Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 11:25 PM   #21
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Hypothetically,

A server merge with Valhalla and Haven is not possible due to the geographical location of the users. German speaking users are all close to each other and their server is located very near to them. So, they cannot be moved anywhere else.
Hello
I'm from Poland (close to German enough) :P 100 km from Berlin and I play Haven since 2008 and my ping is pretty low. I've never had problems with ping. tbh nothing can be done with population on Haven. Merge German server with Haven is the best solution imo. Man, both servers are dead since 2 years... it's the only way to change that.

I'm sure that German players would prefer to play on populated server with +50/100 ping than on dead one with less ping. It's MMO game how can you keep so low populated servers live?

Last edited by Sentan; 02-07-2018 at 11:39 PM.
Sentan no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-07-2018, 11:42 PM   #22
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachteana View Post
lets not forget about those who are not fluent in English. You wont hear from them right now for these forums are English(Spanish)-exclusive. Making an EU-server would increase population a little and colloquial language would become English, yet people dont just stop talking in German. There will be German-only clans, German forum, German "subculture"... I am not so sure how well that can work out.
Probably comparable to Horus-Nemon-merge?

Then again, the EU is in urgent need of reforms, so I guess that is debatable.
So what... you can create German only clans on merged server... whats the problem? Horus server was like that... I've never seen such issue in other games. Well keep dying.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:07 AM   #23
Mythox
Pledge

Mythox is on a distinguished road

I think the worst problem is the language. I mean we dont life in 1900 we life in 2018, we have internet to translate. The main problem what we have not everyone is for a merge. I dont care if we merge with ra or Valhalla. I just want a merge for more action. I speak German and I speak english this should be enough to be intergrated on ra and Valhalla. We must just find a way what we want to do. Keeping haven alife makes no sense. Even If I do like to dropp often at Bosses. But I do prefer fun and action more then a 9th boss dmg ring. If we dont do somerhing together with Ngd and the community then is haven soon completly dead. The wars already just 10vs10vs10 if it is a good day. While on ra on dead times is it already 25vs 25vs25. All we need is to find a way together. Best way is to vote like ngd did once at christmas event. And after that we can sort out what to do.
Mythox no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-08-2018, 02:03 AM   #24
DracoValhalla
Pledge

DracoValhalla is on a distinguished road

So since i heard about it iwas realy interested in this Thread. So i was Testing a bit i play on val with a Ping of 20 avg 35, ra 100 avg 150. I mean its both fine to play, you can see a slightly difference between both servers in reactions especially about playing with much cast speed while moving. Or if players get teleported a few meters away after a stun @ra. But its ''Okay'' so about the Language. Why don't use chats like follow.

Warmaster (eng) (realm/wz)
Realm (eng) (realm/wz)
general (eng) (realm/wz)
Trade (nothing changed here)
(x)German

(x)-and creating a new on based from where you are connected ( if traceable like)
Eng, ger, french,esp (you will only see the chat from where you are connected as a Chat where you can ask and play in your Language (realm/wz chat?)

edit, +1for eu servers
Old 02-08-2018, 02:08 AM   #25
Yasar1
Pledge

Yasar1 is on a distinguished road

Wow, I really like how Adrian did answer this thread and how you really seem to be interestet in this issue. First of all, I wanna point out 2 or 3 years ago at christmas (like mythox said), there was a Christmas Tree on the middle island, where we could put in a wish and everybody could insert a new wish or vote for another if theirs werent already included, our No.1 wish was a merch, so you see that most ppl. want to join together to play (if this will be done by merch or transfer doesnt matter at this point).

I dont see the language as worst problem, dunno if this is just cause I can speak english and i think mythox meant the same but just forgot to add "dont".

Yeah the "germans are used to have their own server" -thing is meaningless, the clans and partys etc. can still be spanish, german or english spoken, if they want to?! This is a thing that users still can decide ingame, if they want to speak with a user or not?!

The worst will be the ping, like Adrian pointed out and if we can come up with a solution for this, i dont think there would be a problem.
Yasar1 no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-08-2018, 02:15 AM   #26
Yasar1
Pledge

Yasar1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoValhalla View Post
So since i heard about it iwas realy interested in this Thread. So i was Testing a bit i play on val with a Ping of 20 avg 35, ra 100 avg 150. I mean its both fine to play, you can see a slightly difference between both servers in reactions especially about playing with much cast speed while moving. Or if players get teleported a few meters away after a stun @ra. But its ''Okay'' so about the Language. Why don't use chats like follow.

Warmaster (eng) (realm/wz)
Realm (eng) (realm/wz)
general (eng) (realm/wz)
Trade (nothing changed here)
(x)German

(x)-and creating a new on based from where you are connected ( if traceable like)
Eng, ger, french,esp (you will only see the chat from where you are connected as a Chat where you can ask and play in your Language (realm/wz chat?)

edit, +1for eu servers

My pings on Ra were like 200ms and this is why this is so important. Every User will have another height in ping, not because of bad internet, but because of the Internet exchange points this user is using between the PC and the Server. p.e. you and me - you obviously have a faster accsess to Ra than me.

The Idea with the chats seems legit but remeber: on ra there is no rlm chat in wz - ^-^

for the "Eu" Server and "American" Server - we as Europaens easily say Yes, but those who get seperated from their friends, i dont think they would agree with that.

Last edited by Yasar1; 02-08-2018 at 02:26 AM.
Yasar1 no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-08-2018, 03:21 AM   #27
Ludwig-von-Mises-I
Initiate

Ludwig-von-Mises-I is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemo View Post
Let's not forget about the players on Ra who speak spanish on that server since the game started. To have an international server where they are expected to speak english now will confuse them the most ^^
No one forces people of different languages to speak only one official language in RA. They speak whatever they want and whoever understands them listens. Also i see that people from different languages inside RA make an organic effort themselves to understand and communicate with people who speak another language, alteast on a basic sense like "aca" which i personally always say ace. But thats just me i guess. :P

And like stone or herb for example which almost everyone in Ra from whatever language background knows what it means whether stone or herb.

Further, i am convinced a merge with heaven and RA and perhaps Valhalla into RA is just fine because as you will see below there is already major clans who are i think French, English, and German who play actively in RA. For example, in Syrtis the most active Warmongering and populated clans are at the time; French Warrior of Syrtis (429)-French, Harder Than The Best (123)-English, EjeRcitO (190)-Spanish, >> Los Lobos << (582)-Spanish, Ottastafur (119)-Germen. I think its German or Germanic because of the name.

Source: https://www.championsofregnum.com/in...ass=-1&range=0

And i rest my case. Regards :]

I will correct myself, when i say warmongering that is more for the average between victories and defeats not mainly activeness, but when we talk about who gets the most Warmaster and Realm Points which is a more accurate measurement of activity inside the game, its in fact the German Clan Ottastafur who is the most active in Syrtis RA. Not sure if its German though.
(lvl 60 WM knight - Ludwig von Mises) -- (lvl 60 WM Barbarian - Hans-Hermann Hoppe) -- (lvl 56 Hunter - Ron Paul) -- (lvl 36 Warlock - Israel Cisternas Two) -- (lvl 35 Conjurer Ludwig von Mises C) -- (> Clan - Loyalist of Syrtis<)

Last edited by Ludwig-von-Mises-I; 02-08-2018 at 04:32 AM.
Ludwig-von-Mises-I no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-08-2018, 05:45 AM   #28
saumya
Initiate

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!)
saumya is on a distinguished road

If according to Adrian ping is the main issue for Valhalla players then i do not think it is a problem.
Euro players that already play Ra and Haven already have almost the same ping as them(germans), and this ping is less than 200-ish, it does not cause that much latency. Moving them from 50~ ping to about 150~ is not an issue at all.

When years ago haven server was moved from EU to US, most of the EU players got along with the ping changes, most of them didn't even get affected, i dont think German players will actually care about playing in a more populated server than having 50 ping on a low activity-dying one.

High ping does cause latency, but it is very trivial when it is only about 150~ish, when it gets about 300+ then it causes latency, but that alone is not a reason to reject this idea, look at Loque, had 360+ ping's but still rekt as much as any other did.

Imo I am still not sure whether this idea is fair, most of the euro players want to be moved to RA where their characters already exist and need gear from haven, and not to Valhalla. While the other players get moved to Ra, most of their friends that play or played from EU will get seperated and it will be very harsh.
saumya no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-08-2018, 05:59 AM   #29
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Merge a dead server with another dead server...this already happened with horus, nemon and haven and it is not going to fix anything.

Just merge every dead server back to RA. Latency is NOT so grave issue and most people will be happy to have a little more latency, but more people to play with in RA.

Language and cultural differences? Since when this is an issue in RO?
Old 02-08-2018, 06:38 AM   #30
Aminta
Pledge

Aminta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig-von-Mises-I View Post

Further, i am convinced a merge with heaven and RA and perhaps Valhalla into RA is just fine because as you will see below there is already major clans who are i think French, English, and German who play actively in RA. For example, in Syrtis the most active Warmongering and populated clans are at the time; French Warrior of Syrtis (429)-French, Harder Than The Best (123)-English, EjeRcitO (190)-Spanish, >> Los Lobos << (582)-Spanish, Ottastafur (119)-Germen. I think its German or Germanic because of the name.

I may be wrong but I think that Harder than the Best is a Spanish clan not an English one. To the best of my knowledge, there is no active English clan in Syrts Ra

Last edited by amintas; 02-08-2018 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Wrong server name
Aminta no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread