Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 04-07-2012, 02:01 AM   #21
Archefiend
Pledge

Archefiend is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kharbon_ View Post
Interesting tips, I agree with the fact that hunters can be deadly, if coordinated well. The problem is, that the current hunters don't always have the neccecary experience, setup or equipment, not talking about how rare they are today...

Also, while fort-groups have usualy decent coordination and numbers, hunters try to fight solo, and they often don't work together. This is a shame, as they could take out conjurers effectively, the element of surprise is underrated.

With the current gamestate, a lone warrior or marksman has higher chance of taking out a conjurer than a hunter, I'd say...
Makarious, nice tips, I actualy have tried rep shot thing, but find it that parabolic shots are better now in this. And its not near the 1000dmg anymore...
I actualy felt sad, when today, I was the only hunter for two hours. In syrtis, the country of legolases. Increadible. Others actualy laughed at me, when I called for other hunters, to execute some plans..to find out theres no hunters at all. I tried bridge guarding, but noone was willing to come with me(except some poor warlock).
Now, I think that problem isn't only in hunters, but in the lack of cooperation too.
Archefiend no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #22
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kharbon_ View Post
Interesting tips, I agree with the fact that hunters can be deadly, if coordinated well. The problem is, that the current hunters don't always have the neccecary experience, setup or equipment, not talking about how rare they are today...

Also, while fort-groups have usualy decent coordination and numbers, hunters try to fight solo, and they often don't work together. This is a shame, as they could take out conjurers effectively, the element of surprise is underrated.

With the current gamestate, a lone warrior or marksman has higher chance of taking out a conjurer than a hunter, I'd say...
The fact hunters don't work together is mostly due to the fact they don't see each other while in camo.

Next update will allow to see party members on minimap, perhaps it will improve things a bit.

The best thing would be Camouflage effect worked like Stalker Surroundings, allowing all allies to see the camoed hunter.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #23
kmdk
Master

kmdk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seher View Post
Not everything that’s useful for RvR is part of it. It’s nice and useful to go to the toilet before you go on a trip with your car but it’s still in no way part of driving, lol.

Stalker: Yay, one action every 5 minutes.
Pressure via pet: Not only does it die fast, the pressure of a marksman is superior.

It is suicidal. The time to get there when there’s actually a rush is better used otherwise, even for a hunter. Even if you’d manage to CC someone. Run 20 seconds to disable one enemy for 7 seconds, of course, great tactic.

You are right. A class with no role can do everything, hunters are actually pretty balanced there, they suck similarly at everything. But: Other classes can work outside their intended fields, too. They might receive odd looks because they’d be better off doing something else, but it works. And for sure not worse than for hunters.

Imagine you’ve got a character that can only cast warmaster beacons, and maybe teleports. That would save waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy more lives. Is it fun to play? No? But still more fun than being a tracking slave.
Not to mention that you clearly missed that thing called reality. When was the last time a tracking info you’ve read was actually useful? How often do you need tracking info, and do you need it during a fight? (Hunter — the class that’s not supposed to participate in fights, yay!) I’m already saying that casting one thing every minute isn’t enough to give a class a role (booooring!!), and you basically say that casting ONE FUCKING SPELL, not even during fights, and with a useful result every few HOURS is a better role?
Oh, and what if — and just if — there happens to be MORE THAN ONE HUNTER? I know I know, not that likely to happen nowadays, but let’s just assume we’ve got well populated servers and more than 5% of the players are hunters. (Should be 16%, by the way) Is the second hunter redundant? You just need one player to track.
Seems you have a havy issue with play your own class.After 1,5 years play of barbarian and 1,5 years playng as marksman i made a hunter.
Yes right now when people complaint about poor role of hunters.
What kind of class are hunters?...oh damn dude are funny ever.

Traking ofer you lots of avantage to know when ,were and in what condition to kill your enemy.

You can play hunter in many ways having fun.Pet-less hunter that help ppl to clear area of grind ,camo and recap forts when ppl not pay attention.
Stalker ppl inside fort,behind enemys,inside realms ..etc.
Also you can play hunter with pet using skin beast and ds +bestial wrats.

I see no issue with they,i have no idea why you compare a hunter with a marks,they are a different think,fight in different way.
The only think that i see is that hunters try to tank as a marksman.
No dude that is wrong,hunter fight dirty and triky,tracks his enemy and suprise his enemy.
Cold blod confere you lots of dmg,even pet with ds and ss will deal also lots of dmg.
The only think that ppl need to understand is that they need to stop to think they are marksman ,play the rolle of hunter ..and hunt.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #24
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdk View Post
I see no issue with they,i have no idea why you compare a hunter with a marks,they are a different think,fight in different way.
Barbarians and marksmen fight quite differently, too. As long as they’re both classes in the same game, I’m going to compare them. Because all classes should be able to fight similarly good. What you say is that you’re Ok with hunters not being able to fight directly or fight at all (“were and in what condition to kill your enemy”—lol THAT’S funny! Easy to say if you’re usually playing other classes that can fight. Gameplay wise this is the biggest bullshit to happen to hunters), that’s fine, you just seem to like stealth. But trust me when I say it loses its magic once you play that class a bit longer, and that a class you’re playing with your main or even only char, not just when you’re bored by other classes, needs a bit more.
That there isn’t enough to differ a properly playable hunter from marksmen then, is a design flaw.

Feel free to head to this thread and answer there.

DISCORD!
Seher no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #25
Nils_Dacke
Initiate

Nils_Dacke is an unknown quantity at this point

Tracking, formally named 'enemy surveillance', isn't really tracking, but a radar. (Tracking would be following tracks on the ground.)

The radar has been rendered rather useless by the introduction of WM teleports. The inteligence value of a hunter saying 'no tracks for 500 meters' crumbles to a nothing when whole armies can be airlifted in instantly at any time without warning.

Maybe the WM teles should be modified so that a glowing ball appears at the receiving end too, and that this ball would show up on the radar as well. And also add a 30 or 60 seconds delay from the cast of the tele until it can be used, and then perhaps enemy surveillance could be useful again.

Or replace the wm tele with the summoning of a big transport dragon, which flies fast but isn't invisible to the enemies on the ground, so they can see it coming in. Let the pilot land it anywhere, just have some controlled airspace over realm walls, forts etc with AA missiles so noone tries anything funny with them.