Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 08-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #21
makarios68
Count

makarios68 will become famous soon enough

I beleive there is a possibily of life elsewhere in the universe, but i don't beleive anyone on earth has ever seen an alien (or an alien spacecraft). I think that UFO sighting are much more likely to be down to human error, exaggeration, or simply lies.

I mean, let's think about it... Why would an alien craft would come all the way to Earth.

To make contact with us or be our friends? Then why haven't they done it, after so many 'visits' ?

Just to take a look at us? This doesn't make sense, because an alien race that has the technology to reach us would surely do so without being seen.

To conquer us? So why haven't they done it, after so many 'visits' ?

As for angels: i can catagorically state as a fact that there are no such things, coz i never seen one
makarios68 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #22
Gawyn_Trakkand
Banned

Gawyn_Trakkand is on a distinguished road

Basically as far as i see it. Aliens, Angels and Demons cant be catogorically prooved to exist or not as most 'sightings' are human claims and exaggerations maybe lies too, but then again people do have a tendancy to blindly believe anything written down *cough* the bible *cough* so who knows maybe its all lies, maybe its all true most likely its a bit of both.
Gawyn_Trakkand no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #23
Pizdzius
Baron

Pizdzius has a spectacular aura aboutPizdzius has a spectacular aura aboutPizdzius has a spectacular aura about

Evil Ignis Rock revelation of st. piz

19:17 And I saw a rock standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that clash in the midst of war, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the meteor dizziness;
19:18 That ye may eat the realm points, and the points of your allies, and the points of enemies, and of them that sit on them, and the points of all men, both free and bond, both small and goat.
(if you wish to contact me on my other realm character: Ignis - Josephine)

Pizdzius no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #24
Mbwana
Initiate

Mbwana is on a distinguished road

the universe is big enough to hold more than one intelligent life forms, and probrably still big enough to fit in angels and demons

WARNING, DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU ARE FANATICALLY RELIGIOUS OR FANATICALLY UN-RELIGIOUS

THE NEXT PARAGRAPH IS FOR MORE OPEN-MINDED PEOPLE:

a lot of the things in the bible wasn't supposed to be taken literally, for instance Genesis says God created the world in 7 days but what is time to an omnipotent being? more like each 'day' is like billions of years and everything that happened in each 'day' is put in the order that actually happened (plants and fish appeared before animals, etc), it said 7 days because people back then couldn't really understand the number 'billion years' in a practical way I think
pretty much parts of the bible like the Genesis and Revelation is nothing more than metaphors and symbolism used to educate ignorant people or give encouragement to people facing hard times (persecution of early christians for example)
I believe that not all parts of the bible is metaphors and symbolism, however, for you zealots out there

sorry if you ever find the above paragraph offensive, I'm not trying to change anyone's beliefs, just observing some thoughts which makes the bible less of a pack of lies so that people who follow it aren't seen as madmen

Last edited by 1bwana; 08-19-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Mbwana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:35 PM   #25
UmarilsStillHere
Marquis

UmarilsStillHere will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvak2669 View Post
Evil Ignis Rock revelation of st. piz

19:17 And I saw a rock standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that clash in the midst of war, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the meteor dizziness;
19:18 That ye may eat the realm points, and the points of your allies, and the points of enemies, and of them that sit on them, and the points of all men, both free and bond, both small and goat.
+1

You must spread some more Rep bladebla =.=

Anyway,

In my opinion I do agree with some "teachings" in the bible eg the 10 commandments however a lot of it is in my eyes a method of control, just like so many other things I think it to be just another way to keep people in line, it dates back to a time of great conflict, countless number died for their kings often 'in the name of god' or because they beleived their king was apointed by god. Would they have laid down their lives if not for thinking there was a greater being and that they died for 'him'?

Thats a lot more controversial than I like to go but hey, what did you expect with this thread.

I also think/know that rather than for entertainment things such as football are only there to distract the people from more important govermental matters, much like the gladiatorial games in anciant rome. Football may have started as just fun but now its a method of control and distraction, not to mention a massive capitalist organisation, the ammounts of money involved are crazy but anyway...
Old 08-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #26
Greyman_tle
Initiate

Greyman_tle is on a distinguished road

Angels, Demons, Elves, Cyclops, Trolls, Dwarves, all possible names for ET or seperate human species now extinct. The problem is most of our history was lost during the 'flood' (mentioned in nearly every surviving religion) at the end of the last ice age. We have only scraps of interesting info left - Egyptian batteries + plasma bulbs, Coinage from the Kingdom of Krishna, etc - i wont bore you with a long list....go look stuff up and get educated.

God - is nothing more than a ficticious political tool used, by the ruling classes, to control the majority, and should not be included in any sensible disscusion..If i had an imaginary friend i kept going on about, id prob be locked up...nuff said.
Greyman_tle no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #27
Brother-brian
Master

Brother-brian is an unknown quantity at this point

genuine encounters with non-terrestrial life forms are prob angels or demons.

But virtually all of the "space-craft" sightings are either common earth-made flying vehicles.... or top secret ones.

(I used to live right down the street from naval avionic research facility.... they fly some pretty strage stuff into public airspace, for everyone to see.... imagine what gets seen by accident).

Oh yeah, and all those "abduction" scenarios are people reliving their birth experience. Bright lights, poking, prodding, distorted heads, inability to move, etc. Repressed birth trauma.

Sorry gang, we're as alone as everyone is afriad we might be... minus the Creator, the Messiah, and the Tempter, and their respective armies.

But i always did like the X-FIles.
Brother-brian no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #28
Angel_de_Combate
Banned

Angel_de_Combate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman_tle
..If i had an imaginary friend i kept going on about, id prob be locked up...nuff said.
I had an imaginary friend when i was little..

Even though i dont believe in God as such..which is funny because as a child i really did...even said prayers before i went to bed.. :/ As i got older...believing in God and that he existed became harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother-brian
But i always did like the X-FIles.
Now when i started to watch these kind of programmes as i grew older..i just became a bit more accepting that there might be other life forms.."out there". I mean ive experienced some weird things...the usual things that cant be explained etc. Theres alot of doubt when it comes to this subject matter..cos I mean sure you have your crackpot people who are just after making some money by claming they've taken a pic of a UFO and its just some badly distorted pic of frisbee. There are plenty of UFO hoaxers. That why it helps to have an open mind..dont be so quick to believe what you see or hear.

As for angels and demons <smiles> if you believe in Angels...then there has to be demons too...you cant have the light..without the dark. What if, Aliens are both bad and good...dark or light? You could have Alien Demons and Alien Angels.. Interesting...
Angel_de_Combate no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #29
ArchmagusArcana
Master

ArchmagusArcana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother-brian View Post
Sorry gang, we're as alone as everyone is afriad we might be... minus the Creator, the Messiah, and the Tempter, and their respective armies.
??? WTF ???

How did you arrive at this conclusion? Have you traveled the vastness of space in all known and unknown dimension to disprove that there is no sentient life anywhere?

I mean, we all have our own theological beliefs, but seriously? To make a blanket statement like that with absolutely no evidence to the contrary.....As i said, Hubris of unimaginable levels. To have faith and follow a religion is one thing, but to flagrantly deny science.....is just ignorant.
ArchmagusArcana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #30
Pizdzius
Baron

Pizdzius has a spectacular aura aboutPizdzius has a spectacular aura aboutPizdzius has a spectacular aura about

Incoming of Thorkul

20:1. And I saw a developer coming down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pozo and a great chain in his hand.

20:2. And he laid hold on the serpent, the old Thorkul, which is the worm and dragon, and bound him for a thousand years.

20:3. And he cast him into the bottomless pit and shut him up and set a seal upon him, that he should no more aggro the nations till the thousand years be finished. And after that, he must be looted a little time.

The Path of New Engine

21:1. I saw a new meshes and new textures. For the first meshes and the first textures was gone: and the lag is now no more. The first meshes and the first textures was gone, being changed, not as to their substance, but in their qualities.

21:4. And Surak shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and ban shall be no more. Nor spamming, nor trolling, nor flaming shall be any more, for the former things are passed away.
(if you wish to contact me on my other realm character: Ignis - Josephine)

Pizdzius no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote