Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 04-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #31
Kianoni
Initiate

Kianoni is on a distinguished road

I'm getting so fed up with all these "reasons" you all come up with against hunters. I'm not saying it's you but add all these up (I've seen these reasoned all over the forums by mostly non-hunter players):
hunters: should not have good attack because they have a pet that can deal damage, hunters should not evade so much because they can go invisible, they do not need extra protection they have speed, they can choose their fights so they should not be match to anyone their level or higher (you people seriously think all hunters have fun finding easy targets), hunters should be weak in close combat, hunters should be weak in range and so on..

and after all this you ask us to pause every 50 meters to wait for our pet to catch up? you'd be better understood by asking to remove wild spirit and mobility.

by the way..
-an untamed beastly yeti can catch a level 50 hunter running away and score a hit
-a tamed beastly yeti can not keep up running with a level 50 hunter

and finally to lengthen this rant a bit more I think it goes a bit like this:
everyone hates hunters because when you meet them you usually die - because you are ambushed, low on mana/health and/or several levels lower than the hunter. so you come here and and say the class is imbalanced(may be true to some point) and finally after all complaints hunters are "tuned down towards balance against other classes" and so hunters have no other choice than to "adapt to the situation" which means all hunters go to find even more easier targets and skill X (the only skill left after all nerfs) so they can live a bit longer.
rinse and repeat, back to where we started. after this everyone hates hunters because when you meet them you usually die - because you are ambushed, low on mana/health and/or several levels lower than the hunter..

try it, play a hunter. pick a fair fight with another class of your own level, win, and be proud - it's not so freaking easy you all make it sound. neither is hiding, seeking out targets, ambushing, running away from impossible situation and so on.. if I'm forced to play with a pet as otherwise I can not have good damage in small encounters I want that pet by my side. if limiting the pet speed is fair then be it but at least make pets keep up with their masters while not in combat mode
Kianoni no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:25 AM   #32
Mellion
Banned

Mellion is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kianoni View Post
I'm getting so fed up with all these "reasons" you all come up with against hunters.
Same here.

Even developers jumping on that damm ranting train is so unbelievable. The last updates only show to me that they lost contact to the actual gaming part of RO. Fort wars and gems offers me absolutely nothing interesting. It is static, laggy and repetitive.

They way of destruction of RO from my point of view:

* It all began with the possibility to grind to lvl 50 in the inner realm.
* Useless pet, slow, now dying if it is somewhat out of range.
* Tricks with much too high casting times.
* Hunters shouldn't do this, hunters shouldn't do that.
* Destruction of the evasion tree.
* Concentration on forts/invasions.
* Finally I'm done with premium because off those Lucky Boxes. I wasted 60€ on them and got 1 acceptable item: one single item!!!
* Now I "should" buy a new computer, because I can't see the pet commands. Come on, that can't be serious.
* forgot that one: Missing of beta/release testing. Is there any testing at all?
Mellion no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #33
_dracus_
Count

_dracus_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppypaws View Post
i dont see any reason why the pet should run at the speed of a hunter at all, even if it is to fix a bug of him dying. there has to be another way. why should a MOB (pet) all of a sudden run faster than its wild counterpart.
Because they are weaker than their wild counter part as soon as they are pet they loose the challenging bonus thing, and can get 1 hit kill by any stupid lvl 40s.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #34
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

how about balancing out the problem with the speed so that,
as soon as the hunter goes out of combat a counter starts and after like 6 seconds the pet gets the same speed as the hunter. as soon as any attack action is done again the pet speed gets back to a fair value.

A slower pet is annoying for hunting, a fast pet is imbalanced in-fight. got to just switch speed then somehow
Old 04-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #35
Enitharmon
Initiate

Enitharmon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aensor View Post
as soon as the hunter goes out of combat a counter starts and after like 6 seconds the pet gets the same speed as the hunter. as soon as any attack action is done again the pet speed gets back to a fair value.

A slower pet is annoying for hunting, a fast pet is imbalanced in-fight. got to just switch speed then somehow
I believe is this is how it is working (or "supposed" to work anyhow) after the hotfix, however the problem is that the pet never "exits" this normal speed mode, so after a fight he will behave like he did before the hotfix, lagging behind and out of range.

Currently the only workaround for this is to make the pet disappear/reappear again, f.ex. using Camoflage. The pet's speed will then be restored to hunter's speed again, until the next time you attack something.
Enitharmon no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #36
Blaine
Initiate

Blaine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aensor View Post

Yes, exactly! And maybe it is much easier - just to make the pet move the same speed as you while it's following you and normal speed while it's following (offensive) anyone else.

P.S. the pet speed isn't so annoying for me like that I HATE! it if the pet dies because of being blocked by a rock
Old 04-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #37
Angelwinged_Devil
Banned

Angelwinged_Devil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
*long text* removed
hunters are weak in physical strength because
a. they have a pet
b. the ability to always get the first hit in

it was worse when hunters were on the top of the foodchain, specially if you were running around as a warlock.

but hey, a scout has never been strong in terms of strength.

a big downside and problem about this is that you can't really use the surprise attack against mobs and level faster.

a group of hunters are strong but this game is an rvr game with the possibility of pvp, get in a group and grab head of the pack, suddenly your group is very important ;p.
Angelwinged_Devil no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #38
Ertial
Master

Ertial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelwinged_Devil View Post
a. they have a pet

it was worse when hunters were on the top of the foodchain, specially if you were running around as a warlock.

a big downside and problem about this is that you can't really use the surprise attack against mobs and level faster.

a group of hunters are strong but this game is an rvr game with the possibility of pvp, get in a group and grab head of the pack, suddenly your group is very important ;p.
Not always the first hit.

Furthermore it doesn't justify the destruction of a whole class. Yes, we shouldn't be almighty, but still, we deserve a change to survive an attack too.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #39
Kianoni
Initiate

Kianoni is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelwinged_Devil View Post
a. they have a pet

a. not all hunters want a pet but it seems it is forced
b. scoring first hit usually counts as much as 1 second of the battle (with bugged ambush maybe even 4), for the rest 20-30 seconds there's no surprise

so how about giving that pet some speed to keep up with us and at the same time force other classes to skill 1 special tree to 19
Kianoni no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #40
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
scoring first hit usually counts as much as 1 second of the battle (with bugged ambush maybe even 4), for the rest 20-30 seconds there's no surprise
No, => Confuse. They should rather remove this spell than nerf the hunters' fighting abilities even more.
Seher no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote