Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 07-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #21
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

I'm sorry if you felt insulted, but this is what you had to post from the beginning. I also agree with some of the points you state.

I'm trying to make you see that it's difficult to express in text what you feel and threatening by leaving doesn't show anything. This last post does and I thank you for putting the real reasons of why you are worn out.

Regards,
Old 07-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #22
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by misaccc View Post
"Individually want" my ass. How many players asked for a change in the SM tree? How many players asked for more than a YEAR for a change to SotW before NGD finally moved? Just two examples where a whole lot of individuals asked for something but NGD felt their judgement was better suited for deciding changes than the larger part of people actually playing.
Did any of NGD say literally that we don't care about that? We do what we can, changing is not just pressing a button. I agree that the response times are sometimes too long, but the development process is something that you should experience to understand it, no pun intended.

Quote:
Especially when you give yourself undeserved high karma and then go about destroying other peoples legitimately acquired ones with it.
One day I received a very insultive karma and I told surak about it (back then when I still couldn't moderate them). He gave me that huge karma, and recently I reset it because I don't like to stand out and don't have the time to think about it too... it just crossed my mind some days ago.

Quote:
Incredible, absolutely incredible. This is exactly the kind of reasoning that pisses me off about you and Chilko to no end. One guy says anything, everyone agrees, well they must all be wrong! We've all been playing this game too long! We just tell you that things suck because we have absolutely no clue, after playing a game for ages!
There's a difficult thought to explain or "transfer" here. I've been in that situation too, as a player of this game. I made a lot of contributions and almost none became true. What I've felt was that my opinions didn't matter and I had to stop, but there's something that I never thought about and I learnt it inside and somehow, late. Contributions give a clue of what the users are getting of the idea of the game as a whole. Without a broader sight of what Regnum gameplay is inteded to be this would repeat itself until the end of time. Late but sure, that's why Chilko's post is there.

Quote:
So you wont accuse me of bitching again let me go into detail here a bit.
In Beta and shortly after we had a lot of great wars. You could log in at whatever time you wanted and after 5 minutes latest there was action. Gradually after Beta this was less and less and less the case. Now people either grind, search for magnatite or trade stuff at the gate. People complained about it on the forum. Nothing changed. Nobody wants to play a game without action though. One of the greatest features in Regnum, the RvR combat, is essentially gone from the game. Now there are tons and tons of better grinding for item games available on the market. Especially with the lag and bugs in Regnum, you have lost and will continue to lose players because of that.
I see a lot of people arguing about how they liked the game back then, I don't say they're wrong, but this details you are stating are not so common in that kind of posts. I've seen them a few times, and we agree on that.
Quote:
Now the people who complained about this must all be clueless! NGD will make everything better after all right? Wrong. You should have listened to the community.
We're developers, not magicians. Even if we agree with the community, even if we don't, things can't be done so easily and can't be explained everytime. Or we develop, or we discuss in the forums... there's no room for the two of them at the same time.

Quote:
Plus, noone from the community is here to do you a favour.
Then you should not contribute. Remember that all of your contributions are a favour. As we all did once and not only in Regnum.

Quote:
I play some games for more than ten years and have never grown tired of them.
Just keep telling yourself its all the players fault and insult them further. Dig your own grave.

Do whatever you want with Regnum and keep telling yourself it will be "great" in "the future". I want no part of it anymore. Just stop insulting me.
I'd really understand you leaving if it was some days after the official release of this version, but I can see what other reasons you have. The only thing I have to say is that it isn't easy for us too. We shield ourselves from a lot of negativity day by day and go on as we can.

Regards,
Old 07-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #23
theotherhiveking
Count

theotherhiveking has a spectacular aura abouttheotherhiveking has a spectacular aura abouttheotherhiveking has a spectacular aura about

Actually, Red Star its right about the favor thing.

If the comunity contributes its because they want a improved game experience, or maybe something exasperates them and obviously they want to get rid of it.

We are here to enjoy your product and if it is attractive enough for a individual, he may pay for it to enjoy it even more, or faster..

Obviously, if we, the comunity, contribute and feel that we are not taken in account (insane reponse times for minimal changes that enraged everyone for example) then will have a very negative actitude towards changes, as we are expecting:

Nothing we asked for, or the oposite, like extreme nerfs that make skills useless from 1 one to 5, while keeping others as effective as those in lvl 1, and keeping stuff like the mana cost, for example; (see balestra vs anything else, you dont have to be a zerg overmind to know what is wrong there).

My point is.. dont ask ever, ever again the comunity to be positive.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #24
KnuckOne

Kailer, if people are maybe too agressive for you, it's because they like your product, and refuse the changes because it would ruin the said product for them. When you think about it, that means people actually can't move to something else, often by personal choice or constraint. Sounds good, but seeing people whining doesn't mean that the current situation is good either.

You're still one of the rare company publishing a MMORPG with native linux support, and the WZ is kinda unique. So what is the problem ? Have you noticed the call for 0.9-like gameplay ? With all that imbalance it means etc ?

The Fact is that back in the time, we used to have some freedom.

The freedom to choose between awesome skills,despite the few ones that were desactived/not working.

The freedom to choose to fight or not in forts, now you have to in some sort because anyway invasions make the game unplayable so you have to avoid it at any price. Who care about the bonuses actually ?

The freedom to go wherever you want and find a good fight. Now, since everybody level in inner realm, people have nobody to fight and are concentrated around bridges. With RP as only reward, most people are bored, because they want to have fun, not especially be in the rankings. Even PvE is more rewarding if you think about it. So they finish at central save dancing/chatting 24/7. One day Regnum-Irae asked to one of those dancing dude what was fun at dancing all the time, he answered : "because i'm bored". I think it says it all, and i think you should ask them by paying a visit at syrtis central save. Because the others left or almost don't play.

So, despite the lack of content and imbalance, it used to be funnier, because you NGD used to let the players make their own world, not forcing to play the way you want.

It's another reason too.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #25
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherhiveking View Post
My point is.. dont ask ever, ever again the comunity to be positive.
With all due respect, who are you to talk in behalf of the community like that? Don't mix your personal opinions with what community means. I understand your point of view and respect it, but the community as a whole doesn't think that way, I know that everyone wants a better Regnum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckOne
Kailer, if people are maybe too agressive for you, it's because they like your product, and refuse the changes because it would ruin the said product for them. When you think about it, that means people actually can't move to something else, often by personal choice or constraint. Sounds good, but seeing people whining doesn't mean that the current situation is good either.

You're still one of the rare company publishing a MMORPG with native linux support, and the WZ is kinda unique. So what is the problem ? Have you noticed the call for 0.9-like gameplay ? With all that imbalance it means etc ?

The Fact is that back in the time, we used to have some freedom.

The freedom to choose between awesome skills,despite the few ones that were desactived/not working.

The freedom to choose to fight or not in forts, now you have to in some sort because anyway invasions make the game unplayable so you have to avoid it at any price. Who care about the bonuses actually ?

The freedom to go wherever you want and find a good fight. Now, since everybody level in inner realm, people have nobody to fight and are concentrated around bridges. With RP as only reward, most people are bored, because they want to have fun, not especially be in the rankings. Even PvE is more rewarding if you think about it. So they finish at central save dancing/chatting 24/7. One day Regnum-Irae asked to one of those dancing dude what was fun at dancing all the time, he answered : "because i'm bored". I think it says it all, and i think you should ask them by paying a visit at syrtis central save. Because the others left or almost don't play.

So, despite the lack of content and imbalance, it used to be funnier, because you NGD used to let the players make their own world, not forcing to play the way you want.
I really agree with what your posting here. I know that the game may be showing some of this trends, but it's one of the possible things that can happen while trying to make the game fun for everyone. We are humans too.

Everyone knows that even if in the past there could be more options (I'm not so sure, but let's take it as a fact) but the gameplay as a whole was broken like hell. Now it still needs some adjustments as they are told in Chilko's post. From then on, we will have to focus on the basis of Regnum's gameplay... the ability to configure your role as you want.

To be brief, we tend to agree on a lot of things, but we are not having the same vision of how to get to that goals, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckOne
This thing this player says reflects what was wrong and still is with Regnum. Yeah, it was fun, but that's what was at a high cost. Other classes players getting frustrated, population of some classes going down slowly, and a lot of facts that in not too much time caused what is happening now. It's not only the changes we made, but the changes that haven't been made and need to be done.

Regards,
Old 07-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #26
Anpu
Count

Anpu will become famous soon enough

I asked you just to say "yes" or "no" and to finish that story. I sent PM after your first "no" you sent to member who asked you, and stated why you should reconsider and to let me know whats final word.

I don't want you to spend your time on stupid community tool, when you need to spend time for your company. But, as you have title of Community manager, and I m part of that community plus tool is for whole community (Spanish translation is btw ready and will be released very soon, like I promised in bday thread), for all community related questions I should consult you, right? I said, if you guys don't want to support anything, fine. I just want to know your attitude towards such things.
Thanks for answer.
Bye.

Inquisition
Anpu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #27
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anpu View Post
I asked you just to say "yes" or "no" and to finish that story. I sent PM after your first "no" you sent to member who asked you, and stated why you should reconsider and to let me know whats final word.

I don't want you to spend your time on stupid community tool, when you need to spend time for your company. But, as you have title of Community manager, and I m part of that community plus tool is for whole community (Spanish translation is btw ready and will be released very soon, like I promised in bday thread), for all community related questions I should consult you, right? I said, if you guys don't want to support anything, fine. I just want to know your attitude towards such things.
Thanks for answer.
Bye.
Do you think that it makes me happy not to be able to remember every of the hundreds of PMs I receive? I'd love to be able to reply and I wont excuse myself for not being able to do so. A little comprehension would be fine, and obviously the complaint in the Complaint Book about customer support.

Again, sorry for being such a lousy helper. It's not the intention at all.

Regards,
Old 07-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #28
Anpu
Count

Anpu will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailer View Post
Do you think that it makes me happy not to be able to remember every of the hundreds of PMs I receive? I'd love to be able to reply and I wont excuse myself for not being able to do so. A little comprehension would be fine, and obviously the complaint in the Complaint Book about customer support.

Again, sorry for being such a lousy helper. It's not the intention at all.

Regards,
Kailer,
I do understand sometimes, even if doesn't look like that.
I sent you first PM. Idea was to solve problem for clan bday. No response.
I waited one week (that past bday time), to give you some time, I wasn't pushing you or anything. As you see, I can understand
After second PM, I still don't get response.
Then I started in couple of my posts (I think 3, including this one) to call you to answer me on PM. Again no response, until today.
One month no response from the only community guy, Community manager, regarding community question (it wasn't some whine, or bullshit). What would you think on my place?
Sorry for hijacking thread Tia, I ll stop here.

Inquisition
Anpu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #29
theotherhiveking
Count

theotherhiveking has a spectacular aura abouttheotherhiveking has a spectacular aura abouttheotherhiveking has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailer View Post
With all due respect, who are you to talk in behalf of the community like that? Don't mix your personal opinions with what community means. I understand your point of view and respect it, but the community as a whole doesn't think that way,
I beg you pardon?

Neither im talking in representation of all the community, nor im mixing in my personal opinions. Just pointing that after the erratic development of the game you cant just ask for a receptive and comprehensive community and expect things to get better, well you can, but its not like that will fix anything. That applies to anything, mmorpgs, cookies or toasters.

Im dont going to deny that the community over reacts a lot of times, but its not because we are a special community of over reacting 2d8[3, +7] +3 screaming, its just we are used to broken balance and gameplay, and balance that its all about removing skills.. all that stuff.

I tried to point you that by asking the community to be more 'positive' all you will get are more complaints about the lack of consistent stuff, communication, users becoming offended.. angry. That was my point, maybe it sounded aggressive now that i read my post again. Im sorry if it sounded offensive.

Quote:
I know that everyone wants a better Regnum.
Of course we want a better game!, they are playing and investing money in it(well, a 4%), so the more enjoyable it is the better for everyone, especially for you(as chilko stated)

I dont know what made you react that way to my post, but it seems that you got the opposite thing to what i was trying to say: Everyone wants the better for the game, they are so pessimist because they are used to expecting stuff to go to for the worse, that all. When balance gets 'less broken' (its very very hard to fix balance so late in development in a reasonable time-frame), there are more wars, basically when the game goes out of this 'extreme' development in a year or so (hopefully) complaints -everywhere- (i notice it too, even if im used to it) will stop and praising will start.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #30
Angelwinged_Devil
Banned

Angelwinged_Devil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anpu View Post
Sorry for hijacking thread Tia, I ll stop here.
and a few hundred others

On regnum? Yes there seems to be a lot less fighting and a more increased activity in getting better "gear" then when your gear is ready there's no one to fight with because they're doing exactly what you've just been doing, sucks doesn't it?

Solution could be to make these things easier to get, fix the economy in game, fix the lag. People are happy with the rvr product, you don't need to upgrade your engine to make the game any better (it's nice it's not that) but giving something new when there's still a lot of critical problems to be solved is just not the way.

about karma: good it's only a tool

Red it's not good to see you go :/ I've fought you only a couple of times, but it was fun, I think I still have your msn you crazy bugger, so at least we'll still talk
Angelwinged_Devil no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote