General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 05-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #31
Baron

71175 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincebo View Post
Suggestion:
-Move Forsight AND Strategic Positions to hunter

-Give UM a penalty (like -100% evade chance or -25/50% Hit chance)

If a hunter is too OP then, you can think of lowering Dead Eye too 100%(lvl5) and reducing Confuse time with 3 seconds each level

Taking comments please
Rofl. 10 chars
71175 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #32
Anpu
Count

Anpu will become famous soon enough

Why on earth to give foresight to hunter? I cannot think one single logical reason for that.
Hunter is good in short range combat and has tools for it like camouflage and pet (we are not discussing here crappy AI), while marksman is all about range which was clearly showed when foresight was boosted (explanation was that marksman class should have more range than other classes as its specialty).
Having parabolic shot AND foresight for only hunter you exactly improved what? Hunter class, by transferring problem from one class to another?

+1 to 71175.

Inquisition
Anpu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #33
Mehran
Initiate

Mehran is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Suggestion:

If a hunter is too OP then, you can think of lowering Dead Eye too 100%(lvl5) and reducing Confuse time with 3 seconds each level

Taking comments please
no. This won't work at all sorry. Like me and Luke said, every offensive class needs their 1 good defense buff. Besides hunters can do a ton of damage honestly, maybe not at fort fights, but if you camp behind them like immune, yes they do. It's just the hard normals on mages that people are complaining about.... To be honest, I think people just don't know how to use the fort and rush TOGETHER with pylons/buffs ... I mean Marx dont have spray, area damage.. :P
Mehran no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #34
Quincebo
Baron

Quincebo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anpu View Post
Why on earth to give foresight to hunter? I cannot think one single logical reason for that.
Hunter is good in short range combat and has tools for it like camouflage and pet (we are not discussing here crappy AI), while marksman is all about range
marks are about Range/Damage/Defence/CC's/Attack speed/Evades
Quote:
which was clearly showed when foresight was boosted (explanation was that marksman class should have more range than other classes as its specialty).
NGD did several things, which they said they ain't gonna happen or they removed things to be added later on ( Public Taxi for Onslaught)
Quote:
Having parabolic shot AND foresight for only hunter you exactly improved what? Hunter class, by transferring problem from one class to another?
It specializes hunters.
Hunters are somewhat useless at fort wars nowadays.
They can only try to confuse conjus or do some ensnaring arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrived View Post
Like me and Luke said, every offensive class needs their 1 good defense buff
Ill give you a list of defence spells for marks when strategic positions is removed:
-Son of the Wind
-Low Profile
-Escapist
-Spell Elude
-Acrobatic
-Dodge
Yes it's the whole Evasion spell tree

But instead of saying NO NO NO!!, why dont you guys give some suggestions as well?
Old 05-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #35
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Suggestion:

Taking comments please
Giving hunters more range won't help at all, the problem is their ridiculous low dmg without any boss jewelry and lack of class specific spells which can have an impact on war.

-100% evade chance on UM is pointless, berserk does this already also hit chance won't be a real penalize. I would prefer something like -x% armor points like the old berserk did. So actually some teamplay with knights would be required. But I know most barbs won't like this because they think as the offensive class they have to tank everything and one hit everything alone...
Hayir no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #36
Quincebo
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesir View Post
Giving hunters more range won't help at all, the problem is their ridiculous low dmg without any boss jewelry and lack of class specific spells which can have an impact on war.

-100% evade chance on UM is pointless, berserk does this already also hit chance won't be a real penalize. I would prefer something like -x% armor points like the old berserk did. So actually some teamplay with knights would be required. But I know most barbs won't like this because they think as the offensive class they have to tank everything and one hit everything alone...
Thank you for a constructive post
Yes -evade is useless, my fault...

But how are you thinking to increase damage on hunters, without increasing it on marks??
As i recall from most comments on barbs, is that they can rush with UM on and can kill almost everything in their path.
Giving UM a good penalty makes them have to rush with a team to be protected.

If we all want a good balanced game, we must also think about the chars we play, so a marks shouldn't just say no to all, as well as barbs do.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #37
blood-raven
Master

blood-raven is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dodge, really? dodge? defence spell?
Old 05-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #38
roonwick
Initiate

roonwick is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood-raven View Post
Dodge, really? dodge? defence spell?
it increases evade chance, which makes it a defence spell.
roonwick no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #39
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thank you for a constructive post
Yes -evade is useless, my fault...

But how are you thinking to increase damage on hunters, without increasing it on marks??
As i recall from most comments on barbs, is that they can rush with UM on and can kill almost everything in their path.
Giving UM a good penalty makes them have to rush with a team to be protected.

If we all want a good balanced game, we must also think about the chars we play, so a marks shouldn't just say no to all, as well as barbs do.
Head of the Pack did the damage job very well in the past, but they sadly removed it.
But in my opinion it doesn't have to be better damage to make the class better for wars. Some hunter only CCs/debuffs. There aren't any -cs spells for example. Area traps with cannot move, etc.
Or even improve pets, give them spells (used by the hunter ofc not AI).

And about barbs, i would even go so far and want the -x% AP on berserk back but i prolly won't get any sympathy for that one :P
Hayir no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #40
Quincebo
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesir View Post
Head of the Pack did the damage job very well in the past, but they sadly removed it.
But in my opinion it doesn't have to be better damage to make the class better for wars. Some hunter only CCs/debuffs. There aren't any -cs spells for example. Area traps with cannot move, etc.
Or even improve pets, give them spells (used by the hunter ofc not AI).

And about barbs, i would even go so far and want the -x% AP on berserk back but i prolly won't get any sympathy for that one :P
Agreed on Head of Pack, although its was bugged(according to many)
Giving barbs a -x % Armor points is an idea, but i think it's UM is widely seen as the problem(correct me if i'm wrong)

You got my sympathy, as you are one of the few people who give something constructive