Welcome New users can introduce themselves to the community here

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #31
Enitharmon
Initiate

Enitharmon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33t_supa_h4x90r View Post
Just as a funny note to the writer of this thread - Syrtis is so underpopulated atm that we were given the underpopulation exp bonus. Goes to show why you shouldn't make hasty decisions. I hope you enjoy playing for Ignis though, better for me to have more free rps
This would have been funny if it didn't sound like you actually believe this...

What changed (on Haven) in the recent weeks, is that Syrtis went from being able to steamroll anyone, anywhere, purely from having a massive numbers advantage, to actually having to fight somewhat similar numbers (if you consider the 24h population on average).

The OP did a commendable thing trying to join whatever realm needed him most, and I am certain that in the long term it was the right choice, too.
Anyone who played the last months could see that on average, Ignis were the least populated realm, even though they may not always have been "losing".

Regarding being "underpopulated", once your realm has been "farmed" at your main fort, for multiple hours straight, any hour of the day, for week after week, then come back and we can talk about being underpopulated. I might even let you cry on my (virtual) shoulder!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #32
Kitsuni
Baron

Kitsuni is on a distinguished road

Please quit derailing every thread about Syrtis population/weaknesses/needs/etc, l33t_supa_h4x90r.

When you have suffered invasions 24/7 for about a month straight, and your enemy realm has had 15 draconic gems in the span of two weeks and gained over 90,000 Warmaster coins for all of their players (each), then we'll talk. Tigerious himself posted a thread on this and it was quite rediculous.

If Syrtis is underpop now, they deserve it for absolutely BREAKING the game for so long, and running more than half of the populations of the other realms off the server causing the game to be a virtual ghosttown until Champions of Regnum update. I'm sorry but bad behavior can't go unpunished forever, even if "legal".

Do you have any idea what it is like to have your only available grind spots farmed by a handful of draconic gem hunters?

What Alsius is doing now and what Ignis (night crew) has done in the past pales... no, its microscopic in comparison.

+1 to the thread creator for following his heart and chosing what he wants, That is how it should be.
Kitsuni no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #33
Monthser
Secondary account

Monthser is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunie View Post
If Syrtis is underpop now, they deserve it for absolutely BREAKING the game for so long, and running more than half of the populations of the other realms off the server causing the game to be a virtual ghosttown until Champions of Regnum update. I'm sorry but bad behavior can't go unpunished forever....[/b]
I am sorry to say that you are completely wrong, Kitsunie. No realm is to blame for over or underpopulation.
I dont think Alsius deserved to be undepopulated nor Syrtis or Ignis. No one is to blame for that. If you want to blame someone you could blame the mechanics of the game, new updates or whatever but not the players. Each realm has its goods and bad players.
Furthermore the reason why now Alsius is "overpopulated" is because many Syrtis players -who you seem to dispise so much- are playing now in Alsius. Not only Syrtians but Ignis as well.
As soon as those players get bored in Alsius they will be back to its former realm. Some of them switch continuosly realms.
Monthser no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #34
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

I like cookiesssss.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #35
Tamui
Baron

Tamui is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry Kitsunie but I don't agree with you. Syrtis don't deserve nothing. Do you think we can stop them from coming to forts so the enemy can have chance? Do you think we could have stopped them from invading during that 24/7 invasions from Syrtis. I don't think so.
About the dragonic gems; we wished for it the first time to see what it was. After that everyone got greedy and no matter what you say no one will listens to you.
Tamui no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #36
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Most of old Syrtis players was against daily invasions and tried to stop that. Well everyone knows that can not work. So some left, moved or become more inactive. Me including. This happened to Ignis too, so nothing new here.

In fact i'm uber happy with situation now. It is more challenging and lots more fun than before. Keep it up guys!

--

People that moved to fix balance can return now.

/me winks at awra

We miss you dude...
Old 01-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #37
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieti View Post
return now.

/me winks at awra

We miss you dude...
he is my girlfriend now, hes never coming back, MWAHAHAHA
Old 01-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #38
l33t_supa_h4x90r
Apprentice

l33t_supa_h4x90r is on a distinguished road

You do realize that those rankings have about as much to do with population balance as the rp rankings have to do with skill, right? That's just an indication of who farms the most - I wonder why the blue campers don't appear t be doing so well on there. The fact that Alsius invades multiple times a day probably means nothing to you though, since you're not on the receiving end. And don't give me that "we were farmed for hours on end" goat whining when you've opened portal so many times since the update - the combined number of openings for syrtis and ignis is probably 2 orders of magnitude below the number for alsius in just the last month. And in case you hadn't noticed, the rewards for portal openings >>>> the rewards for an aggers farm.

And just for the record: I don't care what Syrtis did in the time from May till December, since I wasn't playing.
l33t_supa_h4x90r no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #39
AariEv
Initiate

AariEv is on a distinguished road

Disappointed at the attitude some players have in this thread (and on these forums in general).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunie
Kitsune, everything you've typed is emotional, biased, flawed, and ignorant. You blame Syrtis for overpopulation and making the game a "virtual ghosttown" when Syrtis as a whole is not responsible.

The simple fact is that if any realm has a much higher population compared to that of the other two, that realm will "abuse" it's numbers. Over the years playing this game, I've seen it with each realm. In actuality, we can't really call it "abuse" because they're doing nothing but playing the game and looking for war..... in a game which thrives on war.

Furthermore, every realm has a handful of players who just don't give a fuck. Players are stupidly blaming Syrtis as a whole for constantly invading when, in actuality, it was merely a handful of players who deliberately chose to continue taking advantage of other realms for draconic gems and WM coins. If the situation was reversed and Alsius or Ignis had the extreme advantage, I assure you that there are players in your realms who would do the same. Not all players have the same noble ideals that a few of us have.

During that time, there were quite a few main Syrtis players who quit or refused to invade...some major players even got together on the Syrtis forums and agreed to stop participating in invasions. Many of you don't know this, but the threads are still there. The real issue here is the fact that there's a realm in this game that's much more appealing to players in general compared to that of other realms. That is the source of all population issues and hatred towards Syrtis. (That and the fact that we have famous loudmouth ignorant players who like to make fools of themselves publicly. Those players do NOT speak for us as a whole.)

Continue to condemn Syrtis and it's players (both new and old) for actions in which most of us weren't responsible if you want. It's understandable... but it's also idiotic and immature.

Last edited by Aarisewan; 01-03-2013 at 05:30 PM.
AariEv no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #40
Evangeline
Master

Evangeline is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarisewan View Post

Furthermore, every realm has a handful of players who just don't give a fuck. Players are stupidly blaming Syrtis as a whole for constantly invading when, in actuality, it was merely a handful of players who deliberately chose to continue taking advantage of other realms for draconic gems and WM coins. If the situation was reversed and Alsius or Ignis had the extreme advantage, I assure you that there are players in your realms who would do the same.

Time to condemn you instead for saying that , in a dragon cave, a realm votes for a wish, when someone invades there are alot of people on for that to happen and that lot of people will be at the cave voting for the wish, voting for the wish wasnt taking advantage of other realms, people were just playing the game with all it had to offer for the achievers of a successful set of invasions, back then it was ignis night invasions, then it was syrtis morning invasions that you are talking about, and now its alsius turn i guess, it will always happen so why cry about it like children ? just play the game with what it has to offer and have fun

my initial point on this reply was at you saying that only a handful were taking advantage of the situation to get draconic gems and wmc, well you are deeply wrong every1 that invaded voted for it, the wish that is chosen is chosen by everyone and everyone helped with the invasions, why start conspiracy theories? you are not jesse ventura:P

Edit: finishing reading all you said and this quote :
Quote:
Not all players have the same noble ideals that a few of us have.
please share some of those ideals with us, i am actually curious to know them, i must be one of the people who dont have them, since only a few do

Quote:
(That and the fact that we have famous loudmouth ignorant players who like to make fools of themselves publicly. Those players do NOT speak for us as a whole.)
i think this advice applies well to you on this post you've made @.@ the part of players speaking for "us" as a whole

i apologize for the harsh way of saying this all but after reading your reply on this thread.... i couldnt stay quiet about it @.@

Last edited by nohan; 01-03-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Evangeline no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread