrian stating that "barbarian MUST reach the ranged player". I don't fully agree on this, but let's assume that it is legit. Why he has to come with -60% ranged, while archer will have an additional malus dmg from buffing evasive tactics? And what will be happening on close combat conditions like fort wars? Plus, what with the survivability that increases on barbarian escaping (flee) mode, cause of remark (3)? Anyway, my point is that (3) must be removed. Spring should be a burst MS buff with limited (even less than 8.33 % MS) impact on the longterm or vice versa. Anything else added on it (like spell resistance, -ranged receive damage, or whatever else) just makes it unbalanced.
Do you have the whole context of this statement? Did adrian refer to 1v1 situations or RvR? because i don't see how barbs have any trouble reaching their target with proper support (like it should be ?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
And I agree with Adrian... "barbarian MUST reach the ranged player"... but this won't happen... barb hits too hard and knight is too tanky :P
About knights being too tanky, in my opinion the problem is not how tanky knights are, but how easy they can be tanky. In other words the current def stance design is the problem.
This is why we have so many heroes dancing in front of their zerg feeling pro about tanking archer hits.

I think giving def stance a duration could fix this. By this i mean it should still be activable like it is now, so whenever a knight casts def stance he can still deactivate it himself. But it should also deactive itself after a certain period of time. This way a well timed confuse/darkness/dizzy/knock can keep the knight out of def stance.
Hayir no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-28-2015, 08:46 AM   #213
LawZ
Initiate

LawZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
Do you have the whole context of this statement? Did adrian refer to 1v1 situations or RvR? because i don't see how barbs have any trouble reaching their target with proper support (like it should be ?).
Post is here. If, by any chance, I am wrong with the translation please all of you (including Adrian) accept my apologies.

Quote:
About knights being too tanky, in my opinion the problem is not how tanky knights are, but how easy they can be tanky. In other words the current def stance design is the problem.
This is why we have so many heroes dancing in front of their zerg feeling pro about tanking archer hits.

I think giving def stance a duration could fix this. By this i mean it should still be activable like it is now, so whenever a knight casts def stance he can still deactivate it himself. But it should also deactive itself after a certain period of time. This way a well timed confuse/darkness/dizzy/knock can keep the knight out of def stance.
Give def stance a steady mana consumption (in mana points per second) and you ll see how all these champions will disappear from being in front of fort zerg.

Best,
Old 04-28-2015, 08:50 AM   #214
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Give def stance a steady mana consumption (in mana points per second) and you ll see how all these champions will disappear from being in front of fort zerg.

Best,
That would be too much with all the mana drain around.
Hayir no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-28-2015, 02:31 PM   #215
Candyx
Initiate

Candyx is on a distinguished road

You realise a bunch of you said stop playing with spells in the RNG update, and are now discussing changes to spells in the RNG update thread right?
Old 04-28-2015, 03:37 PM   #216
LawZ
Initiate

LawZ is on a distinguished road

For some weird reason it seems that all items I wear on AMUN (armor & arrows & bows' second crit stat) got back the HC stat. It doesn't happen on new boxed items though.

Please confirm (?)

Best,
Old 04-28-2015, 05:36 PM   #217
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
For some weird reason it seems that all items I wear on AMUN (armor & arrows & bows' second crit stat) got back the HC stat. It doesn't happen on new boxed items though.

Please confirm (?)

Best,
Items are brought from official servers as characters are being copied. We will do something to convert them soon. For now we're focused on the system.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:51 PM   #218
Ludwig Von Mises
Banned

Ludwig Von Mises is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyx View Post
No matter how annoying or rage inducing regnum is, this post will forever make me smile. Illogical nonsense, but thanks for posting anyway... Going to enjoy this one for a while!
Your issues keep getting more and more apparent as you respond with no logic.

All you say is its illogical with nothing to back it up. Really? Thats nonsense.

I know you like to troll but do you have to make it so apparent?
Ludwig Von Mises no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-28-2015, 10:00 PM   #219
Ludwig Von Mises
Banned

Ludwig Von Mises is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This is like saying: This is why we have archer heroes hitting knights from long range without being teached. Get the picture?

Tanking? Isn't that the point of knights? You act like the knight will last too long getting hit by those boss jeweled archers. A marks would shred a knight to pieces with their atharul arrows. A hunter will kill a knight with break apart and buffing damage spells.

Knights are able to take more hits and last longer then most other classes but they are supposed to, and they will die one on one, but at the same time, they don't have the damage or the speed of barbs, the range or the speed of archers, the range or the spamming spell and overpowering effect of mages. And if knights are dancing too long in the front lines its most likely because they have a conjur on their back, or are using cover.

I think this whole changing spells thing is getting a little out of hand. My opinion.

Last edited by Ludwig Von Mises; 04-30-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Ludwig Von Mises no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-28-2015, 10:12 PM   #220
mind-trick
Apprentice

mind-trick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig Von Mises View Post
This is like saying: This is why we have archer heroes hitting knights from long range without being teached. Get the picture?

Tanking? Isn't that the point of knights? You act like the knight will last too long getting hit by those boss jeweled archers. A marks would shred a knight to pieces with their atharul arrows. A hunter will kill a knight with break apart and buffing damage spells.

Knights can last for a while which they are supposed to but they will die one on one. And if knights are dancing too long in the front lines is most likely because they have a conjur on their back, or are using cover.

I think this whole changing spells thing is getting a little out of hand. My opinion.
he is simply stating that its too easy to tank as knight. it should take some effort from the knight and still be as effective as its always been.
playing any class should take some effort imo and i fail to understand that resist should be a part of that. it is told that resists are needed to let players make different approaches with spell chains. well it doesnt have to be that way therefore its not a valid reason. just think of new ways to create different spell choices.
anyway good job reducing amount of fucking resists, thats good enough for now. when will it go to live servers?

Last edited by mind-trick; 04-28-2015 at 10:34 PM.
mind-trick no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread