Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 06-04-2010, 01:44 AM   #31
kamax
Master

kamax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticWolf View Post
I want to make a REST API for map status, though I'm pretty busy right now (exams are coming and I have to hand in two projects tomorrow, plus a webapp to finish). Are you interested?
I'm very busy too, i must prepare my appartment for a child comming in some months. Maybe i can do it quick but i'm not familiar with REST API. What is the goal and what does this api bring ?
I just have to parse the html source to have all the information i want.
kamax no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:58 AM   #32
ArcticWolf
Duke

ArcticWolf is a glorious beacon of lightArcticWolf is a glorious beacon of lightArcticWolf is a glorious beacon of lightArcticWolf is a glorious beacon of lightArcticWolf is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamax View Post
I'm very busy too, i must prepare my appartment for a child comming in some months. Maybe i can do it quick but i'm not familiar with REST API. What is the goal and what does this api bring ?
I just have to parse the html source to have all the information i want.
Congrats! I guess this is an exiting moment in your life. Wish you the best of lucks!

And now for something completely different... The API lowers the complexity of the app while keeping the hard work in a separate server, making changes more atomic and smaller binary sizes. Oh, and if you request an XML, CSV or JSON from the API it will have less impact in the wireless network carrier fees (less kilobytes to receive).

The only downside of Remote-API-Based apps is that you absolutely require to communicate with the server to update the status. Which is the same, since you're already bound to network availability anyway. :P
Old 06-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #33
kamax
Master

Thanks, yes it is

For the api, it will be nice but i must find a little time. If i do it, it's not in the next few days. I don't remember were but it still exist on a web site, with xml ouput. Maybe we can download the file.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #34
kamax
Master

Big changes for beta8.7 avaible on the market. It run a service to avoid the phone to kill the application and give some strange reports.
Must be tested a little but it looks good.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #35
Flocke
Pledge

Flocke is on a distinguished road

You can get the boss respawn times as time stamp, but you net a regnum-fans.de account:
http://regnum-fans.de/api/api.php?us...time=timestamp

insert your username, your password, the format (json, ini, csv). Look on the API page for information (you can translate it with google). Please mention regnum-fans.de when you use it.

When you have questions please ask me here or write an mail: tloi-forum@web.de
Old 06-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #36
kamax
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flocke View Post
You can get the boss respawn times as time stamp, but you net a regnum-fans.de account:
http://regnum-fans.de/api/api.php?us...time=timestamp

insert your username, your password, the format (json, ini, csv). Look on the API page for information (you can translate it with google). Please mention regnum-fans.de when you use it.

When you have questions please ask me here or write an mail: tloi-forum@web.de
Thanks, i do it in the next(or 2 next) update. Sorry for the missing mention, i have do this part very quick.

PS: The report system no more work because the server i use no more exist, i remove it in the next update, don't report errors for this, thanks.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #37
mr_scsi
Initiate

mr_scsi is on a distinguished road

I tried to run the install of the package from the market place and it failed today for v beta0.8.7.

error:

"package file was not signed correctly"

EDIT: nvm a bit of googling and I came upon a suggestion to uninstall the old one then install from marketplace.
That fixed the error.
mr_scsi no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #38
Dracice
Apprentice

Dracice is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,its pasble recompile it for maemo devices? (its standart linux os based on debian and it uses in n900 phone)
Old 06-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #39
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

I'm getting an error on my Nexus One with Android 2.1 -update 1. It keeps crashing.

Edit: I don't know what changed but it is now working for me too. Cool app. Thanks!

Posted a comment. I'd also like to suggest a few features:

- A widget version
- Allow user to set notifications for specific forts if taken by an enemy realm.
- Use labeled maps like the one from Inquisition with zoom enabled on the main app.
- Remove the quit confirmation dialog on exit. Android does it well enough IMO. Pressing the "Home" button should minimize the application, while pressing "Back" should exit it.

Last edited by e30ernest; 06-22-2010 at 07:55 AM.
e30G no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:53 AM   #40
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

I think I found out why it crashes on my Nexus. It seems to crash whenever there are problems accessing the internet. Whenever my internet connection slows to a crawl or drops off totally, the application "terminates unexpectedly".