Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 08:57 AM   #21
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Question

Gear Option #2: Program a reasonable limit on the number of trades that anyone can execute on a daily basis (similar in principle to clan rank & clan chest restrictions)? Then, create xim scrolls that expand that trading capability: x2, x4, x8, x16? Make them plenty expensive? Thus, just like with taxation, the merchant gearwhore playaz' will have to pay-to-play, & NGD can make some much-needed ca$h from them doing so?....
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-03-2018, 09:51 AM   #22
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
Gear Option #2: Program a reasonable limit on the number of trades that anyone can execute on a daily basis (similar in principle to clan rank & clan chest restrictions)? Then, create xim scrolls that expand that trading capability: x2, x4, x8, x16? Make them plenty expensive? Thus, just like with taxation, the merchant gearwhore playaz' will have to pay-to-play, & NGD can make some much-needed ca$h from them doing so?....
The problem is not people from former-Haven trading "too much", but them trading at all. Certain items like dragon amulets are far more valuable on Ra, opening every door for real cash trade. I doubt NGD wants to support that
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-03-2018, 02:47 PM   #23
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachteana View Post
The problem is not people from former-Haven trading "too much", but them trading at all. Certain items like dragon amulets are far more valuable on Ra, opening every door for real cash trade. I doubt NGD wants to support that
I can dig it, but ask yourself why there are so many more amulets on Haven than Ra. Do you know? GameSamba reps were told that 'someone' (who won't be named in this post) spawned them or duped them, mostly in Syrtis. This is why dragon ammies can no longer be dropped. NGD wanted to freeze the existing inventory of such. The plan as I heard it was that this was a temporary measure only. The server database would be thoroughly searched out, those spawns/dupes would be identified, then confiscated, those responsible fully punished, & then after, the ammies would become a droppable item again. Sadly, for reasons unknown, none of the above (to my knowledge) was ever accomplished, & thus, we still cannot drop these items even now, & the spawns/dupes still exist as well, many years later. Should those who would trade responsibly be punished for wtf those others may do if trade stays unrestricted on fully open servers? I think not. It is what it is. Yet, I do wish for those who will abuse it to literally have to pay NGD thru the no$e for the privilege to do so, thus "Gear Option #2". It's not necessarily the best approach, just one possible idea. If there's a better, but still non-account-bound way, to do the thing up right, I'm all ears....

Old 10-03-2018, 03:28 PM   #24
erzsi
Pledge

erzsi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Just a quick question, would transfers be welcome if all the current items are bound to the account? Because that is what could happen if we allow them.

Anyway, we should first do the poll. We need to know what everyone thinks individually. We assigned a bit of time this month to make the in-game poll system.

Also, we have to think what we will do with inactive accounts.
I'm fine with that. I think everyone I've talked to in-game would be fine with that.
erzsi no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-03-2018, 04:09 PM   #25
Lebeau
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erzsi View Post
I'm fine with that. I think everyone I've talked to in-game would be fine with that.
Well, you didn't speak to me, & various others who feel likewise. We're not exactly fine with that. Here's why: we're in a semi-large clan (even if small server community) that routinely trades gears often, equipping new players to help them grind or war, when they are outgrown by those leveling & need to be re-stored or passed along to others in need, when better comes along & the replaced lesser is then gifted or sold for another to use. The direct method of trade is just simpler to use than going Mont to clan chest. Also, many folks have more than a single account in one realm, & this suggested account-bound method will make it impossible for them to exchange gears between their accounts, be it jewelry, or just a weapon that they often exchange between 2 sub-classes that both use that same weapon. /me crosses fingers, toes, arms, legs & eyes. C'mon peeps! Ideas? There has to be a better way....
Old 10-03-2018, 07:06 PM   #26
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

My personal opinion is that i prefer to play on RA rather than not play at empty Horus. I can stomach pretty anything in order to be possible to transfer. RA has pretty more nice economy and more players and in time we can gather items and trade if we want to.

If you weight the possibility to transfer against grinding again to 60 and getting all items from the beginning - what Adrian proposes is pretty good deal.

@Adrian - Please enable the transfers and put on site all restrictions and so on - in case you want to you need to agree to all this. Who really wants to will take a time to think of it and do it. Who do not want to well he can stay on Horus / Valhalla.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:34 PM   #27
Lebeau
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieti View Post
My personal opinion is that i prefer to play on RA rather than not play at empty Horus...
AH-UGA, if NGD were willing to try the open servers/no restrictions idea, & more ppl here really pushed for it in preference to "can stomach pretty (much) anything in order to be possible to transfer", then you (& they) could play all of your accounts on any & all of the servers. Maybe I'm just biased (or being particular) in some odd way tho; I did the work, already have a geared lvl60 warmaster lock on Ra, need no transfers, & could play it anytime I want in preference to my Haven toons (yet, except for very rare occasions, I don't)

/me shrugs, scratches head, & wanders off....
Old 10-04-2018, 06:40 AM   #28
alamar777
Apprentice

alamar777 is on a distinguished road

Adrian said it could happen not it would happen. I think it is a possibility that could happen if he transfer the characters.

I think there are no reasons to bound all items to the account.

So the question is: why could that happen or if Adrian really wants to bind all items to the account: what is the reason for this?

We should be very careful about this issue!
alamar777 no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-04-2018, 08:48 AM   #29
Valour
Master

Valour is on a distinguished road

I would like to be able to transfer my Haven chars over to Ra.

The exact details can be worked out after the poll Adrian suggested.

When NGD transferred chars from Ra to Horus once it worked well, and many of the community were happy with the ability to transfer.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:51 AM   #30
alamar777
Apprentice

alamar777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valour View Post
I would like to be able to transfer my Haven chars over to Ra.

The exact details can be worked out after the poll Adrian suggested.

When NGD transferred chars from Ra to Horus once it worked well, and many of the community were happy with the ability to transfer.
I don’t think that we are talking about Ra... there was a post of Adrian whee he points out that Ra is stable and there won’t be a transfer or something else ...
alamar777 no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread