LittleHomer
Initiate

LittleHomer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri_Ronso View Post
Added to the end of the OP

-Official Roadmap for 2016 By NGD

---------------------------------------------

-So we will be able to get to lv30 fast(er) and then we will get some kind of stat and / or item boost that will make us more competitive in war...
This sounds nice and all, but only the time will tell whether it will work out good enough in the world of powerful WM jewells and legendary armours.
My guess is that it won't, we will see .

-Redistribution of the creatures includes the raising of their numbers and spawn time as well?
Because I think I'm speaking for everyone when I say that we do not wanna run around for mobs for hours to be able to grind .
Also, what about removing mobs ability to evade and resist? Is it too complicated to achieve?
Would make grinding less frustrating.

-Rework realm task table and try to make it a little more user-friendly
-Display players "saved at" location on the map
-Solve mount issue for lower level
-Raise drop rate of useful items

What about these above? Not one word was mentioned about them, although these issues shouldn't be left out of the plans of the character progression IMO.
I like your statement ... Have to add something:

Quote:
- Distinguish a main quest line which will allow to get to level 30 in an easy and fast way to be able to get involved in Regnum's iconic gameplay as soon as possible.
Isn't it possible to reach level 30 pretty fast? What about these irritating levels after 30? I'm thinking of level 40 up to 60. They consist of stupid mob farming without an end ...
Old 02-05-2016, 11:56 AM   #22
kowocki
Initiate

kowocki is on a distinguished road

At the moment questing is $^%$^

In case of Alsius there are 34 quests in the initiation zone (4-5 are good rest are just discouraging for further playing the game); 95 quests+ 70 pendant holder quest line for lvl 11-39 (about 25 of them are nice, rewarding, some even funny/enjoyable) and 4 badass cool quests lvl 40-43.

This system worked maybe in 2009-2011 before war masters update when the chasm between lvl 30-35 and final 50 was not so big. As mentioned many times before-> new lvl gap, armours, legendary items and jewellery make players below lvl 40 helpless at any conflict zone.

NGDs mistake was focusing on champions update instead of adopting lvling system to the new lvl gap.

It must be fixed if they want to do RO grow not die, otherwise any other updates like dungeons, new isntances are meaningless and wont improve their income and game population. (just waste their time and resources frustrating both devs and player base)

For me always the easiest solution was to do lvl 50 a 1 000 000 exp. Why? it will cut 2/3 of exp required at the moment and make ppl stick to the game.
They wont lost any income from scrolls etc. in fact their income should boost as better players retention will affect their sales: mounts, exp scrolls lucky boxes. Warmaster quest and good armour/weapons we have at lvl 50 allow player to choose what he wants. Lvl 50 can do war zone boss with the team and can drop, can do war with war master quests and war realm tasks encouraging it. And when got tired of doing war then he can "relax" by mindless mob farming (and buy exp/loot scrolls to to relieve their suffering).

Short version:

1) do lvl 50 require 1 000 000 exp.

2) modify basic quest line to rocket player to lvl 40 fast

3) get rid of pendant holders quest line or modify it to max 15-20 quests

4) add new war tasks for lvl 45-50+ like help capture enemy realm wall, help unlock enemy gem'

5) and gold reward for "kill x enemies from y realm"
Old 02-05-2016, 11:56 AM   #23
godismyjudge
Initiate

godismyjudge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHomer View Post

Isn't it possible to reach level 30 pretty fast? What about these irritating levels after 30? I'm thinking of level 40 up to 60. They consist of stupid mob farming without an end ...
Reaching level 30 is actually slow, it takes about 2-3 days, if you give it some time, but not too much (say 8 hours a day). And that by just questing and killing some random mob now and then when there is no quest available. Taking realm tasks help too (only Ignis has really badly rewarding letter deliveries with way too long delivery times, other realms have it way better). 'Only 3 days?'. No, that is too much time, considering it is boring and annoying (going to city and back 10 times in a row, killing some mobs and then you get task to kill them again for some other NPC, also many times you spend killing easy or unchallenging mobs for a quests, just because some gave you lot of exp and you leveled a bit faster). And this boredom is what makes it hard for players to spend 3 days making hard to reach it... and even more harder when they don't know what to expect later.

And the mount issue. It is for 7 days, you can get to about level 40 by that time, but for people who don't 8 hours a day playing, it may expire too soon. And doing all those quests after you have no mount is even more annoying, because it's just about spending 10 minutes walking to one city, clicking on one NPC (and maybe killing few mobs) and walking 10 minutes back. Then you get another quests who makes you go to the city again and you already feel that rage. And you really won't make all low level players to buy a horse when they don't know if the game is worth it.

If giving gold-rentable horse back is too big problem, I can suggest this: at the start, you give player 7 day mount. The mount doesn't disappear after 7 days, but it gets deactivated, you can no longer use it .... until you either take a new quest, or advance in a current quest (say killing a mob, talking to NPC, ...). After this the mount activates again for next 10-20 minutes. After this period, it deactivates again until you advance the quest or take another one again. This time period should be long enough, so that player can actually make it somewhere with it and at the same time short enough, so that it is not worth walking from central save to closest city, take a random quest to get a working mount and then use it in war and canceling the quest. This should apply to taking a warmaster quests too, but it's progression (killing a player) should not count to prolonging the time, so it can't be used for war. Realm tasks should also not count to this.

Also ... the immobilize effect after dismounting should make its way back, and also make it for mounting. It is really sad how premium users can mount and chase you on a horse, just because they failed to use their spells properly or don't play a class who can't catch yours. And not only premium users. Say a warlock chases a barbarian or a knight ... he attack you with a spell. You are now in 'combat state' and you cannot use your mount to run away, but because warlock (or any other class) only casted a spell and did not use normal hit, they can still mount again to chase you, but you can't. That is very unfair and the immobilize effect would make these mount chasers think twice if they should mount. 5 seconds would be ok. Also penalize more the forced dismount by other players. Currently it is in some cases better if player hits you on a horse than dismounting manualy .. you are knocked for 2 seconds instead of having to wait 5 or 6 so that you can attack. Just make the knock down last longer, or at least make it so that a crowd control spell have actual effect on a guy you dismount. Currently the dismount has priority over the spell (so eg you can't be make dizzy if on a horse, because you get knocked down first, then dizzy is not applied because you are knocked).
godismyjudge no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:58 AM   #24
hellscraem
Initiate

hellscraem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHomer View Post

yes lvl 30 is easy to get to its the lvls after 30 that need to be worked on you can pretty much quest to lvl 30 as it as with little grind so instead of making it easier to get to lvl 30 whish it already is work on 30+ where the fun really starts

ignis - chaos hellscream , Grom hellscraem , Hellscraem - Ra
hellscraem no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:09 PM   #25
Kimahri_Ronso
Baron

Kimahri_Ronso is on a distinguished road

Please try to fix the quest bug too, if you take a realm task first, you can take only 4 other quests, if you take 5 quests you are still able to take a realm task as 6th.

Also, if you're able to, you can raise the take-able quests as well, don't know why we can take only 5 quests at once. If its cuz of the small UI for quests on the right, then I think it won't come, but please at least try it .

PS: Added to OP

Character Progression:
Raise the take-able quest number
Old 02-17-2016, 05:34 PM   #26
Kimahri_Ronso
Baron

Quote:
Gameplay - Realm Balance
- Added: Vigilant Spirit. Players between level 30 and 49 will be boosted in their stats if they enter the War Zone. They will have similar stats than a level 50 player in order to make them more effective and ready for war.

If below these attributes, Vigilant Spirit will raise them to:

Barbarian: 4000 Health. 1200 Mana.

Knight: 4250 Health. 1250 Mana.

Hunter: 3200 Health. 1100 Mana.

Marksman: 3000 Health. 1350 Mana.

Warlock: 2750 Health. 1500 Mana.

Conjurer: 2750 Health. 1500 Mana.

Additionaly, will add +1 Main Class attribute per each level remaining to 50.
Do you plan to add armour bonus to Vigilant spirit or to provide characters between level 30-49 an armour set that is more equal to level 50 armour when it comes to stats or you do not plan to touch it any more?
They may have "similar" HP and mana with the current version of it, but they still are as fragile as a level 30 without any armour boost. For me it seems a half-done "try".

Also, it would be good to know what exactly Vigilant spirit boosts in-game, some kind of visual information in the buffs' description.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:33 PM   #27
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Do you plan to add armour bonus to Vigilant spirit or to provide characters between level 30-49 an armour set that is more equal to level 50 armour when it comes to stats or you do not plan to touch it any more?
They may have "similar" HP and mana with the current version of it, but they still are as fragile as a level 30 without any armour boost. For me it seems a half-done "try".

Also, it would be good to know what exactly Vigilant spirit boosts in-game, some kind of visual information in the buffs' description.
It was in the original idea, but it needs a lot of work on how it could be granted. An enormous amount of testing, because it could backfire and made them too powerful in some situations. Armor works in mysterious ways.

Half-done, no. It is something developers learn after some time: give things slowly. It's better to raise than to lower.

In the Changelog there is information about what Vigilant Spirit does. Showing it in game would require a new kind of interface (as the current one doesn't support this dynamic values) and that's not on our priority list, for now.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #28
Kimahri_Ronso
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
It was in the original idea, but it needs a lot of work on how it could be granted. An enormous amount of testing, because it could backfire and made them too powerful in some situations. Armor works in mysterious ways.

Half-done, no. It is something developers learn after some time: give things slowly. It's better to raise than to lower.

In the Changelog there is information about what Vigilant Spirit does. Showing it in game would require a new kind of interface (as the current one doesn't support this dynamic values) and that's not on our priority list, for now.
I understand it.
I understand that armor works in mysterious ways and adding armour bonus to Vigilant spirit needs major tests, BUT, do you think making it go live only with the added HP and mana bonus is enough?

I do not.
One more hit for a barb, two for a marks, and three for a hunter, that is what a level 30 means for a level 50+. That is what I meant by "half-done". The current version of Vigilant spirit ,sorry but I have to say it, it's useless.

Anyways, we're pretty far from the 29th, so the only thing I don't understand is the hurry .
Old 02-19-2016, 03:48 PM   #29
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It also adds main-class attribute. To a level 30, it adds +20. That's not "nothing".

begin rant;

I see it as a step ahead. All of ... [CENSORED]

end rant;

There is more to be done, unfinished objectives of that date range. Just read the Roadmap and you'll understand.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:23 PM   #30
Kimahri_Ronso
Baron

A step ahead, +100000000000000000000, no argument there .

Don't take it as an offence man, I do NOT wanna stress you .

But what does +20 INT/DEX/STR means if you die within 20 sec because you have so damn low armour points?
Right, "nothing".

What is about to come is the future, what we have now, LIVE, is a useless Vigilant spirit. All I wanted to point out .
There was no need to make it go live without farther testing and before the deadline.

I <3 ya Adrian, so sorry for being harsh .
If I was at all.