Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 04-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #31
makarios68
Count

makarios68 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catelyn View Post
You may be right, but then, it applies to hunters too. They are supposed to be scouting in warzone, that's where they own, not in fort wars. Aensor may have a "marksman" point of view, but aren't you doing the same?
Hunters do much more close up work than marksmen. Many use range 20 short bows; very few sit back at range using parabolic shot.

Also, i see more hunters using rep shot these days. As this is a melee range skill they have to get real close and personal to cast it.

When i play my marks i kill most targets at max range without DS. Arcania/ethereal/serpent/arcania - full hp target dead.

In my mind, it is hunters, not marksmen that need extra protection and close up stun skills.
makarios68 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #32
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

confuse is a fucking nice spell and hunters can have big impact on fortwars even with dispells and stuff around but you sound like hunters strengths in FFs doesnt fit the style you want to play. For pure damage from distance id suggest to lvl a marksman and skill for forts..

Edit:
@wudy
Even in theory this combo 'can' kill only unbuffed mages
But what you discribe is maxrange which rarely stays a whole fight on hunts and 1 on 1s. Maybe you just prefer your hunter there, no need to generalize.

Last edited by Aensor; 04-11-2009 at 04:37 PM.
_Enio_ no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #33
Inkster
Count

Inkster has a spectacular aura aboutInkster has a spectacular aura about

I'll take an ounce of what the poster 3 up is smoking

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seher View Post
Confuse is useless in fortwars,
I take it you know fuck all about conjors.... you are referrering to Regnum i trust

EDIT 2:

Quote:
On the German Servers
This isnt a German server and you SIR are an embarrasement to the German people.

May i suggest you sod off

Last edited by Inkster; 04-11-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Inkster no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:57 PM   #34
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aensor View Post
confuse is a fucking nice spell and hunters can have big impact on fortwars even with dispells and stuff around
Yeah, but not with confuse.

Quote:
but you sound like hunters strengths in FFs doesnt fit the style you want to play. For pure damage from distance id suggest to lvl a marksman and skill for forts..
Where is the strength? Yeah, a marks can do everything better. Maybe there will be something a hunter can do better with that petcontrol stuff, but right now there's no strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkster View Post
I take it you know fuck all about conjors.... you are rerfering to Regnum i trust
Mhh I've got one, and do always use dispel magic.

Quote:
This isnt a German server and you SIR are an embarrasement to the German people.

1. I just didn't know if it's common here, too. And still don't know.
2. Did I say something wrong? I only tried to describe my situation...

And no, it's not that bad, I can deal more damage than most marksmen, but I just don't see the point, why I'm hunter. (I've tried to play "hunter-like", but that's less effective)
Seher no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #35
-Edge-
Banned

-Edge- will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I've never been on German servers, but I know that playing style is different on each server. Not everyone plays with the same setups everywhere, the differences are usually fairly large. So the same discussion may break into a totally different line here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makarios68
When i play my marks i kill most targets at max range without DS. Arcania/ethereal/serpent/arcania - full hp target dead.
What do you expect of an offensive class? The purpose of a marksman is to eradicate single targets quickly and efficiently. You got that taste of power and now it clashes with your hunter style imo. From what I understand it look kind of like you want the same style.

Eurgh, don't talk about mass setups please. I strictly use longbows, why should hunters be adjusted only to melee range? Its not my fault if people want to use tiny bows and spam cheap areas :S The skills are there for both classes for a reason, don't make hunters into a one way road and marksmen into both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seher
Lol, you're funny. I don't use tricks 15 any more, confuse is useless. Yeah, I could sneak around and confuse a healer, but why? On the German Servers is dispel magic very popular.
You won't get extreme instant effects on Hunters like you do on other classes, more over you need to remember this is a defensive class (defensive not necessarily meaning tank, but into supportive sense) There are always ways to break through setups, if people are using mass dispels and organized dispelling, you need to understand your targets and adjust your setup. Confuse and Distracting Shot can already put out 2 mages from DIing themselves or others.
-Edge- no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:36 PM   #36
makarios68
Count

makarios68 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
What do you expect of an offensive class? The purpose of a marksman is to eradicate single targets quickly and efficiently. You got that taste of power and now it clashes with your hunter style imo. From what I understand it look kind of like you want the same style.
WTF are you talking about? I know this is the purpose of an offensive class, and i wasn't complaining about it. You really do rant about nothing at times! You should read posts properly instead of skimming over them! I was making the point that a marks can kill a full health target quickly from range 39, and this is why they need stun fist less than hunters.

Anyway, I've had my say, and i firmly stand by the opinion that hunters need improving.

When i started this thread i wasn't doing a Valorious and calling out for super-powered hunters. I was pointing out a few improvements that i think are needed to bring the class up to speed with the others - and i have done the same thing many times in the past for other classes that i think need a tweak in some way. I am interested in balance, not in making my main character overpowered!
makarios68 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #37
Seher
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
You won't get extreme instant effects on Hunters like you do on other classes, more over you need to remember this is a defensive class (defensive not necessarily meaning tank, but into supportive sense) There are always ways to break through setups, if people are using mass dispels and organized dispelling, you need to understand your targets and adjust your setup. Confuse and Distracting Shot can already put out 2 mages from DIing themselves or others.
Yeah, but it's not effective... Show me a video where it is effective, maybe I can learn something

I think the hunter should be defensive, too, but then the hunters should have a better defence or REAL supportive spells, not tracking enemies, it's useless in most fortwars. When the hunters get a better defence their damage output is far too high. Have you ever tried rapid shot + dirty fight? It's insane!
Another idea would be to make short bow hunter specific. The hunters pet has to get close to the enemy, so why not the hunter, too? He has camo and a better defence to get close to the enemy. The marksman should stay away from the enemies, so he has the worse defence. (But maybe some spells to keep the enemies away, something to slow the enemies down)
=> Not defensive/offensive discipline, high ranged/low ranged discipline.

These are my ideas, what do you think?
Old 04-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #38
_dracus_
Count

_dracus_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah, but it's not effective... Show me a video where it is effective, maybe I can learn something

I think the hunter should be defensive, too, but then the hunters should have a better defence or REAL supportive spells, not tracking enemies, it's useless in most fortwars. When the hunters get a better defence their damage output is far too high. Have you ever tried rapid shot + dirty fight? It's insane!
Another idea would be to make short bow hunter specific. The hunters pet has to get close to the enemy, so why not the hunter, too? He has camo and a better defence to get close to the enemy. The marksman should stay away from the enemies, so he has the worse defence. (But maybe some spells to keep the enemies away, something to slow the enemies down)
=> Not defensive/offensive discipline, high ranged/low ranged discipline.

These are my ideas, what do you think?
To me it's bullshit. I use confuse and distracting shot and it's useful, I can assure you. Lots of things are useful on hunters, that's the problem
Old 04-11-2009, 09:36 PM   #39
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Hmm your statements make me curious about whats going on on german servers. Hunters outdamaging marksmen with only normal hits and spells? No way at all. I personally like the different designs of the archerclasses.

The whole thread gone weird tho.

@wudy:
What situations are you referring to when you feel weak as hunter? Because in 1 on 1s where the hunter gets the drop on an unprepared opponent its almost impossible to survive. How can you balance the hunter in lets say group environment without making him even stronger in sneaky 1vs1 operations? How to balance in the improved possibilities to come away if something goes wrong? more tank would make hunters too much op in 'drop out of camo' situations, not?
Old 04-11-2009, 10:38 PM   #40
Seher
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by gph View Post
To me it's bullshit. I use confuse and distracting shot and it's useful, I can assure you. Lots of things are useful on hunters, that's the problem
It's useful in RvR, too? Tell me more, immediatly!

Quote:
Hmm your statements make me curious about whats going on on german servers. Hunters outdamaging marksmen with only normal hits and spells? No way at all. I personally like the different designs of the archerclasses.
Short bow is far better than longbow, that's the reason If I played a marksman I would use short bows, too. (And I would make more damage, but I'm no fan of grinding...)

Quote:
@wudy:
What situations are you referring to when you feel weak as hunter? Because in 1 on 1s where the hunter gets the drop on an unprepared opponent its almost impossible to survive. How can you balance the hunter in lets say group environment without making him even stronger in sneaky 1vs1 operations? How to balance in the improved possibilities to come away if something goes wrong? more tank would make hunters too much op in 'drop out of camo' situations, not?
something like head of the pack?

Tags
balance, hunters