SirHiss no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #22
Anpu
Count

Anpu will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacrulzrs2 View Post
I don't quite know where this unusual abundance of insomniacs came from :P
Johnny Depp is responsible for keeping them awake. Blame him!

Inquisition
Anpu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #23
Psynocide
Master

Psynocide is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunie View Post
I strongly disagree.

Tonight we had to hold Alga GC room for over 17 minutes from a superior force of greens, and each night tends to be similar, just that Alsius uses many things to their advantage and plays a bit smarter in small groups than other realms. We actually ended up defeated there, but two of us came back and suicided to keep GC alive for the last few minutes on the gate timer. Greens also almost killed us before we could finish noble, with us only surviving because of spamming Knight buffs (constant Ao1 for all).

Its just common tactics like:
- Using level four forts, letting door die and camping GC, focusing on keep it alive to buy time
- Switching to alts to guard multiple forts (fully allowed afaik...)
- Shock and awe effect - taking all forts at once and getting timer down before enemy has a chance to react properly
- Using Hunters to scout out noble before our group suicides on any campers, and developing proper tactics beforehand if there are campers.
- If you don't need noble, don't attack it, and those who don't need noble focus on protecting others and tanking all of the guards for the neccessary 30sec
- Knight spam (our favorite )
- Of course, only invading when enemies don't attack the fort, meaning they probably don't care to begin with

There is no numbers game going on... I don't see how you could say that after seeing my screenshot with a whole 5-6 people sitting in Samal (which was our entire force that night) just begging or someone to even attack it. It's a simple fact that 90% of the time, none of the forts that we take get attacked in the morning hours, and when they are attacked the defending realm actually tends to do fairly well, with the battle coming down to teamwork and luck. Rarely is it overkill.

I think that enemies have a tendancy to severely overestimate numbers just because they lost, as well as underestimate their own numbers. If a realm can kill a level 4 door within 30 seconds, they have enough to stop an invasion (and usually do). If they don't even try, then they obviously can't. Learn by example.

Anyway, this was not meant to be an antagonistic post, so I hope that it doesn't come off that way.

No no no.. That was a one off.
Half the time you've invaded I've been afk at the cs, only this time I was asked(kicked) to come.
Usually we have so few, we don't actually try as you stated previously in a post about how you usually have no opposition.
It's a count of players and motivation I should say rather.
Regardless, one instance does not refute my point that this was the case hundreds of times previously.
We only tried Algaros, we did not even know how many were at Eferias but I'm sure a few stayed behind to keep watch, it's the logical conclusion.
If you want to be meticulous and scrutinize over this instance, half of those in Syrtis who came where below level 45 - I counted about four 60s and several 50+ in your number.
Going by level add up, you outnumbered us - but who's to say without looking into the whole ordeal in too much depth than it warrants.

It was the same for Alsius as well during Ignis' high-time, I remember well as we tried to help you in that dire scenario.
Psynocide no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #24
blood-raven
Master

blood-raven is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Half the time you've invaded I've been afk at the cs, only this time I was asked(kicked) to come.
THIS^ is what i don't get, why you waist bandwidth on a game if you just stand afk at cs?
And it's not only you, i saw some others saying "yo, going afk at cs", half a day later "yo i'm back but i can't stay much longer".
What's is the bloody point?
Old 10-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #25
Psynocide
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood-raven View Post
What's is the bloody point?
Direct that question as to why we play.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #26
blood-raven
Master

Quote:
Direct that question as to why we play.
One plays to have fun for a while, perhaps forget his problems a bit.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #27
Psynocide
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood-raven View Post
One plays to have fun for a while, perhaps forget his problems a bit.
And perhaps if said problems require immediate attention yet are not so dire as to warrant dropping your current activity you _._._ .
Old 10-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #28
_Nel_
Master

_Nel_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunie View Post
I smell the same arrogance as Ignis in that post.
What a shame you've reached that stage. :/
Old 10-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #29
blood-raven
Master

Quote:
And perhaps if said problems require immediate attention yet are not so dire as to warrant dropping your current activity you _._._ .
Waist bandwidth on something you won't be doing in the next hour(s)?
Good idea.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #30
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

As I said before, a realm get invaded because of 2 main reasons.
1. Disorganised and poor communication.
2. They don't have sufficient resources to resist.

Optionally, there can be a lack of motivation.

In the old days, it was quite common for Ignis (with its organisation and communication) to hold Algaros for quite some time with any class configuration. Indeed I have been in situations there where 3 or even 5 of us hold off versus up to 11 players for up to 30 minutes .Keep in perspective Syrtis normally did not send full compliment of level 50s to take Algaros back. It normally has been and still continue to be a mix of levels.
With the beacons and new levels, it is not as easy. With the dulling of CC via beacons you would need DPS classes to have required effect. As such, the classes you have in a war group become ever more important in battles now. With Alsius having a good complement of warriors or classes which deliver heavy DPS, they will have an advantage versus say, mage heavy armies.
Old Ignis was quite good but relied heavily on CC and debuffs (via mages) to have an effect. Indeed it was a good equaliser vs other armies. These days, with that effect dulled, many players have to change over tactics. Ignis is still in this transition phase. Added to this, our organisation level is much less due to our demilitarisation of the Realm for over 1 year now.

So, basically times change personnel change, status quo changes. We were #1 in terms of invasions and 3 hours in 24 but seriously that was all. Now the rebuilding process continues. Population is not bad but organisation and communication will need work. New leadership needs to come through. Nothing to be concerned about really.
As for claims of self destruction or in fighting, that is far , far from reality. Ignis is more free spirited than ever before. Ignis is more friendly and less trollish now than in its entire history on this server. I know. I came in when Ignis was at its worst. It is nothing like that now. The reason we struggle is that we are so free spirited and allow players to experience 'their Regnum" their way without excessive abuse about it. No longer are players generally abused for not defending or grinding etc. Free spirit sometime lead to disorganisation. I think other realms can relate to this.
One unfortunate and eventually stupid thread (Elarinya one) does not mean a realm is self destructing or in civil war. Anybody who thinks that is a stranger to the truth. Players leave players come, this is natural in any MMO. Realms rise and fall. Also natural.

Funnily enough, I can't wait to see more posts which will "instruct" Ignis (Syrtis) how to improve and become a force again even though when we Igneans did so, often with good intent, it was often perceived by others that we were Elitist, know it all, arrogant pricks. I actually got a red Karma stating this but in much more colourful language and I consider myself someone who at least tries to be balanced. Maybe others will avoid this pitfall. Kitsunie seems to be falling prey to it though. Again I respectfully suggest to temper the 'tone' of the text. Else you will fall prey the the same thing that caused you distress the last time on the forums. If you don't care then you will reap the whirlwind. Just because something happened to you on the forums does not mean that you should become the same . Take high ground if you have the strength for it. It builds character.

Maybe we should just play the game and see how it all works out this time. I am still not distressed that Alsius got themselves together. Actually I am quite pleased. Ignis will make its comeback in due course too. No hurry.
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote