General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 03-26-2015, 06:02 PM   #21
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc View Post
Then again, I don't what fun it is for goats lately. Take empty forts and sit there for 30 minutes? Good times?
I remember old, night invasions (after wm patch). So much fun, good times. everyone has their ups and downs
Old 03-28-2015, 05:22 PM   #22
Barreln
Pledge

Barreln is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
Why do we even speak about wishing? What's the problem with wishing every day, or when only one realm is wishing, or if one realm is wishing twice a day?
How it hurts the game, or me, that some idkwhos in other country will get 12k wmc,30% XP more, or some more useless drops?
I would understand limiting invasions on empty realms, it can frustrate some players, especially grinding newbs getting ganked by some high heroes, but this isnt what you asked for, is it?

And, actually that, restriction of invading, in a form of relic lock we had before. And most players didn't like it. People should think twice, what they want.
Yes, that.
After implementing relic lock, a lot started to complaining that it kills war.
Now when there is again such a thing like gems lock or anything else,
then soon some will cry and complain again, that it kills war.

Somehow pretty stupid, when some forget about it, thats it now again the same situation as before, that at all 3 Servers is one and allways the same Realm what get the wishes all time, because they invade at low population times and have not really any resistance.

I still laugh about that majority from all realms after they all said, that removing the relic lock was sooo great. Now you got it and your "fun", but only for one realm.

Maybe some start first asking herself before they cry, that any lock will kill war, what will kill it more, a lock for certain mechanics or leaving players over time from the other 2 realms.

Now it is, like it is.
Barreln no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:23 PM   #23
Telwe
Initiate

Telwe is on a distinguished road

I would like to categorically state that I never supported the removal of relic lock.
Telwe no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:14 PM   #24
crownapollo
Pledge

crownapollo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivramartono View Post
Restricting a game feature is never really the right solution. What you can do is create a fair and balanced game.
I'm not sure what they can do about realm imbalance, or multirealming for that matter that would be considered fair or balanced. I can remember logging in nights here during the relic lock and the only thing to do was afk or grind an alt- no war, basically no one hunting. It restricted the times players could play in an international game, where everyone could be logging from a different time zone and time of day. Relic lock wasn't a solution then and it isn't now. It won't stop zerging, it won't bring more players to one realm unless other players want to move to the lower populated realm out of sympathy or some sense of keeping the game going. I'm afraid after multirealming was allowed, and the attitude sunk in to a lot of players, it's going to take something drastic from NGD to restrict players to one realm.
crownapollo no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:56 PM   #25
Kopstoot
Apprentice

Kopstoot is on a distinguished road

Main problem we are facing is just numbers determine the win. Inconsistent realm number balance is just casual, i guess it cant be prevented :P
Kopstoot no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:36 PM   #26
Barreln
Pledge

Barreln is on a distinguished road

So, Valhalla has the gem lock during the lower populated times,
Haven cant ?
Barreln no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:06 AM   #27
SaraC
Pledge

SaraC is on a distinguished road
Default Realm Population

The only true way to fix the overpopulation of realms is to limit new members and put a cap on new players in over-populated realms. The bottom line is that NGD could just take a look at every other MMORPG and just adjust their current, antiquated thinking to adopt a true balancing system. Otherwise, it will continue to have an over-populated realm for months on end (though Alsius is trying for a new record on months spent on top with this current push). Giving a realm 15% xp if you join it is pointless if you are still outnumbered 15 to one for months on end.

Again: NGD would have to pull their heads out of their consolidated 4th point of contacts (Army reference, sorry) for it to matter, and as we have seen so far, they have no will, and/or intelligence to do so.

So, in the meantime, just play and try to have as much fun as you can with the limited gameplay offered by thick-thinkers.
SaraC no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:53 AM   #28
Llayne
Initiate

Llayne is on a distinguished road

There was a time that when an invasion started guards were spawned based on how outnumbered the defenders were. The big problem with that was the placement.

I think that spawning guards and guard captains would work pretty well if they were spawned inside by the flag. Even if you were heavily outnumbered the chaos a gc or two would create could open opportunities for the outnumbered realm.

It seems like a pretty simple solution to me.
Llayne no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:54 AM   #29
Dumberest
Master

Dumberest is on a distinguished road

Invasions are not important,the issue is the playing numbers online at all hours of the day.

its been mentioned in other threads by players how they consider haven to be dying again.i totally agree with this,the new players are just not there.the most common form of a new players is someone buying and old account and renaming it.

get more players and the problem gets fixed.market the game and update it so that it appeals to players from different time zones.this has all been said before and NGD just dont listen.the merge with nemon bought us some time but really the problems still exists and needs to be rectified fast before we lose haven forever.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:27 PM   #30
Ludwig Von Mises
Banned

Ludwig Von Mises is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc View Post
There was a time that when an invasion started guards were spawned based on how outnumbered the defenders were. The big problem with that was the placement.

I think that spawning guards and guard captains would work pretty well if they were spawned inside by the flag. Even if you were heavily outnumbered the chaos a gc or two would create could open opportunities for the outnumbered realm.

It seems like a pretty simple solution to me.
Now heres an idea. But lets see what NGD does.

I really feel bad for the around 4-9 people that have to defend the gate against a zerg of 30 plus when most people are off or have disbalanced the realm system intentionally to join the other much bigger realm zerg.
Ludwig Von Mises no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote