Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion > Welcome

Welcome New users can introduce themselves to the community here

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #21
l33t_supa_h4x90r
Apprentice

l33t_supa_h4x90r is on a distinguished road

Changing realm like that was kind of a stupid decision. When I entered syrtis a while back, I also had no clue that it was "overpopulated" (which was far closer to the truth then - Horus of 1-2 years ago - than it is now, with syrtis constantly losing). So I thought of joining ignis too, but I couldn't be bothered to grind again, even though I wasn't very high lvl. Then I learned about Ignis constant night invasions, and I thought that it was a narrow escape for me, since I consider that kind of game style pathetic. Still - nobody would've cared anyway. What I'm trying to say is:

It's not up to you to fix the population imbalance. You should have picked the realm that suited you best. In the end, the difference your presence will make will probably be minuscule, even if you're the best RO player the world will ever see.

Moreover, by the time you reach the warzone, things will have changed. By then, the dominant realm might be Ignis again. This is how this game works.

Besides, the current dominant realm is probably Alsius. Then Ignis, and then the constantly devastated Syrtis.
l33t_supa_h4x90r no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 12-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #22
JainFarstrider
Initiate

JainFarstrider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragz View Post
Yeah thats true, I have probably just met the bad players. However i feel disgusted about some players in this game. They were asking me to help them collect magnanites as they thought I did not know anything about them. However luckily i met somehow who told me all about them. I just wonder how people can go stoop so low into tricking new players.
There is a solution to this. It is called the 'Ignore' command. The Glorious 'Ignore' command allows you to ignore any character from your realm. Simply follow the instructions.

1) Press 'enter' to get to your chat or console
2) Type in /ignore
3) Press space
4) Type in the name of the character (remember to spell it right! Capitalization shouldn't matter.)
5) Press 'enter' to submit your command

Your command should look like this
/ignore name

After you have done this, private messages, friend requests, and chat messages will no longer be shown from that character!

You can do this to as many characters as you want. If you feel like hearing what they have to say again simply repeat the 5 steps, but instead of typing /ignore, type /unignore

You may already know all about this command, but I wanted to make sure that you knew of this wonderful command that NGD bestowed onto us.

Your Friendly Ignis-Buddy,
Ingtar

Oh, and hopefully you know the command '/reset_powers'? You kind of need it.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #23
time-to-die
Baron

time-to-die is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33t_supa_h4x90r View Post
I agree with you,
time-to-die no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #24
VeterKh
Master

VeterKh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33t_supa_h4x90r View Post
Changing realm like that was kind of a stupid decision. When I entered syrtis a while back, I also had no clue that it was "overpopulated" (which was far closer to the truth then - Horus of 1-2 years ago - than it is now, with syrtis constantly losing). So I thought of joining ignis too, but I couldn't be bothered to grind again, even though I wasn't very high lvl. Then I learned about Ignis constant night invasions, and I thought that it was a narrow escape for me, since I consider that kind of game style pathetic. Still - nobody would've cared anyway. What I'm trying to say is:

It's not up to you to fix the population imbalance. You should have picked the realm that suited you best. In the end, the difference your presence will make will probably be minuscule, even if you're the best RO player the world will ever see.

Moreover, by the time you reach the warzone, things will have changed. By then, the dominant realm might be Ignis again. This is how this game works.

Besides, the current dominant realm is probably Alsius. Then Ignis, and then the constantly devastated Syrtis.
lol lol lol

Sirtis loose 1 gelf and whining lol

for me - i choose Ignis couse my Friend playing in Ignis, and after i try to play Sirtis on Raven. My GMT time playing GMT+2 - at this time zone when i play Syrtis most EMPTY!!!! Ignis - have more population at his time i play. After merged Raven whith Horus - situation the same. WHy i need to play in EMPTY realm?

so wtf the night invasion? for me its morning ) Sirtis invade at 12 am - 14-15 pm GMT+2, Goats near be this time.

ppls play realm what thei want.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #25
JainFarstrider
Initiate

JainFarstrider is on a distinguished road

Majority of my log-ins

Me: Hey all
Everyone Else: Good Night

Pretty much the day's conversation. I guess not many people play in my time-zone.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #26
VeterKh
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JainFarstrider View Post
Majority of my log-ins

Me: Hey all
Everyone Else: Good Night

Pretty much the day's conversation. I guess not many people play in my time-zone.
+1 - i try to say this!

you need to learn wich realm playing hard in your time zone.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #27
Quincebo
Baron

Quincebo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeterKh View Post
+1 - i try to say this!

you need to learn wich realm playing hard in your time zone.
Start playing in a realm with a slight underpopulation balance would be more challenging to me then joining a realm that is constantly the overpopulated one.
I started playing in 2007, on Ra...and i don't want to switch realms at all.
But when would start it right now, i might not choosed syrtis at all.

Besides that, for new players it is hard to check which realm is underpopulated and which realm is not.

In any way, welcome to Regnum
Enjoy your stay
Old 12-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #28
VeterKh
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincebo View Post

Besides that, for new players it is hard to check which realm is underpopulated and which realm is not.
lvl up to 10, go to Main Town and ask around: i'm warrior, i need to choise... help me. And if you see more answers - you go right way.

its for example. it;s very easy.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #29
Rising_Cold
Master

Rising_Cold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeterKh View Post
lvl up to 10, go to Main Town and ask around: i'm warrior, i need to choise... help me. And if you see more answers - you go right way.

its for example. it;s very easy.
that wont work >.< at peek hours when alsius has 20+ on, is warring like crazy
or standing at cs.. there will be no1 to answer that question in inner...

there is no way to tell if a realm is underpop or not for new players.
Only way you can know it is if you play the game daily.. and long on a day

They only way to tell if a realm might be underpop is the xpboost offerd for the 'underpop
realm' which you see when you make a new account.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:02 PM   #30
l33t_supa_h4x90r
Apprentice

l33t_supa_h4x90r is on a distinguished road

Just as a funny note to the writer of this thread - Syrtis is so underpopulated atm that we were given the underpopulation exp bonus. Goes to show why you shouldn't make hasty decisions. I hope you enjoy playing for Ignis though, better for me to have more free rps
l33t_supa_h4x90r no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread