Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 11-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #21
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunie View Post
Add to this const resist to knock and stun, which was already working when testing Knight auras with Frosk on Amun.
Could you explain how you tested? Const having an effect-resist modifier has always been rumoured but never been verified and i strongly doubt its existance. I shouldve noticed this in 3y of playing too if thats nothing new and really exists.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #22
_Nel_
Master

_Nel_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Enio_ View Post
Could you explain how you tested? Const having an effect-resist modifier has always been rumoured but never been verified and i strongly doubt its existance. I shouldve noticed this in 3y of playing too if thats nothing new and really exists.
If that was done with his char lvl 500, I have doubts about the pertinence of this test. ^^

Old 11-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #23
Latan
Master

Latan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunie View Post
Add to this const resist to knock and stun, which was already working when testing Knight auras with Frosk on Amun.
i don't know if some stats like const or int help to increase the resisting rate of players (to every spell) because spell focus/spell resistance is hidden after years of requests by the users, but in 4+ years of gameplay i've never seen a single knock/stun resisted by const that should be showed like the "unstoppable madness problem" (success in the log, but it doesn't work in the gameplay)

i hardly doubt that const rises only the spell resistance against some kind of spells because the first "checks" the server does in the game are:
1) are you allowed to cast a spell? yes/no because of mana/dizzy/confuse/darkness and so on
2) is the target vulnerable to that spell? yes/no: check on divine intervention/sanctuary/freeze and so on
3) if both the layers are positive, the server checks the spell focus vs spell resistance to see if the spell lands or is resisted
4)if the spell lands, the server checks if the defender has some additional defenses like armor reduction/damage resistance/powers resistance (like UM or something lik defensive support) and calculates the effects: damages and secondary effects like CC's

you are supposing that in the point #4 constitution is taken in consideration to see if the stun/knock effect is ignored even if the spell lands, but i have to repeat that in years of active gameplay and tests i've never seen once a similar scenario

it should be hardly possible that some stats can help to resist spells (in point #3 obviously) but the spells should result to de resistend in the log, but it can't be properly tested untill NGD keep the spell focus/spell resistance layers hidden for no reason
Latan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #24
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nel_ View Post
If that was done with his char lvl 500, I have doubts about the pertinence of this test. ^^

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3...1110216130.jpg
Ah explains. Noticed that on gm/dev chars earlier, they seem to have some passive UM/def support-like cc resist, like lvl4 guards - its not because of the const. Someone would have noticed that in normal fights otherwise, as its quite obvious when its success in log and no effect on you.