Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 05-26-2016, 05:05 AM   #21
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elva Hunter View Post

You, from the high of your small mind think that everything called "international" mean english? you dumb.....

The Ra is a spanish speaker's server, and no matter if it is international, yet, the main language is Spanish, so.....just respect it.

By the way, i am not giving my position in favor or against the merge, because i still did not gave my official position about it, i just came here to point what was said above because it was too much non sense and i could not just "watch" while someone destroy the meaning of the word "International".
He said 'more likely english' and from what I've seen on ra spanish and english are the only languages that are used.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:33 AM   #22
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
aahaha ajajaj oh my god! The Ego of North Americans seems to have no end.... ^^"

"International" also can mean "north korean", "Russian", "Iranian", "Chinese" after all...It's a International server.

You, from the high of your small mind think that everything called "international" mean english? you dumb.....

The Ra is a spanish speaker's server, and no matter if it is international, yet, the main language is Spanish, so.....just respect it.

By the way, i am not giving my position in favor or against the merge, because i still did not gave my official position about it, i just came here to point what was said above because it was too much non sense and i could not just "watch" while someone destroy the meaning of the word "International".

Kind Regards,

Elva Hunter - Elite of Syrtis

Thanks for the compliment, that you see my english as good as the one of a native speaker . Wish I could say the same about you.

Looks like your ego has no end, since you look down so much on north americans in a discussion that has nothing to do with them, at all. Anyway...I am not north american.

I don't know under which rock you live, but for your information, the english language is in quite a different position than "north korean", "Russian", "Iranian", "Chinese" or any other language. I am obviously talking about a political position.

Once again I am not a native speaker, I learned it as a second language in school like the majority of people.

I can't believe that you haven't realized that most shit on the internet is in english and yet we are not all from NA.

Edit: Oh wait, let's see if i also have some retarded statement in elva quality. I see you are from brazil. Someone form a third world country like you should please not talk about others like that at all. You guys only had one thing going for you, Football and even that they took away from you.

Last edited by Hayir; 05-26-2016 at 05:51 AM.
Hayir no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:57 AM   #23
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"International" also can mean "north korean", "Russian", "Iranian", "Chinese" after all...It's a International server.
Lol, Elva, you didn't listen the teacher on geography in school very well, did you? North Korean, omygod. Do you know how many % of North Koreans have a pc and a not censored connection?

You forgot Antarctica btw.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:14 AM   #24
UlrenAsir
Master

UlrenAsir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
Lol, Elva, you didn't listen the teacher on geography in school very well, did you? North Korean, omygod. Do you know how many % of North Koreans have a pc and a not censored connection?

You forgot Antarctica btw.
The meaning of "international" doesn't change only because North Korean have few people with pc and censored connection :| i hope that was joke.
look the meaning in a dictionary
Old 05-26-2016, 07:20 AM   #25
Vadhir
Banned

Vadhir is on a distinguished road

And this is when NGD says "Ok, they already changed the main topic of the thread, let´s just close it and do like we didn´t see anything."
Vadhir no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:20 AM   #26
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlrenAsir View Post
The meaning of "international" doesn't change only because North Korean have few people with pc and censored connection :| i hope that was joke.
look the meaning in a dictionary
Nope, you maybe misunderstood me.
I was just pointing out the fact, that there is no reason to speak about North Koreans in gaming industry, especially mmos. Using North Koreans as a example in this case is just flawed logic, it surely wasn't my intention to insult anyone.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:36 AM   #27
UlrenAsir
Master

UlrenAsir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
Nope, you maybe misunderstood me.
I was just pointing out the fact, that there is no reason to speak about North Koreans in gaming industry, especially mmos. Using North Koreans as a example in this case is just flawed logic, it surely wasn't my intention to insult anyone.
Oh i see! :S don't worry, sorry!
Old 05-26-2016, 07:47 AM   #28
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

I think you mostly missunderstood me as well.

My original post was never stated as a fact. I asked a question on RA and told you how they reacted. It is not that far fetched to assume english as the main international language in the western gaming industry.

While the game launcher says RA (spanish), Haven (english), the website still says international for both but Valhalla (germany)
Shouldn't Valhalla just be international as well then. Seems a bit inconsistent to me.

Also this is not off topic, the opinion of the spanish speaking players about english speakng is quite important when it comes to the merge topic. Since NGD most likely will listen to them and not us. And from what i can tell not all are too fond about it. Ofc they are also many friendly and welcoming players who don't mind at all. I don't really know which is the majority though.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:29 AM   #29
Gnupis
Pledge

Gnupis is an unknown quantity at this point

Personal feelings aside, Elva has a point here. Ra does not host players only from Argentina or Spain but from the whole South America and Latin countries in general. It is an international Spanish speaking server and Spanish is a well spread language, even if English is more dominant.
Let me add that South American people pretty often refuse to learn English consciously, for political reasons. To many, North America is considered responsible for the hunger and poverty of the South and thus, learning English is considered as granting influence to the US. I'm not discussing the sanity of this, its just the current situation.
Since we all want to move to Ra I don't think we should take for granted English must be facilitated or made into the main language because that is impossible anyway. Regnum is an Argentinian game and the vast majority of the community is spanish speaking. The English speaking community is too small and that's the end of it, we can always make English speaking clans, friends and parties with no problem. Or learn some Spanish along the way, ffs.
Gnupis no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:02 AM   #30
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
Well I feel like they want it to be a spanish server only.

During the trivia the helpers did the questions only in spanish. When I asked why only spanish, all I got was sarcastic "polish?" "german?" etc. Even though the website clearly states RA (international), international does not mean spanish as far as I am concerned but more likely english. Don't think the helper even speaks english at all. Shouldn't be too hard to ask those questions in english as well.

R.I.P. Haven.
Confirmed.

As for international, I think that merely describes the regions from where players can access it. Ra/Haven can be accessed by Asia/America/Europe. Valhalla is for Germany and Nemon _was_ for France.
Loque no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote