Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 08-31-2007, 04:04 PM   #21
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnet
This is not a bug; some spells are not meant to switch you to fighting stance, so you can regain HPs/mana faster. This is Regnum.
But he was referring to energy borrow, which is an offensive spell.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:36 PM   #22
magnet
Count

magnet is on a distinguished road

Read again, he was not talking about Energy Borrow then .

Quote:
Originally Posted by undefined
[...]

Do you guys have energy issues if you are in a fort war and you do nothing but healing? Maybe it's just cause I'm low level but I find that it's better for me if I only use the spells that do not put you into a fighting stance, like Heals and Sacrifice. This way I'm always regenerating mana as fast as possible. It has helped me in big fights quite a bit. I dunno, again, maybe it's just cause of my low lvl (22/23 at the time) that I run out of mana pretty fast if I always stay in a fighting stance.
magnet no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:10 PM   #23
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

Quote:
In regard to skills that put you into the Fighting Stance when casted, such as Energy Borrow, I realised that you can hit CTRL in the middle of your cast to cancel your cast animation, so that when you finish the actual cast, you will be out of the Fighting Stance. I found this pretty useful as it saves a bit of time and I can keep regenerating my mana fast even after casting spells that put me into the Fighting Stance.

If anyone has any other tips or anything to add, please post!
Yes he was.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:19 PM   #24
DuoMaxwell
Master

DuoMaxwell is on a distinguished road

Its not a bug, it's in the beginers tips that push Ctrl to enter and leave combat mode, you can now remove the enter/leave combat mode button from your skillset bars... I use this all the time, I have to remember what spells wont cast from this stance tho, some buffs do and some don't but I always return to the non combat stance to aid in mp regeneration.
DuoMaxwell no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:43 PM   #25
undefined
Apprentice

undefined is on a distinguished road

I was referring to spells that put you into the fighting stance. Such spells include Energy Borrow, along with Enchantments such as Bear's Strength and Bless. When you cast these spells, your character will first switch into Fighting stance then initiate the Spell casting animation. If you hit CTRL while you are casting them, your character will switch back out of fighting stance.

If you are in fighting stance, you will regenerate HP and MP much slower. If you are constantly in fighting stance, you will run out of MP much faster. By ending your spell casts in non-fighting stance, you will always regenerate your MP as fast as possible, since you will never spend much time in the fighting stance.

This is why I really like the spells like Heal Ally/Self, Regenerate Ally/Self, Divine Intervention, Energy Barrier, and Ambitious Sacrifice, as all of these spells will not put you into the fighting stance. This means that you can always stay in the non-fighting stance without having to always hit CTRL after every cast, to keep your MP regen as fast as possible.

On a side note, does anyone know if it is possible to cancel your own spell cast? Sometimes I select the wrong target and end up casting my spell before I realise it, meaning my spell will be down for the recharge. Is there anyway to cancel the cast (even if you have to sacrifice the MP still)?
undefined no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:58 PM   #26
DuoMaxwell
Master

keep moving around to keep from casting it and select a new target or different spell for the target you already have. You can't cast while running around. I've messed up a few times like this in war, where I'll go down the list of archer buffs but then acidentially hit bear strenght so as quick as I can I either move or cast another spell on someone else or myself.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:14 PM   #27
undefined
Apprentice

undefined is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoMaxwell
Incidentially tho I'm usually the only conju with brains and balls in a fort war, brains enough to know where I should be, and who to give casting focus too but balls enough to run out and rez those who need it and to stay out behind the retreating line to yell at idiot stragalers and heal them so they don't bite it so far out that theres no hope of rezzing them.

I've done some pretty insane things as a conju that should have gotten me killed, ask magnet about that one time at pinos lol.

If you play that way Duo, how do you survive? Doesn't the enemy go after you or focus you or anything?

What happened at pinos?

Btw, thanks for that last tip, I'll need to try that out.
undefined no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:56 AM   #28
Froste
Baron

Froste is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you play that way Duo, how do you survive?
He doesn't, he's the first to die
Old 09-01-2007, 01:04 AM   #29
Mr_Squeaks
Pledge

Mr_Squeaks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you play that way Duo, how do you survive? Doesn't the enemy go after you or focus you or anything?

What happened at pinos?

Btw, thanks for that last tip, I'll need to try that out.
That's where the rest of the group come in. It's all well and good to have a master healer watching your back, but if you ignore him and just go for kills, you might find yourself wishing you had protected your doc...
Mr_Squeaks no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:19 AM   #30
DuoMaxwell
Master

Quote:
If you play that way Duo, how do you survive?
Good question, I gess it's the insanity I mastered playing the suicide white mage in FFXI, there a white mage is purely a healer, buffing is leaft to red mages, nuking to black mages and summoning to summoners, tho you can use a sub job of any of those to increase your abilities.

I was the only white mage that fought front line and would not hesitate to kill myself for the good of the party. Using the 2 hour skill benidiction to save the party should we get pwnt by a mob much stronger then us. If the place I set home at was close enough I could use ben, a spell that let me fully heal everyone in the party, but made whatever we where fighting target me and noone else, usually ensuring my death, I'd instantly respawn and run back to the fight, usually just in time to keep the mob from killing the rest of the party again allowing us to kill it. But then the system of FFXI is much much different then Regnum's.

Well the thing that happened at fort Pinos didn't start at Pinos, I had just logged in and gotten word from Magnet that there was a war at pinos and that they needed conju. I happened to be nearby, near the pinos alter, I started running in the woods near the road to pinos, constantly rotaing the camera I noticed that I was being followed by 3 goats, looking ahead I saw that there was another ahead of me, but the didn't seem to notice me, so not to look suspicious I edged in tward the group and was within range 10-15 of them at one point till we got to the fort. At the fort I stop with them for a moment then charge through their lines across the death field between them and the Ignis line and run right up to magnet, completly untouched! Nobody even took a shot at me!

Top it off, my conju is a dark elf, those are only from Ignis lol.

I'm both very lucky and very stupid lol