General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #21
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
I understood... it's a hardcore exploit. If you add that kind of functionality to the fact that you are the fastest class and have different ways to disengage battle and take it again when you feel comfortable it makes for a great balance issue
Well i actually see that more of a fix for issues to hit a spell button without releasing keys completely. I can do the same with spells on key 1-4 without precast, but for others where i maybe even have to change quickbar it slows you down and feels uncomfortable. I agree that can be overcome with completely free key-bindings with key-combinations (all spells easy to reach). But atm thats the only fix for klicking a spell you want to cast quick after turn. Its not a hardcore exploit, you gain nothing unintended by design oO
Old 09-17-2009, 06:36 PM   #22
Comp
Count

Comp will become famous soon enough

We had a quick fort fight on Amun to see how this is affecting conjurers and I can tell you that support conjurers are going to have one hell of a time dealing with this in forts.

Additionally, during the entire fort fight (was a few minutes) the only thing that did real damage to me was the guards. Other players jumped out but did nothing because I moved out of range.

This dynamic will have a big impact on how fort fights are fought. Virtually everone will have to stand still during the fight or you won't hit your target. The dynics of a fort fight are fast moving and very fast paced.

Perhaps if your going to have a global cool down then remove all cast times for spells.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #23
Mellion
Banned

Mellion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We Tried to explain this in our previous "vision" posts:

This system is even more twitchy as you need to decide when and how to move. Experienced players will still take advantage of this and we are not changing what powers of ranged class do.
The idea is that Warriors need to be much more easy to play.

Please try to follow me on this metaphor with other games:
Regnum was starting to look like Quake, where if you are not an experienced twitchy player with a great computer playing with 100 ms of ping you had no chance (specially if you where a melee class). We want to make it more like CounterStrike where teamplay (and some balance decisions) makes it more reasonable for a new or casual user. A skilled CounterStrike player can still dominate but its more fun for everyone.
I think I have one of the slowest computer off all experienced RO players. And I can underline all what Enio and Znurre are describing is what RO made superior in game play and it is possible on a very slow computer too.

If you want to be like static WoW. Please make it so. But you lose all of us.

The whole update is a big no go, like those two tries with the slow backwards movement.

Why should we all suffer from a general design flaw?
Mellion no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #24
Dannboy
Initiate

Location: With DB on the top of Mount Doom were Sauron lives.
Dannboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Regnum was starting to look like Quake, where if you are not an experienced twitchy player with a great computer playing with 100 ms of ping you had no chance (specially if you where a melee class). We want to make it more like CounterStrike where teamplay (and some balance decisions) makes it more reasonable for a new or casual user. A skilled CounterStrike player can still dominate but its more fun for everyone.
But with the current balance its like playing CS vs a Aimbot =P
But I see youre point, and I like it
Dannboy no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #25
-Edge-
Banned

-Edge- will become famous soon enough

Ok, now warriors are rough to play again.

The being able to cast and move at the same time is gone, it was there this morning and it was amazing.

Also there is a lack of normal hit animations, and it seems if you are casting something (example 3 second area) you will also hit an attack while you are casting too.

The biggest problem with the new change to stopping spells while moving is that you are literally stalled, and when you are done casting the spell you need to run or autorun again. It does not continue autorun like it used to.

Basically anything that isn't instant is hard to use. My suggestion, change some key spells to instant, or add moving while casting for all classes.
-Edge- no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #26
Mellion
Banned

Mellion is on a distinguished road

Please, fix

- not facing.
- out of range.
- and every other single positional problem.

- give barbs and knights a bit back, what you have taken.

and

- forget about that what is on amun!!
Mellion no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #27
-Edge-
Banned

-Edge- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I understood... it's a hardcore exploit. If you add that kind of functionality to the fact that you are the fastest class and have different ways to disengage battle and take it again when you feel comfortable it makes for a great balance issue
Uh... wow, so this is going to make a lot more work for everyone. I can start to lose weight off playing this game then, are you planning to release that on the market as a weight loss program?

Sorry chilko, but you are creating too much work, the previous system wasn't even as automated as you think it was. I see no reason to add click for everything especially now that movement has been freelanced by strafing. Even the tiniest movement will cancel my casting time?

There is a problem, because in the same time it takes for me to cast something, someone can run behind me and render it useless. If I turn around and cast it again, the same will happen. In a couple fights today I was spending at least 10 seconds trying to hit casting time spells. This is very annoying for arc areas especially.

Also, if you are seriously going to leave support spells in their current state, please, at least have the decency to make them have more effect. Because right now a conjurer can spend about 5 seconds to stop, cast, and run again, just for a simple heal.
-Edge- no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:50 PM   #28
chilko
NGD·Studios

chilko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellion View Post
Please, fix

- not facing.
- out of range.
- and every other single positional problem.

- give barbs and knights a bit back, what you have taken.

and

- forget about that what is on amun!!
I have an idea... why don't we just make all spells with instant casting and you can attack while moving with every class?
that would be so much more fun for everyone right?
chilko no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:51 PM   #29
chassor
Banned

chassor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have an idea... why don't we just make all spells with instant casting and you can attack while moving with every class?
DO IT ! please , just not that new system
chassor no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #30
Dannboy
Initiate

Location: With DB on the top of Mount Doom were Sauron lives.
Dannboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hm, I guess I should start lvling that Lock then.
Dannboy no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread