Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 09-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #21
octopus
Master

octopus is on a distinguished road

I hate the update completely. The two characters I play most are my marksman and my conjurer, both level 50. Marksman now is so static, it is just plain boring. Movement is what made Regnum fun, but now I'm afraid to even twitch, or be penalized with a canceled spell or get another 3 second delay before I can shoot again. My support conjurer is far harder to play now (as if we didn't already have too few conjurers playing support). Static play, canceled heal spells, constantly trying to stay out of combat mode, etc.

Actions speak louder than words. In the last week, including a 4-day weekend, I have been logged into Regnum a total of about 30 minutes. This is because of the simple fact that Regnum is no longer enjoyable to play.

-octopus
octopus no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:21 PM   #22
Malik2
Initiate

Malik2 is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with octopus. I was having a blast on my marksman until the update then everything came to a screeching halt. I grinded a barb to lvl 50 having to rest after every 4th or 5th mob and I'll be damned if I'll do that again. So until that character can get some fluidity again I'll but him firmly onto the back burner.

The barb is ok. Though I am still experiencing quite a bit of position lag.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:02 AM   #23
nedax
Master

nedax is on a distinguished road

Me, i am a bb
Old 09-30-2009, 12:09 AM   #24
Pizdzius
Baron

Pizdzius has a spectacular aura aboutPizdzius has a spectacular aura aboutPizdzius has a spectacular aura about

I actually managed to grind a bit on my hunter and not die instantly
(if you wish to contact me on my other realm character: Ignis - Josephine)

Pizdzius no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:59 AM   #25
Arafails
Baron

Arafails will become famous soon enough

There are parts I like, and parts I don't like. The massive pause before this first hit annoys the hell out of me. The changes to hit calculation and spell casting (ie it starting on the client and being validated later) I like. The rest, I'm kind of ambivalent about – although I'm leaning towards disliking the changes to base damage and berserk effect to barbarians. Now instead of being at a slight disadvantage using berserk (honestly, it was comparatively slight), we're now at a massive distadvantage to not use it, and this disrupts our ability to use instance casts, which.... Well Znurre explained it perfectly with a video.

Although I think the proof is in that I'm far more likely to yell at my computer and log off, and go play FPSes until the red rage dies down a bit, than I was before this update. I'm really hoping that the tech update is going to be worth it, because frankly I love the RO community, though I may not hold my breath.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:45 AM   #26
Angelwinged_Devil
Banned

Angelwinged_Devil is on a distinguished road

I like it on my barb, lock is good too, I can agree with the support conjurers it sucks too, but so does it on my lock sometimes, moving to cancel a spell really sucks, I want to hold down a button before I should cancel spellcasting by moving, same with attacking
Angelwinged_Devil no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:03 AM   #27
Nils_Dacke
Initiate

Nils_Dacke is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
I hate the update completely. The two characters I play most are my marksman and my conjurer, both level 50. Marksman now is so static, it is just plain boring. Movement is what made Regnum fun, but now I'm afraid to even twitch, or be penalized with a canceled spell or get another 3 second delay before I can shoot again. My support conjurer is far harder to play now (as if we didn't already have too few conjurers playing support). Static play, canceled heal spells, constantly trying to stay out of combat mode, etc.

Actions speak louder than words. In the last week, including a 4-day weekend, I have been logged into Regnum a total of about 30 minutes. This is because of the simple fact that Regnum is no longer enjoyable to play.

-octopus
I only have this marksman (at 50 that is) so I've basically stopped playing RO too. Now I only check in on the forums, with decreasing frequency, to see if there has been any change for the better. (fat chance, eh?)

It was getting increasingly bad (during the last six months or so) even before 1.0.8, but now all I feel when trying to find something useful to do in a fight, is frustration. Needless to say, that is not something I'm willing to neither pay a penny for, nor spend time on. There are plenty of other pastimes to pick from.

Nils is parked, unskilled, at Hop. (Last time I logged in I only realised I needed a serious reskill; just couldn't think of any setup that might work.) I hate grinding intensely, so me dragging another class to 50 simply won't happen.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #28
Recoil
Master

Recoil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlXII View Post
just couldn't think of any setup that might work
I know the feeling man. Talk to Enio, I think he found (sorta) working marks setup.
Recoil no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #29
_dracus_
Count

_dracus_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumi_Alsius View Post
I know the feeling man. Talk to Enio, I think he found (sorta) working marks setup.
The problem isn't working a setup out, really I still find marksman an easy class, but it's just plain boring, for me now.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #30
Gawyn_Trakkand
Banned

Gawyn_Trakkand is on a distinguished road

War on my knight is awesome
Grinding my Marks is awesome

i love this update it has much improved the game for me ^^
Gawyn_Trakkand no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote