Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 10-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #21
DemonMonger
Marquis

DemonMonger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umaril View Post
Many times people in realm chat when the class's are described to them have said how strange it is to have hunters (A totaly independant class) mixed with 5 class's that need to work together to be realy effective, Ofc NGD wont do anything drastic at this point like making hunters more team based and less independant, and as such hunters will be annoying grinders by popping out of camo just as they sit to rest, running away on 1hp, taking forts solo once everyone else has left thanks to stupid guard AI and so on...
I used to roam solo with my warlock as well... before my hunter was even thought of being created. Now though every realm has so many hunters it's hard to sneak up on people unless you are a hunter.

todays kills 20
deaths 1

p.s. 1vs1 darkmurcury + his giant tol tar + magna bow? (eliminated by a petless hunter)
Maybe next time you won't stalk me up the mountain

Shout outs: TWINKLE INKSTER CHALO!!! Nice to see you guys in game
DemonMonger no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #22
Inkster
Count

Inkster has a spectacular aura aboutInkster has a spectacular aura about

was nice to see you as well
Old 10-07-2009, 12:42 AM   #23
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonMonger View Post
I returned today to test out
1.0.8 petless hunter vs knights,barbs,warlocks,hunters,marksmen.
I am very pleased with this update. Combat stratagey has been revamped 100%. He who thinks last dies first, as it should be. The ninja style playing is still highly effective. Can't wait to see what the december update is going to be! Until then, I will see you all later.

Todays kills 25
Todays deaths 1 (death by drowning)
Can you explain me why your Brag-talk about killing grinders does belong into General discussion?
Old 10-07-2009, 12:54 AM   #24
King_Of_Angmar
Banned

King_Of_Angmar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamax View Post
Remove the ability to shoot under sotw and the mob stop attack, a escape spell is a escape spell !
Not all hunters use this as an escape spell, just the ones who are too wimpy to fight. I will only use it as an escape spell outnumbered 3-1. SOTW is an offensive spell used to resist other offensive spells.
King_Of_Angmar no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:56 AM   #25
DemonMonger
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Enio_ View Post
Can you explain me why your Brag-talk about killing grinders does belong into General discussion?
There is more in the content than mere braggage(tm).
I like the update and can see where this style of playing can bring regnum in the future. You know what I would like to see? I would like to see warriors armor give them a % change to deflect basic shot of arrows while moving.
Skills however should not be effected by this. It will allow warriors more of a chance in battle and a bit of realism.

My question to you is why you post on my braggage(tm) without adding info about 1.0.8? The people that died were not all grinders only mmm about 7 or so. The remainder of the kills obtained were people running to or from save, across pb, or to or from herbred, algaros fort.

My post is to give hope to all the assassins in regnum!
diego de syrtis + giant tol tar (assassinated as he hunted me form pb)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Of_Angmar View Post
Not all hunters use this as an escape spell, just the ones who are too wimpy to fight. I will only use it as an escape spell outnumbered 3-1. SOTW is an offensive spell used to resist other offensive spells.
I use son of wind because spell elude is broken...
For me son of winds purpose is to first assault on mages, or to give an added boost after mobility to escape. I do not use son of wind vs warriors or archers for assault purposes period. Son of the wind takes too much mana to be an effective assault skill for most people. (timing is everything)

Last edited by DemonMonger; 10-07-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:14 AM   #26
kamax
Master

kamax is on a distinguished road

Sotw is a god mod spell vs mages(of course not for warriors...). Into the hand of someone who can come out from camo in your back and ambush you, remove you a lot of hp while on the groud, it's just 0 chance for every warlock(except if the hunter play very very bad).

A god mod spell must not exist, specially if while the time of the god mod you can shoot.
kamax no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:40 AM   #27
DemonMonger
Marquis

Quote:
Sotw is a god mod spell vs mages(of course not for warriors...). Into the hand of someone who can come out from camo in your back and ambush you, remove you a lot of hp while on the groud, it's just 0 chance for every warlock(except if the hunter play very very bad).

A god mod spell must not exist, specially if while the time of the god mod you can shoot.
It's not a god spell vs mages...
1v1 option SOTW is semi godly but flawed...

SOTW is 15 seconds max... and it takes 30 - 45 seconds for petless hunter to kill a pre barrier buffed mage.
(Good luck trying this with a staff mastery mage)
(Good luck trying this vs a Mage with a Zarkit)

SOTW is 15 seconds max... and it takes 12 - 25 seconds for a pet weilding hunter to kill a mage thats confused.
(but if the mage kills the pet this wont happen)
(Good luck trying this vs a warlock with a Zarkit)
vs conji they can barrier + steel skin + heal and live....
(if confuse fails)

vs warlock they can barrier + soulkeep + vamp drain the pet = pets dead (even if confused pets dead)

There have been many times I died vs a warlock because I had no mana left + soulkeeper + vampire both hit me after my sotw ended.
(timing is everything)

Warlock is the only class I shit my pants over in regnum... scary...
Old 10-07-2009, 04:22 AM   #28
kamax
Master

kamax is on a distinguished road

Barrier go away in 2s with normal hit+pet, soulkeeper+vampirism only works if you are not under Sotw. If you are afraid to fight with a lock you should change your timing.

Some hunters can kill me in far less that 30s and let me dizzy/knock down all the fight = i do him 0 damages. If you count normal hit ~250 + pet normal hit ~250 too= 500 damages every hmmm what ? 1,5s ? maybe 2s ? 3000(my hp)/500=6 round (normal+pet). 6x2=12s ! Sotw 15s.
Of course i have a shield(750) but you have dual shot ~400 and ensarning ~400/500. So you can kill me in less that 15s with the good timing.

Hunters don't need a god mod vs warlock even it's only 15s.
kamax no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:35 AM   #29
DemonMonger
Marquis

Quote:
Barrier go away in 2s with normal hit+pet, soulkeeper+vampirism only works if you are not under Sotw. If you are afraid to fight with a lock you should change your timing.

Some hunters can kill me in far less that 30s and let me dizzy/knock down all the fight = i do him 0 damages. If you count normal hit ~250 + pet normal hit ~250 too= 500 damages every hmmm what ? 1,5s ? maybe 2s ? 3000(my hp)/500=6 round (normal+pet). 6x2=12s ! Sotw 15s.
Of course i have a shield(750) but you have dual shot ~400 and ensarning ~400/500. So you can kill me in less that 15s with the good timing.

Hunters don't need a god mod vs warlock even it's only 15s.
lol I refuse to use confusion...
I don't use distracting shot...

warlocks can drain all hp back from pet and kill the hunter....
Old 10-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #30
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonMonger View Post
My question to you is why you post on my braggage(tm) without adding info about 1.0.8? The people that died were not all grinders only mmm about 7 or so. The remainder of the kills obtained were people running to or from save, across pb, or to or from herbred, algaros fort.

My post is to give hope to all the assassins in regnum!
diego de syrtis + giant tol tar (assassinated as he hunted me form pb)
Well your initial post doesnt encourage adding information on others opinions and experiences with 1.0.8.
Anyway, my experiences are good so far and i look forward to minor issues being fixed in the next updates. Still i believe this sort of topics belongs into the Inn