Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

View Poll Results: TDM is more life into the game and more game into my life.
Yes, I will play it actively and more, regardless of the whiners. 25 43.86%
No, I am the whiner, don't need TDM. 22 38.60%
I don't care but I'm more inclined to see a healthy playerbase than a dead server. 10 17.54%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2014, 05:59 PM   #21
Kimahri_Ronso
Baron

Kimahri_Ronso is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
Omg, you are seriously butthurt. Read that post again.
I wrote first "the warzone is dead and there is no acitvity" and your fucking response was that "..there's no one on (or not enough)". So basically you should learn to read.

Can you understand that I wrote first that TDM will be fine if there is no action, and not that TDM will be fine if there is noone online? You wrote that bullshit with noone online, not me.
Wanna play with words? I'm good at that

Firstly, "TDM will be fine if there is no action" : TDM can't be fine if there's no action, since --> if there's no action then maybe "there's no one online"! Thus, "not enough" to play the instance.

Secondly, on a more serious note, as Ieti said it, TDM is very dependent on population. Running it on a small server such as Haven can result two things, there's enough on to play it MEANWHILE it does NOT hurt WZ activity (which will not the case looking at the population right now), or there won't be enough on to keep WZ active while some playing TDM.

It would be a different case of course if NGD would be able to run it through different servers, so let's say Alsius would reach the numbers it requires to enter faster with players from RA / Alsius, so less would join from Haven and that wouldn't hurt WZ that much either....
Old 12-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #22
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri_Ronso View Post
Wanna play with words? I'm good at that ..
No, I have enough of lolos like you. I was only saying that you wrote the same what I wrote before(and you shot down my post). I'm not going to argue with you more, because you'll say the opposite no matter what I write. Discussion is worthless with you.

OT: I didn't vote, because It's biased. I do care, but I won't play more, and the second option is stupid. Basically, I'd be happy to see TDM working in similar way as dragon, something like once per day.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:29 PM   #23
MDpro
Initiate

MDpro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The funny thing is, if you re-enable TDM for "something to do when the warzone activity is low", we will end up creating a paradox for ourselves: Not enough war so people do TDM, people doing TDM so there is not enough war. It sounds like a vicious circle to me and would be a downward spiral countering all the work that NGD has done lately to try and make the warzone action a bit fairer and increase the tempo of the game.
Good point. ^

Alsius or nothing
MDpro no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:48 PM   #24
Ludwig Von Mises
Banned

Ludwig Von Mises is on a distinguished road

You know what? I'm just going to rek all of you.

To people who say that 'havan population is too low as it is' so tdm should not be brung back because it will make things worse for warzone wars. Have you thought that its maybe do, in large part, that there is no TDM that population is so low?

To people who say 'if tdm comes back' people will just wait for tdm.
:
Have you thought about the players who go hunt instead of war while a fort is being capped by an enemy realm?

HAve you thought that there is in fact people who prefer to grind for loot then do an invasion against two other realms?

Have you thought that there are people who prefer to talk and trade and sell in commerce then do war at all?

Have you thought that Regnum is losing population because its getting boring? You know riding across the dam map just to fight one player or just get ganked right of the bat then have to ress all the way back again?

Have you thought that maybe what attracted old population players, and now, new population players of regnum in general was the constant TDM matches?

Now, about how NGD can make money: Make costumes i would, or others would buy. Make an exchange system were magnas can be sold for xim.

Make it so that players can also buy xim by way of auction house, and with that xim or magnas be able to buy loot, and gear.

Making magnanite a currency that can be bought by real money is already true, and happening. Why not make it official NGD? You got so much to gain by making it official.

To add: Make multing not an option, only transfers or moving at the cost of losing all your previous toons. Sell things in premium items and just the way you make quests, customs, unique to each realm. This, will drive up the value of all three realms significantly. Making them very special and held in very high value. Making transfers or scrolling to level 45-60 more attracting.

If you want to make the realms truly individual three realms you must make them different and as in many aspects as you can find. This is what makes them cool. This is what will get you the money making fast and long lasting.

Also, by bringing TDM back and champions coins, you will most likely sell more fuson, extra champion coin bonus, maybe, by adding different looking shields/armors then what can be seen at the time? Different looking items, of-course, unique to each realm. This is what will drive up the value of the game, and each individual realm.

Last edited by Ludwig Von Mises; 12-08-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Ludwig Von Mises no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #25
Kopstoot
Apprentice

Kopstoot is on a distinguished road

Improve tdm before enabling them. As I see there is no such option, I chose the second option.
Change the kill system; before, only the last hit on the enemy is counted as a kill point. I'd like to see that changed.
The warzone should stay alive. Perhaps enable tdm during specific times of the day. Also, there should be a safe zone where the player can wait for tdm to start, so fights wont get interrupted and to prevent splitting in the wz.
Lastly, balance is a big issue. However it affects both tdm and the wz.
Kopstoot no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #26
Ludwig Von Mises
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco-Rukia View Post
Improve tdm before enabling them. As I see there is no such option
This one is easy, disable TDM when the realm gate becomes vulnerable. This will mean you have to make sure your realm is strong safe and powerful in order to play TDM. Now if others after invasion is over want to do TDM then let them, if others want to go invade another realm let them. If others want to grind let them.

You must keep strictly in mind though that you can't make players do something they don't want. If they don't want to travel far distances for a fort fight then thats their option. If they don't have the 5 minutes it takes just to travel to a far off fort because they have a life you know? This should be their option.

Many times what some players will get out of a zerg fight, all day, is just fighting at gate to help their realm, and TDM because they don't have the time to fight constantly by traveling constantly half the warzone away for each fort. Or think, doing this, is just boring.

Last edited by Ludwig Von Mises; 12-07-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #27
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig Von Mises View Post
This one is easy, disable TDM when the realm gate becomes vulnerable. This will mean you have to make sure your realm is strangth safe and powerful in order to play TDM.
So if one realm is in danger rest can not participate in TDM? Note that the three realms are required to be able to play TDM.
Sentan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #28
Ludwig Von Mises
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
So if one realm is in danger rest can not participate in TDM? Note that the three realms are required to be able to play TDM.
Original TDM requires that all three realms be ready in order for it to work. I would change this so that the realm that is being invaded cannot play TDM until their gate is safe but that the other two realms can and should be able to play TDM against each other.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:53 AM   #29
Candyx
Initiate

Candyx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig Von Mises View Post
You know what? I'm just going to rek all of you.

tl;rd
You are trying to make arguments for TDM Ludwig. Clearly you want to play TDM. Your arguments are flawed and without evidence.

Based on the affect TDM had on Haven originally it was clear that war was reduced, and people just waited at CS to join TDMs.

It's also clear that TDMs have a much more significant negative effect on the lowest population realm.

It's great that you're enthusiastic about getting TDMs back, but TDMs have little place in this game, so please turn your enthusiasm onto something else. If TDMs were good and help population NGD WOULDN'T HAVE DISABLED THEM!
Old 12-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #30
Raindance
Initiate

Raindance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyx View Post
You are trying to make arguments for TDM Ludwig. Clearly you want to play TDM. Your arguments are flawed and without evidence.

Based on the affect TDM had on Haven originally it was clear that war was reduced, and people just waited at CS to join TDMs.

It's also clear that TDMs have a much more significant negative effect on the lowest population realm.

It's great that you're enthusiastic about getting TDMs back, but TDMs have little place in this game, so please turn your enthusiasm onto something else. If TDMs were good and help population NGD WOULDN'T HAVE DISABLED THEM!
First of all, it seems you have your evidence wrong, because NGD disabled TDM due to the ending of the Season 1 battle island chain event. Season 2 should've started months ago according to NGD's timeline, yet they didn't continue because they couldn't fulfill to their promises (shocking, right?).

And as someone beautifully mentioned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oim View Post
It's called CHAMPIONS of Regnum - but the CHAMPION content is locked.
All we players want is the accessibility to fun battles, yes, but I think we're still all desperately dying to try out the CHAMPION armor.

And lastly, as I clearly recall, people still went to wars, just some would randomly teleport off the map when the TDM queue finished. Of course it doesn't mean people didn't wait at CS some of the time, because they did. But don't people still do that even today, without TDM?
Raindance no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote