Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 02-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #31
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

I try to compensate with high Energy Borrow, but mana is a problem. Especially Life Saver. Seeing someone too suicidal we try to heal or save, but when i see he do not listen i just stop to support. I do not feel good when this happen.

Not caring, ungrateful, people yelling at you - it is sad when this happen. Usually i stay at CS after this or change to warlock and try to grind or hunt alone.

Sometimes people get conjus as they are always there. They see 2-3 conjus and think we can play careless and have more fun. Noyone cares that you put all your spells and waste all your mana to save them. You even do stupid things to save their ass and die because of this.

If there was no conjus like Arwen, Aari, Syrtisa, Isemon, Enith, Galynn i will be long stopped RO or playing another class.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #32
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

I rarely play my Conjurer now. Mostly because you need a good hunting group with another Conjurer or a war worth going to. I have a limited time to play, and most of it is during Horus' dead hours. Spending most of my time in the game waiting for something to happen isn't my idea of fun.

Also, I simply grew a bit tired of the class. It's too routine now. Fast-paced and yet too easy.

With every change NGD made to the Conjurer spells, I have found it more and more brainless to play. Back then you had to anticipate who was going to get hit, or who will make a rush, then pre-buff that player up with regens, etc. You needed to think if it was the right time to fire off that Heal Ally or to move on to another ally because 10 seconds was an eternity and the spell was too precious to waste on the wrong guy. Conjurer gameplay was tactical then; you really had to think and know what you were doing to be good at it.

Nowadays, it's just like playing wack-a-mole. It simply has gotten stale.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #33
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Yes was awesome times.

Prebuff with Regenerate Self and for allies with Regenerate Ally was great. Instant spells for nearly every conju spell was so nice - all you have to get was a fast staff. No wasting points for Devotion. Casting without going into combat mode was a hell of a feature. Spell cancels...

Many nice features of the game was removed for god know what reason. They gived to RO fun and tactics in playing.

Now is alot more stale and boring. Not only for conjurer.

I still remember the old Protection Dome. We used it to counter Sultar's Terror. Sure both spells was OP and dome was hated because of the speed mallus, but it was so fun to see a group of players into old dome animation(was alot nicer than current one) running like turtles, resisting a mass of terrors.

Old warlock terror area rushes.....areas! Taxi! Now i rarely see this....
Old 02-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #34
WhateverUSMC
Initiate

WhateverUSMC is on a distinguished road

While I can't say I've stopped playing support conjurer altogether, I have stepped back from it significantly since last year.

At first, I had stopped due to a lack of horse, for reasons Van has already laid out. Once I got one, I began using my conjurer a bit more.

Now, though, I'm not on it much for reasons that most of you have already pointed out, but my main issues are;

- Having to wait for something to happen
- Poor attitudes (i.e., 'you didn't give me mana/life/buffs, fuuuuuuuu!')

I don't mind being the only one on site, since that at least offers a challenge, and I also don't mind not hearing 'thank you', since I consider it a given to heal people, the same way that Sultars Terror is a given against big groups of enemies (has anyone thanked a warlock for Terror? Just wondering).

As a side note; I realize that the ignore function in game (much like here on the forums) helps limit the amount of douchebaggery we face. However, at this point, I get the feeling that I have more people on my ignore list than not on it.
WhateverUSMC no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #35
tikinho
Initiate

tikinho is on a distinguished road

Its not like I played conjurer for more than 15-20 days in game in the wz but
no one mentions me as a good conjurer, I guess I am a crappy one and I just waste my time trying to support people so I can keep on playing crappy hunter in the fort wars.
If hunters get buffed and useful for wars I'll play on it probably...
tikinho no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #36
TommyNott
Pledge

TommyNott is on a distinguished road

Wow, like I said, I guess I've just been really lucky in my experiences.

I see a lot of people saying that other players have given them a hard time - the whole "you didnt heal me!!" whining/complaining thing.

I have never encountered that, in fact my experience has been the complete opposite - people being very appreciative each and every time I heal them.

It's kind of funny, it happens so much that my attitude towards the "thank yous" now is this:

While I do appreciate my realm-mates desire to be courteous to me and express their gratitude for the healing/mana/buff, a lot of times when I see the "ty!" - particularly in the middle of a heated battle - I cringe a little bit when I consider the time it took them to click into the conversation window, make sure they were in the right one, type "ty!", then click back out and start fighting again - I find myself wishing that they would NOT take that time and instead just stay focused on the fight and know that I understand that they appreciate it.

I hope this isn't coming off as snarky, it's not meant that way. I just want them to focus on their job while I focus on mine - and no thanks is necessary! :-D

Anyways, maybe it's a Syrtis thing, too - people in Syrtis/Horus seem to be pretty nice people in general.

I do have respect for a certain Ignis conj though - I think Poison Ivy was the name: I was in a situation where I was supporting a small group fighting some Iggies, and Ivy was supporting the Iggie group - and it literally seemed to come down to who supported the best in that situation - sadly, the Iggies won that one, and I actually consider it to be my personal loss versus Ivy. ...good conj, though, VERY fast caster, she really kept her guys going - total respect.
TommyNott no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #37
Yttrium
Initiate

Yttrium is on a distinguished road

1. Waiting - this wouldn't be so bad if support conjurers didn't need partners; thus, confuse is mainly to blame.
2. Constantly rebuffing DI is tedious - again confuse is to blame.
3. Constantly rebuffing devotion, barrier and mind blank is tedious.
4. Too many weak healing spells leaves few points for anything else. i.e. you need to spend almost all your points for support to be effective at support.
5. Gameplay is frantic.
Yttrium no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #38
Topogigio_BR
Baron

Topogigio_BR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cugel View Post
1. Waiting - this wouldn't be so bad if support conjurers didn't need partners; thus, confuse is mainly to blame.
2. Constantly rebuffing DI is tedious - again confuse is to blame.
3. Constantly rebuffing devotion, barrier and mind blank is tedious.
4. Too many weak healing spells leaves few points for anything else. i.e. you need to spend almost all your points for support to be effective at support.
5. Gameplay is frantic.
Maybe we could have some spells like mana toten or rgeneration toten.
Topogigio_BR no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #39
Initiate

53453467734534 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Maybe we could have some spells like mana toten or rgeneration toten.
Good idea.
Split Healer and Summoner and create a "Shamanism" tree, which will
replace the "Summons" tree.

See also: http://www.regnumonlinegame.com/foru...ad.php?t=71494

I know that most people were critical of this idea. However my suggestion wasn´t that well-engineered at first.

Edit: To the person, who commented in Reputation: "you are too in love with your own ideas. try to be more impartial."
I am not a moderator. I don´t have to be unbiased. I have signed in (more precisely started to post) here to promote my ideas. That doesn´t mean i am criticizing this game on a grand scale. This game is great PvP/RvR wise (the best in this sub-genre). These are just things i like to see in this game. And if someone posts something about totems etc in a thread about conjurer i am justified to link my suggestion. This isn´t off topic. Although many people have already read it, there are surely some people who doesn´t know my idea. "My" (inspired by other games/people) idea just received another positive vote, most probably because of this link here. You can call it "idea marketing". So what! This is the way our society works. And by the way, I have added major improvements, because of constructive feedback from other people. I have no problems to realize if something isn´t as good, as i have conceptualized it. That´s why i have added an additional tree for the healer class.

Last edited by 53453467734534; 02-05-2011 at 11:43 PM.
53453467734534 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:19 PM   #40
Hamster_of_sorrow
Self-called retired user

Hamster_of_sorrow is an unknown quantity at this point

i stopped playing because i stopped playing the game. i stopped playing the game because NGD sucks at support. i liked to play my conju, but im currently boycotting the game entirely.
Hamster_of_sorrow no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote