Go Back   Champions of Regnum > Testing server (Amun) > Current version

Current version Changes being tested on the experimental server (Amun). This forum is multi-language (english, spanish).

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #21
Topogigio_BR
Baron

Topogigio_BR is on a distinguished road

Chilko, i think introducing another status that no1, as it seems not even NGD, knows the real influense of it in damage qill create more confusion than solutions.

If it really need a nerf, better realy nerf it than to create another more confusing way to calculate damage.

I rather keep it simple and fun.

Just for the record, i didnt get any diferense in damage on amun version.
Topogigio_BR no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #22
chilko
NGD·Studios

chilko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
Chilko, i think introducing another status that no1, as it seems not even NGD, knows the real influense of it in damage qill create more confusion than solutions.
We are not adding anything new... we are just showing something that you didn't see before.

By showing you restriction and real level separately we will be able to do a lot of interesting things with items, specially for example to help people that are still leveling.

Quote:
If it really need a nerf, better realy nerf it than to create another more confusing way to calculate damage.
nothing has changed in the damage calculations. We just had to touch the data of certain items that where created in a wrong way and where too OP.

Quote:
I rather keep it simple and fun.
We try, it's hard, but we try
chilko no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-29-2011, 06:39 PM   #23
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
well, to be honest i don't know.
but, t's even harder to analyze that if there are some buggy OP equipment out there right?
If you don't know, you seriously have to check it: archer's, and especially hunter's, normal damages are very low with normal stuff since the balance update.
It starts to be acceptable with uber epic/boss items...
Old 01-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #24
Topogigio_BR
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zas_ View Post
If you don't know, you seriously have to check it: archer's, and especially hunter's, normal damages are very low with normal stuff since the balance update.
It starts to be acceptable with uber epic/boss items...
I agree with daar. Problem with normals are not with mages indeed, yes damage on mages could be increased but just a little.

The real problem with normals are due to last update on armor, that made warriors like superman.

I do around 100-150 damage on an unbuffed warrior, buffed it is reduce to 50-70, maybe even less. This is why i changed to spell only damage.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #25
Topogigio_BR
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
We are not adding anything new... we are just showing something that you didn't see before.

By showing you restriction and real level separately we will be able to do a lot of interesting things with items, specially for example to help people that are still leveling.

nothing has changed in the damage calculations. We just had to touch the data of certain items that where created in a wrong way and where too OP.

We try, it's hard, but we try
I didnt really understand what this lvl cap will do, but i think anything that was hiden to be showed, is a good update.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:07 AM   #26
Kyrottimus
Baron

Kyrottimus will become famous soon enough

I had to post this for posterity:

Guess the +5 str adds to the item-level
Kyrottimus no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #27
Vaylos
Banned

Vaylos is on a distinguished road

I'm a hunter, so I can sympathize on the lower damage output we tend to see.

But,

If something needs to be fixed, then fix it. Period. -Especially- if it involves bad data. Once data is corrected and formulas adjusted to bring everything back into normalcy, then anything that was performing sub optimally due to the OP items being around could be normalized by those corrective measures.

Maybe it is wishful thinking, but that is the way I see things. Besides, there is no sense in putting the cart before the horse. Let them get the corrections in and get everything adjusted, and then see how everything fits together. Maybe they'll find they need to adjust armor values to be slightly less with all the OP items fixed accordingly. Or, maybe everything will be normalized, and the formulas will work the way they should without further change.

I don't know how the changes will affect the bigger picture, but I'll be looking forward to the update anyway.
Vaylos no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #28
Franz1789
Apprentice

Franz1789 is on a distinguished road

wtf!! if you complain about barb damage I will complain about evade chance and block chance of knights, or archer stun capabilities, or warlock area dmg.. shit we can't always complain about everything, I didn't come here to talk about the way very easy hunters kill me stunning me for half a minute, or how useless my barb is against a normal knight who block all my attack and resist kick.
Obviously there are different point of view, self-appointed still don't go in battle, since a lvl 41 barb is kinda useless (I mean that almost all the time I'm killed before hitting someone). Every class has a deal-with-it-or-leave detail, don't say barbs are the only guilty..

My Blog
My Music
Franz1789 no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #29
Initiate

53453467734534 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
well, to be honest i don't know.
but, t's even harder to analyze that if there are some buggy OP equipment out there right?
I assume, that developers simply can create a LVL 50 character with above-average equipment, and play/test this game with each of the 6 classes for some days. A "field experiment" (testing different builds in fort battles, field battles and duels) , as it would be called in psychology etc. Therefore you can call it work, that doesn´t necessary mean vacation, so there is no problem with this . This may be of more (or equal) value than knowledge of some formulas in the code. A biologist doesn´t only study the genetic code of an organism, but also observes the organism living in its natural environment.

I am sure many NGD people (if not all every now and then) play the game, so this idea is almost certainly redundant. However this statement suggests this isn´t at least always the case.
People in a community forum are a third source of knowledge, but it is very probable, that they are biased in some way, even subconsciously (including myself of course)

Osram
Old 01-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #30
Inkster
Count

Inkster has a spectacular aura aboutInkster has a spectacular aura about

Although the archers base damage is indeed less than it used to be,

How about a mages base damage? You will find it is even lower than an
archers. I know the armour has been fixed but if you think of it, the mages
base shot is in fact a magical bolt, therefore armour as it is currently described
should have no influence on the attack, but it does, im not complaining, im
just pointing out that archers still do more base damage than any mage