You have that discipline twice? :O
I have it only one time

Sorry, stupid human error.

I am the.....
Old 02-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #22
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

With the changes to the current spells and the introduction of good items, I wonder how much these setups have changed.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:13 PM   #23
Heglin
Initiate

Heglin is on a distinguished road

hmm Life, Staff and Sorcery lvl 19, Mana control 15, Enchantments 13, Mental 7 and Summon 6 (spare points)

Life: Heal/Regenerate ally, Resurrect and Greater Healing all lvl 5. Heal Self lvl 3 and Divine Intervention lvl 4.

Staff:Mana Communion and Static Field lvl 5

Sorcery: Karma Mirror lvl 5, Steel Skin and Mind Blank lvl 4. Tremor and Sanctuary lvl 3.

Mana Control: Energy barrier and Dragon's blood lvl 3, Ambitious sacrifice lvl 2.

Enchantments: Dispel lvl 3

All other skills at lvl 1 though some of them is frequently used.

Now you got alot of information you could use as a weapon against me, try it

More setups please, i want to see as many as possible.

Last edited by eddius; 02-13-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Heglin no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #24
Twinkle1
Initiate

Twinkle1 is on a distinguished road

A great post by some skilled conj's i will try some of these out on my lill pt conj. thnx guys just what i needed.

Last edited by Twinkle1; 05-12-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Twinkle1 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:56 AM   #25
save_the_trees
Initiate

save_the_trees is on a distinguished road

my current setup together with those spells frequently used (still haven't found a satisfying setup since 1.0 patch, numbers in brackets will be tested soon -.-):

mental 7:
beetle swarm 1, mind push 1
mana control 19:
energy barrier 5, arcane devotion 5 (4), ambitious sacrifice 4, energy borrow 1, mana pylon 4
enchantments 13:
dispell magic 3
staff mastery 15:
mana communion 4, static field 1, arcane projection 1
Life 19:
heal ally, regenerate ally, heal self, greater healing all on lv 5, Divine Intervention 5 (4) regenerate self 1, resurrect 3, material wall1, magic barrier 1. Dragons blood 1 (4)
summon: 6 spare points
sorcery 19:
mind blank 5, karma mirror1, sanctuary 4 (3), tremor 3, steel skin 1

some comments:
I am aware that from point of total damage reduction karma mirror might be more effective than energy barrier, but energy barrier has the big advantage that it can be prebuffed and thus buys you more time to use when you are already in combat. Personally I need and use this time to place a hopefully nice tremor right at the beginning of the fight. It is important not to lose too much hp at this stage or you will be focussed very hard. I can imagine that putting points into both spells could be better though. Not losing too much hp has become a bit more difficult lately because less people are using evade/block/resist heavy setups now. This is also why I'm using arcane devotion lv 5 atm (normally I would rather say that 4 is a good value).

I am furthermore aware that some conjurers would never use resurrect on any other lv than 5, but well, I have never used it on 5, I used to hunt a lot as only conju in the group and I still hope for some future changes which will bring back the interest in small group fights.

Dragons blood... if it really makes conjus resist a hell lot then it is a must have otherwise just crap ^^

With the current spells I still haven't found any good counter (which wouldn't totally destroy my setup) for MS since protection dome is that crappy now. If anybody has some advice, pls help me !

Last edited by save_the_trees; 02-18-2009 at 04:33 AM.
save_the_trees no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:17 AM   #26
sathilda

Quote:
Originally Posted by save_the_trees
Dragons blood... if it really makes conjus resist a hell lot then it is a must have otherwise just crap ^^

With the current spells I still haven't found any good counter (which wouldn't totally destroy my setup) for MS since protection dome is that crappy now. If anybody has some advice, pls help me !
High intelligence protects from skills, but it stays random.

Heglin (as conj) is good for protecting himself from MS, even one with disable limb and spring maxed like i used to (i don't atm), good ol' static field/mind push/mind blank trio, but don't remember the levels :P . So ask him
Old 02-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #27
save_the_trees
Initiate

save_the_trees is on a distinguished road

Quite some time ago, I used lv5 static field myself but you see the greedy conju always wants to max out some effects on others while trying to cope with very few but effectively skilled points for self defending. I'm using all those 3 spells too, just on slightly different levels. And with beetle on cd you still will hardly stop an unstoppable and DIed barb from running at you with 150% speed and MSing you rightaway. I'm looking for spells and combinations which can be used in more ways, which can be more generally used to benefit the group (the group effect on static field is just too small due to its mini range) and at the same time grant a nice personal protection, like good old dome (the resist rates were really nice back then, at least for people with high int )... Thinking this way I would rather give up mana 19 and put some more points into mental instead. But the problem is that having seen the old potential I would consider options like those almost like a huge nerf. Currently I would rather calculate a MS and just save the other 50% of spells for after MS if it really hits through, than seriously investing more points somewhere because of it. Maybe it just still doesn't occur often enough, still enough guys running around with spear or sword as main weapon. So ehhhm ...little dark elven knight lady, come here and convince me that my setup is wrong and that it really is a must have atm

Last edited by save_the_trees; 02-18-2009 at 05:45 PM.
save_the_trees no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:34 PM   #28
DkySven
Marquis

DkySven has a spectacular aura aboutDkySven has a spectacular aura about

The setup I use at me newb conjurer: http://www.tres-erres.com.ar/rg/?ver=DkytheGoat

Since I can't have resurrect ally at level 5 I can only revive someone when there's no danger anyway so I have this at level 1. I also don't have high level self heal spells to save the points for support spells and buffs. Karma mirror(4) is nice I'm thinking of moving the points from enchantments to mental to have a little more defense, since low level enchantment buffs aren't really useful. Hopefully I'll have points for dispell soon.
Areachains are deadly for my conjurer now.(at least, when mind blank fails)
DkySven no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:36 AM   #29
Pendalf
Initiate

Pendalf is an unknown quantity at this point

asdfghs,

at first, i wish your conj will be higher level soon for you to have more points to distribute. =) At second, I'd like to advice you to have only grinding setup at your level. You will be pretty useless in war, so spend your time leveling in party. All you need for this are HA, RA, MC. Put maximum points in those powers, others you can put in bless etc. If you grind with allies of your level, think about magnifications, they will allow you to deal damage and get additional xp points. Always keep your MC on cooldown.
Pendalf no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #30
Nikor
Initiate

Nikor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco2950
at first, i wish your conj will be higher level soon for you to have more points to distribute. =) At second, I'd like to advice you to have only grinding setup at your level. You will be pretty useless in war, so spend your time leveling in party.
I cannot agree with that. Conjurers are useful in war, regardless of level, if they know what they are doing. But it is generally better to wait until lvl 29 to have mana communion and lvl 4 heals.

And having said that, Dky might not have that much conjurer experience, but it'd prefer his lvl 32 conjurer in a war party over any lvl 50 who has levelled only in the inner realm and never seen any action.

Last edited by Nikor; 02-20-2009 at 06:48 AM.
Nikor no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote